Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What is it with normies and music-quality always being "relative"?

Ridgid

Ridgid

Banned
-
First post here btw. "Fucking mayce-yeah yeah, give me a break. I've been lurking and posting under several short-lived profiles since the r/incels days back in 2016. Excuse me if I don't have the habit of keeping up with my incel accounts.

Anyway, I noticed that a small yet prevalent (and fucking annoying) normiesm that doesn't get talked about enough is just how disingenuous the norman ability to recognize artistic virtue is, specially when it comes to music. The mere thought of X song/artist/genre having more artistic value than Y song/artist/genre seems to be completely lost on them. Normies will act oddly defensive if you suggest that say Childish Gambino has much more in terms of lyrical content and style than fucking Lil Pump, or that progressive rock has a richer and more interesting use of instrumentation than your generic SoundCloud indie band, giving you shit like "that's just a matter of preference bro", "it's relative bro", "you're being a music elitist bro".

Why can't normies accept that some art is just plain better than other art?

facepalm.jpg