Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill What do you do to find purpose in life?

赤い太陽

赤い太陽

Recruit
★★★★
But, as you well know, appearances can be deceiving, which brings me back to the reason why we're here. We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There is no escaping reason; no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist.

It is purpose that created us.
Purpose that connects us.
Purpose that pulls us.
That guides us.
That drives us.
It is purpose that defines us.
Purpose that binds us.
We are here because of you, Mr Anderson. We're here to take from you what you tried to take from us. Purpose.

- Smith, The Matrix Reloaded (2003)

I recently read a post, uploaded by RageAgainstTDL, where he discusses MGTOW.

The first time I found the MGTOW community was in 2016, long before I knew what an "incel" was, and before I admitted to myself that I was one. In any case, one of the main talking points of that community is the concept of internal validation; not looking to women or society for a sense of intrinsic validation.

It was empowering at first, but then I noticed numerous videos posted by influential by MGTOW, such as Stardusk (Thinking Ape), and Spetsnaz, a psychotherapist from Auckland, New Zealand. Apparently, in lieu of all the chest-beating, some honest MGTOW's lamented to the aforementioned content makers in private that they had lost a sense of motivation after taking the so-called red pill. Some had walked away from lucrative jobs, ended relationships, and give up educational pursuits because they realized, in the interim, that the only reasons they had said pursuits was to elevate their social - and therefore sexual - status. To be aware that you're dreaming will cause you to wake, and so many of these men found themselves without a sense of purpose.

In fact, one of Stardusk's contemporaries - who he had once described as his best friend - had killed himself over a sense of hopelessness. He was raised in a Christian Fundamentalist household, but later became an atheist, but could not cope with the feeling of what Lovecraft described as "cosmic horror", the fear of an indifferent universe.

To quote The Dark Knight Returns, "I see a reflection..."

I recently abandoned my goal of studying Norwegian and Danish. My original goal was to follow in Stardusk's footsteps tentatively, with hopes of achieving a polyglot status and translate my favorite authors, who's majority of writings would be unavailable to me due to the language barrier. Lesya Ukrainka, the Ukranian poet and playwright was further down on my list, but I wanted to learn Norsk and Danish to translate the works of my favorite philosopher, Peter Wessel Zapffe (1899-1990). Second on my list was the late Herman Tønnessen, who's essay "Happiness Is For the Pigs" moved me greatly into the philosophical direction I'm in now.

The advantages of Norwegian - and nearly all Scandinavian languages, save Finnish - is the overwhelming mutual intelligibility with English, and Danish (Zapffe used many Danish loan words in his writings, since the Danes ruled Norway from 1537-1814. However, I've since lost motivation, and I've decided to abandon the project.

I look around at the world, and it all just seems meaningless to engage in. When I was younger, I went through that phase of wanting to change the world. I dabbled in political ideas, lending an ear to every talking head with a so-called "great idea" on how to make society better, but all they were is just a shill for whatever mainstream party they want to convince others to vote for. Case in point, I just see society's rise and fall as a cyclical process that is beyond man's ability to control or prevent. Nor do I pretend that human beings have said control, and I've accepted that life is just a set of biological reactions that human beings are fortunate enough to be cognizant of, but unable to take direct action onto.

And so, nowadays, I just go through the motions: work, going back home, and not doing much in between. I have a very low IQ, and I have no discernible talents or aptitudes. Many people grow up realizing they have a certain gift in a certain area, but I never found such a gift or talent. Most of the projects I've undergone ended up in either failure, or I just didn't have the ability to see them through. Thus, I've wrestled with this sense of having no real sense of direction, like the crew in Cowboy Bebop.
Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Maybe this is just me looking for yet another cope, trying to justify my own existence to myself (making myself useful until my permanent annihilation, so to speak). I remember a quote by @MayorOfKekville, the guy who inspired me to join this forum, said "It's either cope or the rope". I don't know if he coined that term, or if it's an Incel axiom, but I think that's what I'm really looking for in the grand scheme of things. I plan on reading a book called "Man's Search for Meaning", written by Holocaust Survivor Viktor Frankl. I don't expect it to be of any use, but maybe it will point me in the right direction. Then again, the secret to happiness is low expectations, so maybe not...

“If life — the craving for which is the very essence of our being — were possessed of any positive intrinsic value, there would be no such thing as boredom at all: mere existence would satisfy us in itself, and we should want for nothing.”

So all that said, where do you find your sense of purpose? Or how would you go about finding one?

