Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What do you think about journals?

edger0uter

edger0uter

New Chains, Same Shackles
★★★★★
As most of you probably know, ER had a journal. The journal is publicly accessible here and here, and there is also a diary of a wimpy kid parody of it available. Back when I was younger and still had hope left, I was watching quite a lot of self-improvement YouTubers such as teachingmensfashion (I sometimes watch them today as well, when I get the sudden urge to "fix my life", only to then give up shortly after) and one of the things TMF specifically said is that journaling does good for your mental well-being. That didn't sound like too bad of an idea (although it didn't seem to help much in the case of ER), so I decided that I too would start a journal. However, I never did. Even after buying a whole MacBook, in an attempt to motivate myself to do it and to give me the ability to write my entries from the comfort of my bed, I never actually started doing it. Until today.

Yesterday, I went outside to buy a classic journal. Why I didn't just use the MacBook I had already bought is because having to charge it regularly would probably just demotivate me, and being able to do literally anything else on this thing would likely just lead to me getting distracted and not using it for what I intended. Additionally, reading ER's journal (at least the Diary of a Supreme Gentleman version mentioned earlier) motivated me to do it the old-fashioned way even further. After coming home, eating and then falling asleep because going outside in this heat, as a fatcel, made me feel exhausted, I took the journal, opened it up and just went for it.

I ended up writing a total of 11.5 pages. I sat down for hours and did nothing else besides writing. I did turn on some video in the background but other than that I was not distracted, which is very weird to me as my attention span and motivation is usually very short-lived.

So, do I actually feel better now, like TMF suggested I would? Probably not. I don't think I'd feel any different now if I hadn't written anything but, at the very least, if I ever decide to off myself, if I ever die of natural causes (heart attack or possible future diabetes), or if I ever go ER (unlikely because I am procrastinating getting my driver's license and I don't have access to firearms) people will be able to read it and can at least attempt to understand what it is like to be me.

This quote by EmpLemon seems most fitting when it comes to the question of why journals are useful or important:
If we all knew what he knew, his actions would make perfect sense

But what do you guys think? Should we as incels document our thoughts and experiences like ER did?

Sidenote: Judging by how long my posts usually are and by the fact that two separate people told me that I am pretty good at writing, I suppose writing is a hobby or at least something I somewhat enjoy. What a fucking nerd I am.

I dont have one since I dont want my mom to see it

I own a mfn auto-jerking-off device, so my parents finding my journal is the least of my concerns. :feelskek:

Diary of a Wimpy Kid ER? time to read!

I kept a diary when I was a student, but I don't keep one now. Because every time I write down my current shitty reality, I feel pain, and most of all, it's because of my laziness.

I use to write them, no need to since .IS is basically my journal

I write about a composition book a month. Writing is thinking.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid ER? time to read!
I think I wouldn't have read his diary if it wasn't for this. I honestly don't know how you guys have the patience to read my long ass posts. I'm not sure if I would read them if I didn't make them myself :feelskek:

too many suicidal thoughts written down, so i threw mine in the garbage, she gifted that journal to me for my birthday too, absolute ropefuel when i did that :cryfeels:

I use to write them, no need to since .IS is basically my journal
There are certain things I wouldn't be able to write in this much detail on here. But I get what you mean - I should probably share the story I wrote down on here too.

too many suicidal thoughts written down, so i threw mine in the garbage, she gifted that journal to me for my birthday too, absolute ropefuel when i did that :cryfeels:
Man, that is really tough. :feelsrope:

Practice and refine your writing skills so they don't go to waste. It's better than rotting completely.

Last edited:
couldn’t be arsed to write them + my hand writing is so shitty even i have difficulty reading it sometimes

I kept a diary when I was a student, but I don't keep one now. Because every time I write down my current shitty reality, I feel pain, and most of all, it's because of my laziness.
It is very unrealistic, and my hopes aren't that high, but I still kind of hope to one day read this when my life is better. Again, realistically this will not happen, but still.

"I can't believe I used to think that way! Man, how grateful I am to be rich and have a beautiful wife and have a perfect body" :soy:
Intentional Radiohead reference, btw.

couldn’t be arsed to write them + my hand writing is so shitty even i have difficulty reading it sometimes
Mine is pretty shit too, as it's been a while sine I wrote something down using my hand. We live in the future now :feelsLSD:

Incredible investment. Pair that with a VR headset, and you're as close to living life as a Chad as you'll ever be. Anything you're into, be it feet or fat foids, is possible, and you will not be shamed for it. Unless, of course, that's what you're into :feelsohh:

It is very unrealistic, and my hopes aren't that high, but I still kind of hope to one day read this when my life is better. Again, realistically this will not happen, but still.

