Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious what is the first anime you watched?

DBZ on toonami.

Besides yu-gi-oh (english dub) as a kid, the first "real" anime I watched was "welcome to the NHK", per recommendation of /r/foreveralone. I was about 18 at the time. My interest in nime didn't start for another two years after that though. I only watched it because I was told it was relatable (it kinda was).

Pokemon as a kid, Erased first real anime. Erased was great, and I'm glad my first experience was a good one and I didn't turn into an anime hating brainlet because I watched a shitty one first

anime hating brainlet
There are many legit criticism of anime as an art form. This coming from a fan. TBH I don't think I'd like anime if I wasn't incel.

There are many legit criticism of anime as an art form. This coming from a fan. TBH I don't think I'd like anime if I wasn't incel.
Yeah, that's true. I just got used to using “anime hating brainlet."

dragonball and yugioh

Naruto if you don't count Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, Dinosaur King and Bakugan.

Dragonball, my dad is a big fan of it and I would sometimes watch it with him

prince of tennis was the first i watched

first i completed was ouran host club

Probably some stupid kid shit when I was a kid and didn't know the cartoons I was watching were from Japan (Hamtaro, Pokemon, Detective Conan, Yugioh etc). The first anime I watched while aware that I was watching an anime was Attack on Titan. After that came Death Note and then the fall down the rabbit hole.

i don't watch it, although i should prob start. My roommate next year is this international korean kid, might be an incel based on the photos. Any recommendations so that i can click with him?

Pokemon as a kid, Erased first real anime. Erased was great, and I'm glad my first experience was a good one and I didn't turn into an anime hating brainlet because I watched a shitty one first
Besides yu-gi-oh (english dub) as a kid, the first "real" anime I watched was "welcome to the NHK", per recommendation of /r/foreveralone. I was about 18 at the time. My interest in nime didn't start for another two years after that though. I only watched it because I was told it was relatable (it kinda was).

What is the difference? Pokemon etc. is more westernized or something? Sorry, I am noob.

I only watched anime on TV incidentally at friends houses as a kid and it made me cringe in a way I was not able to take it serious until some years ago after I rewatched spirited away, which was in ground school my first and only "real" actively watched anime, I guess. Watched some classic moviies since my rediscovery, but I am to tired to get into it further now.

Last edited:
Naruto and DBZ

What is the difference? Pokemon etc. is more westernized or something? Sorry, I am noob.

I only watched anime on TV incidentally at friends houses as a kid and it made me cringe in a way I was not able to take it serious until some years ago after I rewatched spirited away, which was in ground school my first and only "real" actively watched anime, I guess. Watched some classic moviies since my rediscovery, but I am to tired to get into it further now.
I mean, they are real anime since they're Japanese cartoons. I guess it mostly comes down to the fact that:
1. They're generally aimed at younger audiences
2.theyre not really presented as “anime" in the west, being dubbed and airing in the same channels as Western cartoons. When I was young, I didn't know what anime was, so Pokemon was just a cartoon to me.
That's just my opinion on it though

Kenichi the mightiest disciple was the first non-mainstream I ever watched. As for the first one in general it was Bakugan

Enzai I think, or Eiken, Or Ikki Tousen, or Elfen Lied, or Chobits

It's funny because I first started watching anime in like 2010-2011 and 2000's junk didn't seem so far away and old at the time.

had to be either pokemon or naruto/dragonball from toonami

I watched Dragon ball z when I was 8, I also watched yu-gi-oh and digimon a little after but dragon ball was definatly first.
i don't watch it, although i should prob start. My roommate next year is this international korean kid, might be an incel based on the photos. Any recommendations so that i can click with him?
I didnt even know anime was big in Korea

DBZ or Naruto on TV. But the first actual anime was Lucky Star.

Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Digimon, Yugioh, Tenchi Muyo.

Favourites of all time. Gundam Seed series and Code Geass.

Favourable mentions other Death Note and majority other shonen animes.

Dragon ball and one piece.

DRAGON BALL ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

before i even knew what anime was? yugioh unt shite on kids wb like pokemon. my first real experience with something i consciously realized was different from western animation was howl's moving castle, spirited away and the first bleach movie, though.

Pokemon, followed by Dokuro-chan 11 years later.

Dragon Ball which got cancelled pretty quickly in the US.

Technically Pokemon, but the first real anime that I watched was Metropolis (2001)

Pokemon would technically be my first anime. But an actual anime with a Japanese opening song and all that, it would be Gundam Wing.

The Original Dragonball , a dub though in my language not even in English.

Naruto and death note simultaneously.

Pokemon and Ulysses 31 when I was a kid, Kino no Tabi as an adult.

First one was probably Bleach. Loved the first arc, but from there it went downhill with all the fillers and bs arcs.

I saw snippets of dragon ball, naruto, and fullmetal alchemist when I was younger, but the first anime I actually watched was I believe attack on titan