Everyone has a purpose set by themselves, but eventually it should all be for good.
Be a scientist to benefit humanity to make God happy.
Be a musician to make people happy and God will love you.
YOU SET YOUR OWN PURPOSE
SAYING THAT REPRODUCTION IS OUR PURPOSE IS COPE
OP high IQ

"where do you find your sense of purpose? Or how would you go about finding one?"

The simple answer is that I don't. I have my own goals but they are for my personal pleasure and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's kind of an ironic purpose that I acknowledge as one. Reality itself is absurd and I am not trying to derive meaning out of it or trying to be something that I am not. I have to look in the mirror and accept what I see.

Start learning a language if you so desire. You don't need to be smart to do that. Just immerse yourself in the language as much as you can.

High IQ post.
So all that said, where do you find your sense of purpose? Or how would you go about finding one?
I don't have any purpose, if I had one in the past it's certainly gone now, and I think our existence at large is a mistake. In fact the only reason I'm still alive is due to my immediate family, I'd probably end up dying if they weren't around. Either from suicide or just due to my own utter negligence of myself.

Routinely I find myself questioning why my mother wanted to have a child(my father was against it). As I look back on my life it just all seems completely fruitless, and it's as if I struggle with the most basic aspects of existing in the modern world. Not only that, but I have no reason to continue my existence aside from simple fear. While I wish I knew how to get out of this psychological and financial state which I'm in, I truly have no idea how.

I live for the thought of dead foids and their parents crying over their corpse.
That'd be sweet justice.
I'm an obsessive person.

"where do you find your sense of purpose? Or how would you go about finding one?"

The simple answer is that I don't. I have my own goals but they are for my personal pleasure and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's kind of an ironic purpose that I acknowledge as one. Reality itself is absurd and I am not trying to derive meaning out of it or trying to be something that I am not. I have to look in the mirror and accept what I see.

Start learning a language if you so desire. You don't need to be smart to do that. Just immerse yourself in the language as much as you can.
I appreciate the comment. I don't assign value to the grand scheme of things, but just finding something I enjoy to pass the time has been a bit difficult.

I walked away from language learning because I lost motivation, and most of Zapffe's philosophical ideas are slightly outdated.

Very uplifting comment regardless, so thank you.
I live for the thought of dead foids and their parents crying over their corpse.
That'd be sweet justice.
I'm an obsessive person.
Whatever floats your boat.

But I don't want to spend the rest of my life dwelling on women. They don't lose sleep over me, so I don't want to lose sleep over them.
Everyone has a purpose set by themselves, but eventually it should all be for good.
YOU SET YOUR OWN PURPOSE
OP high IQ

That's actually a cool thing you've said, but I wish I knew what my talent was, or even my aptitudes, assuming I actually have one...

Sadly, I'm not religious, but I can respect that religious people have a sense of purpose.

Last edited:
I feel like religious people are much more likely to find a "purpose" in life, because they think that there's a life after this one.
Someone like myself that refuses to believe a God could make a world such as this and still be considered a loving being has trouble finding purpose. Maybe religion's the answer, maybe I'm coping. I don't know.

I feel like religious people are much more likely to find a "purpose" in life, because they think that there's a life after this one.
Someone like myself that refuses to believe a God could make a world such as this and still be considered a loving being has trouble finding purpose. Maybe religion's the answer, maybe I'm coping. I don't know.

I understand. Maybe there isn't a purpose after all. However, I just wish that I had something motivated me to get out of this rut.
Each day, it feels even more pointless. Much like the myth if Sisyphus.

sleeping 11 hours a day and ldaring

YOU SET YOUR OWN PURPOSE
OP high IQ
Reminds me of open sandbox games like GTA. So much freedom to do whatever I wanted. Eventually I grew bored and threw my character off the highest sky scraper and never played it again.

Thanks for the shout-out, dude.

This is the fundamental question for all sub-8 men. what is the point of life? We’re the ones who don’t exist for the proper, “natural” reasons - to reproduce. These days, if you’re sub-5, you can’t even betacuck (be a provider-protector). So wtf are we here for? Is happiness ever achievable? All philosophers in history were sub-8 men: often they were full-blown sub-5 Incels. They all wrote extensively on this subject, in particular Schopenhauer, Camus, and Nietzsche. I’ve been reading a lot about Buddhism recently, as it concentrates specifically on this topic & eliminating suffering.

My favourite copes are reading, movie watching, music (play piano), exercise, cycling in the countryside.

Last edited:
I do nothing.
Cause it's over.

