Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What is the goal of life?

ONION BURPS

ONION BURPS

Most men die at 27 — We just bury them at 72
What are we as a species trying to accomplish? When I imagine the future of this culture (western specifically) all I see as the crowning achievement is a McDonald's on the moon. An Amazon warehouse on Venus. Space taxis to travel from galaxy to galaxy as some weird tourism like freak show. Perhaps I'm asking what is the meaning of us all being alive?

I often watch animal documentaries and see these oaf-like oxen in the African Savannah being constantly tormented by every predator that they come across. I know their low IQ, but if they could see their predicament from an intelligent objective 3rd person view, wouldn't they just all LDAR? Their life is just eating grass and running from chomping jaws. Why keep that existence going? Even from the predators viewpoint, it's just a non stop chase for them their entire lives. A rumbling belly and sprinting.

That's what I feel like humans are doing. Why eat? Why fuck and perpetuate this shit? a child born is just another tax paying drone. Why keep going? Why expand further, why conquer the cosmos? The older I get, the more I just want to sit in a room, stare at the ceiling and zone out til I sleep then do it again tomorrow. How weird it is to be anything at all.

the objective meaning of life is to live in accordance with the traits you were born with, maintain your homeostasis and to attempt to propagate your genes. the rest of human progress is essentially an extrapolation from these biological imperatives.
as the most basic principle of life is self-propagation, it is hard to overcome. why haven't you killed yourself if life is so dull?

What are we as a species trying to accomplish? When I imagine the future of this culture (western specifically) all I see as the crowning achievement is a McDonald's on the moon. An Amazon warehouse on Venus. Space taxis to travel from galaxy to galaxy as some weird tourism like freak show. Perhaps I'm asking what is the meaning of us all being alive?

I often watch animal documentaries and see these oaf-like oxen in the African Savannah being constantly tormented by every predator that they come across. I know their low IQ, but if they could see their predicament from an intelligent objective 3rd person view, wouldn't they just all LDAR? Their life is just eating grass and running from chomping jaws. Why keep that existence going? Even from the predators viewpoint, it's just a non stop chase for them their entire lives. A rumbling belly and sprinting.

That's what I feel like humans are doing. Why eat? Why fuck and perpetuate this shit? a child born is just another tax paying drone. Why keep going? Why expand further, why conquer the cosmos? The older I get, the more I just want to sit in a room, stare at the ceiling and zone out til I sleep then do it again tomorrow. How weird it is to be anything at all.
this is a very philosophycal question... PIZZA AND VIDEO GAMES is the answer for me :yes: :yes: :yes:

To cope until you die.

the objective meaning of life is to live in accordance with the traits you were born with, maintain your homeostasis and to attempt to propagate your genes. the rest of human progress is essentially an extrapolation from these biological imperatives.
as the most basic principle of life is self-propagation, it is hard to overcome. why haven't you killed yourself if life is so dull?

I'm waiting for something to spark desire in me I suppose. I guess I still have hope of my mindset changing.

Last edited:
Looks. Money. Status. They drive your sexual market value. We keep building and innovating and working so hard because we're always going to be competing with each other in those three factors for sex. It's about spreading genes in the end

I don't care what "we as a species" are doing tbh

Finding something to do that is fun and makes you happy

Most people don't think about it.
Some people live for physical pleasures, some for competing and winning in whatever field they're in, others because they think it's better than nothing.

There's no goal to life, but there doesn't have to be one. Just do what you want to do.

Sex and spread your genes like parasites. Everything else is secondary. No matter what you do in the end it doesn't matter since in time of the universe death it will disappear someday anyway.

Reproduction is the only objective goal, everything else are just man made goals

enjoy our time as much as possible

enjoy our time as much as possible
Dopamine farming
Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Sex and spread your genes like parasites. Everything else is secondary. No matter what you do in the end it doesn't matter since in time of the universe death it will disappear someday anyway.
this

To be happy. For the pros to outweigh the cons

Unfortunately for us, that isn't the case. Being alive isn't worth all the trouble that comes with it.

Whatever you're doing that prevents you from roping yourself.

All of it is, as a poet once said, "rage against the dying of the light." It's all massive cope in the face of the one inescapable certainty.

if the laws of reincarnation are to be believed, you are here to attempt fulfilling a purpose

There's none. At some point you will die. Ahem at some point everyone dies as is there will be no humans. Everything else, all your miserable cope pales in comparison with this ultimate truth.

Unless you're religious and meaning of your life is to serve God.