Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What do you think of "self-improvement" books?

edger0uter

edger0uter

New Chains, Same Shackles
★★★★★
I'm talking about books like Micro Habits, The 48 Laws of Power, and Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

Personally, I feel like a person who is truly successful would not waste their time writing books. Not only is it boring and time-consuming, but if everyone was successful, no one would be successful. Everyone would be average. Let's say someone has a 100% guaranteed working method to become successful, why share it with everyone and not just close people?

I think those books are just a money grab. They wanna profit from losers trying to cope their way out of their miserable life. What do you think?

Bluepilled bullshit.

Honestly, I am considering getting The 48 Laws of Power. I am interested in learning how to manipulate people, especially women. Not sure if this book will actually teach me to do that though, but I've seen women give it a negative review, calling it "toxic" and "manipulative", so...

Honestly, I am considering getting The 48 Laws of Power. I am interested in learning how to manipulate people, especially women. Not sure if this book will actually teach me to do that though, but I've seen women give it a negative review, calling it "toxic" and "manipulative", so...

Reminds me of the Shogun method “mentally enslave any woman”

Normies run into those collective action problems. Like say one normie figures out he can work 12 hours a day to 'get ahead'. Then all the normies step up their game to working 12 hours a day, and they are back to equal. That is why they had to put in overtime laws and maximum work week laws to stop normies from doing that.

if they call it out as manipulative doesn't that mean they didn't get manipulated by it? Perhaps you should look at stuff they found helpful

if they call it out as manipulative doesn't that mean they didn't get manipulated by it? Perhaps you should look at stuff they found helpful
Not that bad of an idea

I read atomic habits and how to make friends or whatever is called. They didnt work.

I'm talking about books like Micro Habits, The 48 Laws of Power, and Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

Personally, I feel like a person who is truly successful would not waste their time writing books. Not only is it boring and time-consuming, but if everyone was successful, no one would be successful. Everyone would be average. Let's say someone has a 100% guaranteed working method to become successful, why share it with everyone and not just close people?

I think those books are just a money grab. They wanna profit from losers trying to cope their way out of their miserable life. What do you think?
Read all that shit and did most of it

It will help you moneymaxx, gymmax etc but not with women

women follow a different set of rules, looks and height are all that matter

so those are the only 2 things worth improving, if you wish to ascend

i used to be into jocko and david goggins

jocko was more helpful (higher IQ) but goggins is retarded and giga bluepilled

David goggins is also a tall tyrone mogger

they're cope, GrAY.

over

Garbage a complete waste of time read philosophy it will at least give you a better concept and a much more intellectual take on life

I tried reading "how to influence people and make friends" or something like that. It was very boring and also all the examples were from the 1930s (or even earlier) so it felt pretty useless, didn't finish it.