We can't do anything to find a non-existing purpose. However we can delude ourselves to pretend we do things for a meaningful purpose. This need that urges us to find a meaning in life is I think a weakness. It tortured me when I was a child, but now I understand that we must be "childish" (as Nietzsche understands it) in order to free ourselves of the biggest illusory thought of adulthood, according to which we need a purpose to live well.

My only purpose in life is become the best artist (my shit gene pool allows me to). Thats why I keep practicing and studying music and instruments, drawing and writing. I just have no other goals in life, and I know I wont be getting a partner.

Gymcelling is like just a complement. I dont know how some people make it the center of their lives because I think its just a complement (unless you are an athlete but they dont really gymcel as a main thing either)

I was born unattractive and not rich, I have no purpose.

I try to not to think about things too much (like my purpose) as a blackpilled person as it can suck away your motivation entirely.

I merely try to think that life doesn't really matter in a universal sense and that it's probably my only one so why not try to enjoy it?

Everything is a cope in the grand scheme of things.

I recently read a post, uploaded by RageAgainstTDL, where he discusses MGTOW.

The first time I found the MGTOW community was in 2016, long before I knew what an "incel" was, and before I admitted to myself that I was one. In any case, one of the main talking points of that community is the concept of internal validation; not looking to women or society for a sense of intrinsic validation.

It was empowering at first, but then I noticed numerous videos posted by influential by MGTOW, such as Stardusk (Thinking Ape), and Spetsnaz, a psychotherapist from Auckland, New Zealand. Apparently, in lieu of all the chest-beating, some honest MGTOW's lamented to the aforementioned content makers in private that they had lost a sense of motivation after taking the so-called red pill. Some had walked away from lucrative jobs, ended relationships, and give up educational pursuits because they realized, in the interim, that the only reasons they had said pursuits was to elevate their social - and therefore sexual - status. To be aware that you're dreaming will cause you to wake, and so many of these men found themselves without a sense of purpose.

In fact, one of Stardusk's contemporaries - who he had once described as his best friend - had killed himself over a sense of hopelessness. He was raised in a Christian Fundamentalist household, but later became an atheist, but could not cope with the feeling of what Lovecraft described as "cosmic horror", the fear of an indifferent universe.

To quote The Dark Knight Returns, "I see a reflection..."

I recently abandoned my goal of studying Norwegian and Danish. My original goal was to follow in Stardusk's footsteps tentatively, with hopes of achieving a polyglot status and translate my favorite authors, who's majority of writings would be unavailable to me due to the language barrier. Lesya Ukrainka, the Ukranian poet and playwright was further down on my list, but I wanted to learn Norsk and Danish to translate the works of my favorite philosopher, Peter Wessel Zapffe (1899-1990). Second on my list was the late Herman Tønnessen, who's essay "Happiness Is For the Pigs" moved me greatly into the philosophical direction I'm in now.

The advantages of Norwegian - and nearly all Scandinavian languages, save Finnish - is the overwhelming mutual intelligibility with English, and Danish (Zapffe used many Danish loan words in his writings, since the Danes ruled Norway from 1537-1814. However, I've since lost motivation, and I've decided to abandon the project.

I look around at the world, and it all just seems meaningless to engage in. When I was younger, I went through that phase of wanting to change the world. I dabbled in political ideas, lending an ear to every talking head with a so-called "great idea" on how to make society better, but all they were is just a shill for whatever mainstream party they want to convince others to vote for. Case in point, I just see society's rise and fall as a cyclical process that is beyond man's ability to control or prevent. Nor do I pretend that human beings have said control, and I've accepted that life is just a set of biological reactions that human beings are fortunate enough to be cognizant of, but unable to take direct action onto.

And so, nowadays, I just go through the motions: work, going back home, and not doing much in between. I have a very low IQ, and I have no discernible talents or aptitudes. Many people grow up realizing they have a certain gift in a certain area, but I never found such a gift or talent. Most of the projects I've undergone ended up in either failure, or I just didn't have the ability to see them through. Thus, I've wrestled with this sense of having no real sense of direction, like the crew in Cowboy Bebop.

Maybe this is just me looking for yet another cope, trying to justify my own existence to myself (making myself useful until my permanent annihilation, so to speak). I remember a quote by @MayorOfKekville, the guy who inspired me to join this forum, said "It's either cope or the rope". I don't know if he coined that term, or if it's an Incel axiom, but I think that's what I'm really looking for in the grand scheme of things. I plan on reading a book called "Man's Search for Meaning", written by Holocaust Survivor Viktor Frankl. I don't expect it to be of any use, but maybe it will point me in the right direction. Then again, the secret to happiness is low expectations, so maybe not...

