Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill What I can remember from PuaHate.com (the birthplace of the Blackpill)

Nordicel94

Nordicel94

Pancake-faced viking-cel
It all started when I got into bodybuilding in order to try to get buff and get girls. I was bluepilled as hell when I started. I found a site called Bodybuilding.com and became a member. For the first time I was exposed to redpill content and it resonated with me. I aspired to become as big as Zyzz. Some time in 2013, when I was 19, someone posted a link to PuaHate.com.
What happens when an online pickup artist fails 1 1611 1336060258 3 big

I didn't really understand the site. It seemed to be comprised of users who were disillusioned with the Pick Up Artist-communities. These guys had paid money to learn these bullshit courses from gurus in the 00's with no success. Everyone was kind of merging on the same natural conclusion: It's all about LOOKS!

I signed up mostly for fun, I was too young to be jaded by pick up artist scams, but the community provided insights I had never seen before. I saw new words forming like looksmaxxing, Chad, Betabuxx and the suffix -cel being made productive (gymcel, neetcel, claviclecel). I remember laughing out loud at someone calling manlets "offtotheminecels".

PuaHate was like the Wild West compared to Incels.is. We basically know everything today, we have libraries and wikis of blackpill knowledge. These guys were the OG scribes and theories were all over the place. No one got "water" replies (lol) because everything was new, what didn't stick was gotten rid of, what did stick still lives on in the annals of the Blackpill. It was basically a lab and the members were mad scientists.

Another difference was that the forum was "seasonal". It would have themes for a few months then cycle into something new, probably because of how quickly the Blackpill was being formulated. I have only remembered two seasons.

1. Male model season

For a while, the forum was obsessed with male models. This would probably be seen as Chadworship or gay today, but I believe it was a necessary step to identify and solidify LooksTheory. "Mewing" came from this forum and the most popular male models were Sean O'pry and Chico Lachowski (they were actually in their prime then).
MV5BMTQyNjYxNDEyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU0MDY1NDE V1 FMjpg UX1000

9ab785741956fd2d0cecb2a416cc0d94

Members would obsessively analyze their faces and create all the material you can now read about FHWR/gonial angles, hunter eyes (actually coined on the website).

2. ER Season

In late 2013, a certain someone showed up:
Download 3

He immediately stood out because he was the only member to show his face. He would upload videos of him standing in front of his car and ranting about not getting a girlfriend and seeing couples everywhere and being depressed. We all thought he was a bit of a kook. I remember users saying that he should be able to get girls based on his cars alone and that his looks weren't that bad. Personally I didn't interact with him much, I wrote in a few of his threads and he replied. I never got the sense of him being angry, more in wistful despair. So when I saw the news, I couldn't believe it, it was such a coincidence. I remember wanting to tell my parents that I had actually written with him, but of course I couldn't tell them that I was on a hateful website.

After the Supreme Gentleman did his deed and PuaHate was immediately shut down, blackpillers wandered in the desert, there was SlutHate.com for a while, then it started leaking onto Reddit and snowballing in popularity, now it's basically TikTok-mainstream. I took a hiatus for a while but always followed the movement from afar, then I signed up here in 2022 and got more active again.

So that's that, it's over 10 years ago so it's only a fragmented memory (and if you don't believe I was on the site there's no way I can prove it since it has been wiped). Statistically though, it is likely that users around 30 on here would have been on the site at some point because that was the pipeline in the early 10's. Were you on the site?

The artful seducer

Forgot to add the picture I saved to illustrate what these PUAs would look like. They would basically Peacock-Maxx and cold approach. This was the most popular one, Mystery.

press x to doubt
Doubting that he was the only one to show his face or that we had an interaction?

If the latter, imagine a boomer telling you that he ran into Charles Manson in California in the 60's before his rampage. Would you believe him? I would. It's not really far fetched at all. It's being at the right (or wrong) place at the right time.