Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What feelings does this image evoke you?

Asgard

Asgard

bgie-gov.net
★★★★★

The impending irrelevance of human achievement in the face of AI

"The root of corruption"

The impending irrelevance of human achievement in the face of AI
You (and most people in this forum) can't even draw, either way. IMO, there shouldn't be any (cognitive) limitations when humans desire to express their emotions and ideas through "art".

You (and most people in this forum) can't even draw, either way. IMO, there shouldn't be any (cognitive) limitations when humans desire to express their emotions and ideas through "art".
But soon every human artistic and intellectual achievement will be made irrelevant by what AI can do. It will take less effort to generate a book than to read a book and in probably less than 20 years AI models will be as good as any human.
Instead of robots doing physical labor and humans devoting themselves to intellectual pursuits, it will be the other way around.

a feeling of relieve when I notive AI still struggles to get fingers right

Instead of robots doing physical labor
All immigrants get the blue-collar jobs. I can't find any. Of course, I'm from Southern Europe and the situation might be overly different in the US.

But soon every human artistic and intellectual achievement will be made irrelevant by what AI can do. It will take less effort to generate a book than to read a book and in probably less than 20 years AI models will be as good as any human.
Instead of robots doing physical labor and humans devoting themselves to intellectual pursuits, it will be the other way around.
why would you leave humans to do physical labor, they consume more energy, make more mistakes, sleep need to sleep and rest and cost more, need decades to be educated and nurtured,

All immigrants get the blue-collar jobs. I can't find any. Of course, I'm from Southern Europe and the situation might be overly different in the US.
Prostitutes will be the highest paid human workers.

why would you leave humans to do physical labor, they consume more energy, make more mistakes, sleep need to sleep and rest and cost more, need decades to be educated and nurtured,
Simply because it'll take longer for materials science and mechanical engineering to catch up to AI models. Like if you need a new toiled bowl installed by a robot, so many advances by many fields and industries are needed. For decades to come it will be cheaper to train a human than to come up with a robot that can do that kind of handy work.
But if your product is words or computer code, in only 10 years even the best humans will be outclassed.

Simply because it'll take longer for materials science and mechanical engineering to catch up to AI models. Like if you need a new toiled bowl installed by a robot, so many advances by many fields and industries are needed. For decades to come it will be cheaper to train a human than to come up with a robot that can do that kind of handy work.
But if your product is words or computer code, in only 10 years even the best humans will be outclassed.
Yeah, robotics will take a bit to get figured out, but that's only a few decades at most in delay between becoming irrelevant in the intellectual domain and irrelevant in the physical domain. And if at any point on that trajectory an intelligence explosion happens the entire thing may become even more hopeless even faster.

I've counted five fingers in both hands.
Yeah, but the thumb on the right hand is abnormally long and weird looking.