I wish i knew. I never really had any dreams what i wanted to become or goals in life. Im ugly, low iq and talentless and can't offer anything useful to society. I just exist trying to survive in this cruel world and that's about it

To keep myself entertained.

They don't lose sleep over me, so I don't want to lose sleep over them.
this, except for the mentally deranged and obese IT guests, we should really throw them in the trash but we can not forget their nature and how volatile it is either

I wish i knew. I never really had any dreams what i wanted to become or goals in life. Im ugly, low iq and talentless and can't offer anything useful to society. I just exist trying to survive in this cruel world and that's about it
Funny, because that's exactly what I concluded as I thought about the subject.

I have not found a purpose. I am just here to watch the world crumble or take my place as a king after the collapse. Until then I just keep myself stimulated via techno-node addiction cope. Point and click lifestyle.

Personally, I think the desire to find greater "meaning in life" is direct evidence of a mental pathology. There is no greater meaning and there never was. The second you start looking for some grand purpose, you've lost, because you're overanalyzing. The other failure is in trying to think too far ahead.

You have no obligation to plan out the next 30 years of your life or decide what you're going to do with it. Just what you do now. Today, tomorrow, NOW, etc.

Lately my joy has been doing aggressive physical activities I have been unable to do for years due to medical issues previously. I absolutely love the feeling of my muscles being sore and tired. The endorphans. The feeling of being back to a physical animal as nature intended, pushed to the physical limit.

I'm also learning C++ on the side for a hobby of mine, as I want to build something with it. I have taken St. John's Wort here and there when I find my mind is becoming overly analytical. Being overly analytical is a surefire path to depression and paralysis.

So many people never think past the day they live. And living too much in the moment can be dangerous as you will never plan ahead to pay your bills, etc. But living too much in the abstract or past/future is also a problem. There has to be a balance.

Probably most of us who spend our time on the Internet are prone to avoiding the present and fixating on abstract concerns. People who are more prone to living in the moment would never see a reason to hang out on an Internet site. They'd be busy doing other things instead. I think that's healthier. Ever wonder why there are so many ugly losers out there having a blast enjoying life?

no purpose.
I cant think of a reason to either continue or stop living. I guess this is what people call depression...

What is purpose anyway? :what:

Is purpose some grande lesson that we learn upon leaving this world? Is it having a sense of duty in this world?

Quite notably, religious/spiritual determinsts often use purpose interchangeably with reason. E.g., "things happen for a reason."

Regardless, you don't need to know your purpose to be productive. For the past two years I've been numb with depression but I've accomplished more in those two years than I ever did before.

Sometimes you just have to do things for the sake of doing them, without knowing where it's going to lead.

LDAR. It's the path of least suffering for any incel.

thought provoking thread
I do my utmost to distract myself from even having to think about purpose

Good matrix reference. The scenario kind of similiar to blackpill and redpill

My purpose in life is to amuse myself as much as i can.

People who say that reproduction is our main purpose should value the life of a bacterium more than that of someone who has had a vasectomy tbh.
Personally, I think the desire to find greater "meaning in life" is direct evidence of a mental pathology. There is no greater meaning and there never was. The second you start looking for some grand purpose, you've lost, because you're overanalyzing. The other failure is in trying to think too far ahead.

You have no obligation to plan out the next 30 years of your life or decide what you're going to do with it. Just what you do now. Today, tomorrow, NOW, etc.

Lately my joy has been doing aggressive physical activities I have been unable to do for years due to medical issues previously. I absolutely love the feeling of my muscles being sore and tired. The endorphans. The feeling of being back to a physical animal as nature intended, pushed to the physical limit.

I'm also learning C++ on the side for a hobby of mine, as I want to build something with it. I have taken St. John's Wort here and there when I find my mind is becoming overly analytical. Being overly analytical is a surefire path to depression and paralysis.

So many people never think past the day they live. And living too much in the moment can be dangerous as you will never plan ahead to pay your bills, etc. But living too much in the abstract or past/future is also a problem. There has to be a balance.

Probably most of us who spend our time on the Internet are prone to avoiding the present and fixating on abstract concerns. People who are more prone to living in the moment would never see a reason to hang out on an Internet site. They'd be busy doing other things instead. I think that's healthier. Ever wonder why there are so many ugly losers out there having a blast enjoying life?
Female mindset, this is how they justify whoring around.

