Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What equipment do I need for a home gym that would be as good as a regular gym, and how much would it cost?

Deleted member 101

Deleted member 101

I just wanna be loved, but don’t think I’m worthy
-
I wanna get back on track to losing weight and getting fit as I have definitely slacked off ever since COVID has stopped me from meeting my personal trainer the 2-3x a week I was seeing him before. I also would prefer a home gym because I would be more comfortable lifting at home rather than getting in my car and going to a gym, possibly due to my social anxiety and insecurity. I also feel like I’d be much more motivated to lift more often if the equipment is all right by me. It has gotten more difficult to see my personal trainer because I moved to a new place last winter and am now rather far away. And I went to a PT regularly in the first place rather than a regular gym because his gym was much smaller and I also have a very good relationship with the guy. Problem is that he’s very expensive and I couldn’t afford to see him the 5-6 times a week I ideally would have.

Anyway would like some guidance here since I really do wanna see if I can ascend and find a girl by getting ripped. I know it’s no guarantee since gymcels still aren’t attractive due to their faces still not being hot despite low body fat but at nearly 25 I feel like I’m running out of time.

I know I’d like a power rack with bar and plates, a bench, a lat pull down machine, and dumbbells but what else do I need? This might be quite expensive but I really would need only one of any kind of machine or weights.

I have recently bought a stationary bike (approximately 120 USD) that I use almost every day.
I also ordered a couple of 15 kg dumbbels (around 45 USD), but they will only arrive on Monday.

These are the things I will work with at home.
Plus I'm doing exercises that are meant to strengthen abdominal muscles, but they don't require special equipments.

I wouldn't know

I wouldn't know
A908CC94 ACC6 4688 B6EC 1B1B5735EF81

I wanna get back on track to losing weight
Calorie deficit bro
meeting my personal trainer the 2-3x a week I was seeing him before.
:feelswhat::feelswhat:
Why do people waste their money on personal trainers when everything is free on the internet? It's 2021 ffs dude. But if it helps you sure
I also would prefer a home gym because I would be more comfortable lifting at home rather than getting in my car and going to a gym, possibly due to my social anxiety and insecurity. I also feel like I’d be much more motivated to lift more often if the equipment is all right by me.
Same. I feel the same but then I'm pretty sure I'll be lazy and slack off, probably under/over train and waste half of the time resting way too much. Going to the gym feels much better because I don't have all day and I'm get my workouts finished in an hour.
I also have a very good relationship with the guy.
Mogs me at having relationships with people
Problem is that he’s very expensive and I couldn’t afford to see him the 5-6 times a week I ideally would have.
Ideally you shouldn't even be seeing him in the first place lol
Anyway would like some guidance here since I really do wanna see if I can ascend and find a girl by getting ripped.
Same bro. I also want to be shredded but not because of girls mainly because I have fatphobia and I really want a peeled and chiseled body to statisfy my inner narcissism
I know it’s no guarantee since gymcels still aren’t attractive due to their faces still not being hot despite low body fat but at nearly 25 I feel like I’m running out of time.
You either looksmax/lifemax or you die trying tbh
I know I’d like a power rack with bar and plates, a bench, a lat pull down machine, and dumbbells but what else do I need? This might be quite expensive but I really would need only one of any kind of machine or weights.
You just need a barbell, plates, dumbells, pull up and dips bar tbh.

Barbell Curls for biceps :yes:

Overhead barbell extension and dips for triceps:yes:

Adjustable Bench for bench press, dips for chest :yes:

Overhead press and side raises for shoulders :yes:

Pull-ups and barbell rows for back :yes:

Wide stance squats for glutes and hams and close for quads :yes:

Neck curls with plates on a bench :yes:

Tldr:

All you need is

Plates, Barbell, a bench, pull up bar and a dip bar. That's it. You don't even need dumbells but you can get some just in case you want to incorporate some dumbell presses for chest.