"I can't believe I used to think that way! Man, how grateful I am to be rich and have a beautiful wife and have a perfect body" :soy:
Intentional Radiohead reference, btw.
We all hope so. Actually, I don't think there are many people who are truly blackpilled. We all have a glimmer of hope. Or committed suicide.

As most of you probably know, ER had a journal. The journal is publicly accessible here and here, and there is also a diary of a wimpy kid parody of it available. Back when I was younger and still had hope left, I was watching quite a lot of self-improvement YouTubers such as teachingmensfashion (I sometimes watch them today as well, when I get the sudden urge to "fix my life", only to then give up shortly after) and one of the things TMF specifically said is that journaling does good for your mental well-being. That didn't sound like too bad of an idea (although it didn't seem to help much in the case of ER), so I decided that I too would start a journal. However, I never did. Even after buying a whole MacBook, in an attempt to motivate myself to do it and to give me the ability to write my entries from the comfort of my bed, I never actually started doing it. Until today.

Yesterday, I went outside to buy a classic journal. Why I didn't just use the MacBook I had already bought is because having to charge it regularly would probably just demotivate me, and being able to do literally anything else on this thing would likely just lead to me getting distracted and not using it for what I intended. Additionally, reading ER's journal (at least the Diary of a Supreme Gentleman version mentioned earlier) motivated me to do it the old-fashioned way even further. After coming home, eating and then falling asleep because going outside in this heat, as a fatcel, made me feel exhausted, I took the journal, opened it up and just went for it.

I ended up writing a total of 11.5 pages. I sat down for hours and did nothing else besides writing. I did turn on some video in the background but other than that I was not distracted, which is very weird to me as my attention span and motivation is usually very short-lived.

So, do I actually feel better now, like TMF suggested I would? Probably not. I don't think I'd feel any different now if I hadn't written anything but, at the very least, if I ever decide to off myself, if I ever die of natural causes (heart attack or possible future diabetes), or if I ever go ER (unlikely because I am procrastinating getting my driver's license and I don't have access to firearms) people will be able to read it and can at least attempt to understand what it is like to be me.

This quote by EmpLemon seems most fitting when it comes to the question of why journals are useful or important:

But what do you guys think? Should we as incels document our thoughts and experiences like ER did?

Sidenote: Judging by how long my posts usually are and by the fact that two separate people told me that I am pretty good at writing, I suppose writing is a hobby or at least something I somewhat enjoy. What a fucking nerd I am.
Ive been journaling just for the sake of my mental well being for almost 3 years now. Over 1600 entries on my online journal

Introspection is a great tool for the sensitive mind and you learn alot avout your behavior and your experience when you “dump” your mind out onto text.

That being said I want privacy, i’m in the middle of building my own fullstack react.js journal, that will run on a server in my house. So I can journal in privacy and delete all records when someone unwanted takes over.

Incredible investment. Pair that with a VR headset, and you're as close to living life as a Chad as you'll ever be. Anything you're into, be it feet or fat foids, is possible, and you will not be shamed for it. Unless, of course, that's what you're into :feelsohh:
Gonna have to try it when I move out

Ive been journaling just for the sake of my mental well being for almost 3 years now. Over 1600 entries on my online journal

Introspection is a great tool for the sensitive mind and you learn alot avout your behavior and your experience when you “dump” your mind out onto text.

That being said I want privacy, i’m in the middle of building my own fullstack react.js journal, that will run on a server in my house. So I can journal in privacy and delete all records when someone unwanted takes over.
I don't know if an entire self-made full-stack web-application is necessary. I'm sure someone else already made something of this sort, but if you like coding, I'm sure it'll be a fun project.

Gonna have to try it when I move out
I, too, can't wait until I move out. The amount of stupid stuff I'm going to do, just because I can... Shitting with the door open, walking around fully naked, smoking weed, getting auto-jerk-offed wherever I want...

Amazing times ahead. All that's missing is a kitchen, a bed, and all of my stuff that is still at my parent's place.

I, too, can't wait until I move out. The amount of stupid stuff I'm going to do, just because I can... Shitting with the door open, walking around fully naked, smoking weed, getting auto-jerk-offed wherever I want...

Amazing times ahead. All that's missing is a kitchen, a bed, and all of my stuff that is still at my parent's place.
Cant fucking wait man

St. Elliot's journal was based

but personally idc abt keeping a journal, if something is interesting I'll remember it

I don't know if an entire self-made full-stack web-application is necessary. I'm sure someone else already made something of this sort, but if you like coding, I'm sure it'll be a fun project.
there are a few that are really good, but they're all cloud-based, meaning someone else's computer has my shit on it. I couldn't find one that was like an exe that just runs on my computer. The best I found was notion/obsidian