Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News What is Doki Doki Literature Club and was it linked to boy’s suicide?

SandNiggerKANG

SandNiggerKANG

brain damaged from kikepills
★★★★★
Father of the dead teenager says animated interactive psychological horror game ‘dragged him in’

Doki Doki Literature Club

The game features young girls and a boy
(Image credit: Team Salvato)

BY THE WEEK STAFF
PUBLISHED JUNE 27, 2018
ININ DEPTH

The father of a 15-year-old boy who committed suicide has warned about the psychological impact of the online game Doki Doki Literature Club.

Police and a coroner have also urged parents to be vigilant amid growing concerns about the free-to-play game, which officials describe as a “risk to children and young people”, says the Manchester Evening News.

The game was released last September by producers Team Salvato and is believed to have been downloaded more than two million times in the following four months alone.

What is Doki Doki Literature Club?
Doki Doki Literature Club is an online game that warns that it is “not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed”, although “its aesthetic could appeal to youngsters, as it displays cute characters and its premise is based on a writing club”, says the i news website.

Described as a “visual novel”, the story follows a male high-school student who joins a school’s literature club and interacts with its four female members.
Players read the game’s story and are then prompted to create their own endings. Darren Walmsley, whose son Ben killed himself in February after playing the game, believes this feature played a part in his son’s death.

It “starts as a dating simulation before one of the girls dies”, reports The Times. Other unsettling events then take place, “including characters who self-harm or kill themselves”, adds the paper.

“Characters suggest things and you decide what to do. It drags you in and they make it very real. Ben did not speak about it, but parents need to be aware of this game and other similar games,” said Walmsley, from Bury.

“It is free to download but once you get into it, it will not leave you alone. The characters befriend and love you and give you tasks to do but if you do not do them, they turn nasty.”

A review of the game by tech website Polygonlast year, described it as “uncontrollably horrific”, praising the game’s metafiction narrative as an “innnovative scare”. The review concludes: “Team Salvato has unearthed a new way of terrifying us by ripping apart our expectations of how interactive media should work. Doki Doki Literature Club is a game that played me, and somehow, I’m content to let it take control.”

Is it linked to suicide?
Although there is no evidence to suggest the game is directly linked to Ben Walmsley’s death, schools and councils have been alerted by the Manchester Coroner’s Office, which is investigating his death. Awareness messages are also being shared on Facebook.

The warning, signed by the senior coroner for North Manchester, says: “I believe the information is so concerning that this warrants my writing at this stage to make the local authorities aware of the issue so appropriate information can be disseminated.

what a dumb article

and these are the same retards who write about us

I want to fuck all the doki doki girls

I hate the retarded fucks who waste their time and ours with these stupid articles.

This is what happens when schizos consume metafictional works and get filtered

I hate the retarded fucks who waste their time and ours with these stupid articles
They’re telling people to be scared of some quirked up visual novel made by a westooner

This is what happens when schizos consume metafictional works and get filtered
Fr. I can kind of feel for him tbh. He was probably some depressed inkie and this VN gave him a taste of what it was like to have grils care about you and love you etc. he probably knew it would never be like this in real life. That’s the pain of being too attached to fiction. Fiction > anything tbh.

Fr. I can kind of feel for him tbh. He was probably some depressed inkie and this VN gave him a taste of what it was like to have grils care about you and love you etc. he probably knew it would never be like this in real life. That’s the pain of being too attached to fiction. Fiction > anything tbh.
He was just a few years off from the vtuber fad being mainstream too. If he waited a few years longer, he could've paid money to get acknowledged by model rigs of anime waifus.

imagine killing yourself over an overrated epic meme w*stern visual novel

The way they described the game reminded me of the book Erebos, which we once had to read in school

Also im feeling like a pussy because a 15 year old boy has more balls to end his life than i do

imagine killing yourself over an overrated epic meme w*stern visual novel
kekfuel but if he was incel and had problems like bullying, shit family etc. I would feel for him tbh.

Also im feeling like a pussy because a 15 year old boy has more balls to end his life than i do
Was thinking the same tbh. Low inhib mogs tbh or Maybe he just had easy means to do so

The way they described the game reminded me of the book Erebos, which we once had to read in school
It’s a German book apparently yeah I read about it just now it sounds similar. Apparently the movie adaptation was utter dogshit what do you think

It’s a German book apparently yeah I read about it just now it sounds similar. Apparently the movie adaptation was utter dogshit what do you think
I just looked up and apparently there is no movie adaptation, at least not yet

I just looked up and apparently there is no movie adaptation, at least not yet
There’s only the trailer then but that’s fanmade i got fooled then