I have not found a purpose. I am just here to watch the world crumble or take my place as a king after the collapse. Until then I just keep myself stimulated via techno-node addiction cope. Point and click lifestyle.
clockworker ( god iq )

trying to finish college and practice martial arts and become a monk

YOU SET YOUR OWN PURPOSE
OP high IQ

While it's true that we all need to find our own meaning in existence, as genetic organisms reproduction (aka propagation of dna) actually IS our ultimate purpose. Everything we do and orient ourselves to in society is ultimately motivated by our biological need to find a mate and bear offspring. The reasons that we give for those behaviors and decisions are nothing more than post hoc ratonalizations imposed onto our ancient limbic system by our much newer (and more rational) prefrontal cortex.
Ask yourself this, if every single human on earth suddenly became sterile tomorrow, what would happen to society?

Try to find a hobby that you can always improve yourself in.

While it's true that we all need to find our own meaning in existence, as genetic organisms reproduction (aka propagation of dna) actually IS our ultimate purpose. Everything we do and orient ourselves to in society is ultimately motivated by our biological need to find a mate and bear offspring. The reasons that we give for those behaviors and decisions are nothing more than post hoc ratonalizations imposed onto our ancient limbic system by our much newer (and more rational) prefrontal cortex.
Ask yourself this, if every single human on earth suddenly became sterile tomorrow, what would happen to society?
Society would cease to exist ofc. But that doesn't prove that reproduction is out ultimate purpose.
I see that virginity can make someone High IQ the more he keeps it.

Ruminating and overanalyzing ideas we as humans can't answer such as what is the purpose of life? what is death? what is oblivion? why does anything exist? is completely pointless and no matter how many philosophy books you read or how much research you do, You will never find an answer that will satisfy you, besides that, It does nothing to improve your life; It's a trap people who are depressed and unoccupied fall into and all it accomplishes is to give you a higher dose of anxiety than what you're already dealing with. Once I started occupying myself with hobbies, working on shit I cared about, making some money and maintaining health the ruminations went away.

Even if you think you have no talents or interests, find something you can work towards even if it only picks your interest slightly, and put time into it everyday, turn it into a habit because motivation is useless and eventually it'll develop into a real skill that's worth something. There are better ways to waste your time tbh.

I'm searching for some kind of influence or power. The ultimate goal of that is to rub in the faces of people I hate, or to outright exact revenge on them if I ever get the chance to influence their lives myself

Society would cease to exist ofc. But that doesn't prove that reproduction is out ultimate purpose.
I see that virginity can make someone High IQ the more he keeps it.

Very true. Throughout history spiritual gurus, ascetics, and even power seeking government officials and lords have voluntarily sworn off the pursuit of sex and reproduction, ironically for the precise reason that I mentioned above. Namely that we are all ultimately slaves our inate biological urges, and so ridding ourselves of them frees up our rational minds to pursue other ends that might serve ourselves or humanity in much farther reaching and profound ways than just carrying on our genetic legacy.

The meaning of my life is cashing in on the next high, the next pleasure whatever it might be, hurtles need to be overcome to get to the next pleasure, a big hurtle stands before me, one of monetary significance, i have to study so i can wageslave and self sustain myself only then i can have my own salary and savings and money i earned from the sweat of my brow so i can feel self-important, i can then finally feel like a big boy and buy shit that brings me pleasure with newfound wealth, probably measly but wealth nonetheless.

Nothing, I have no purpose. I'm only awaiting to drug alcohol, codeine or zolpidem, either just go to sleep.

My purpose is to one day replace the human race with a new race that is not sexually based.

Pure mathematics and computer science. The abstractions herein are beautiful. It's probably the most interesting cope you can participate in. Understanding the basic principles of Ai and computer architecture allows you to understand how a human brain works. Ofcourse there is no purpose, nihilism is the only truth of reality, understanding that your conciousnes is nothing more than a sequence of states controlled by a biological touring machine with a large chunk of memory, is very exhilaratingly exciting and depressing at the same time

To blackpill everyone.

Right now I am learning to play guitar, and increasing my wpm typing speed. I just try to acquire new achievements to keep myself feeling productive and fulfilled, filling my endless free time (stemming from social isolation) with new goals to distract me.

Pure mathematics and computer science. The abstractions herein are beautiful. It's probably the most interesting cope you can participate in. Understanding the basic principles of Ai and computer architecture allows you to understand how a human brain works. Ofcourse there is no purpose, nihilism is the only truth of reality, understanding that your conciousnes is nothing more than a sequence of states controlled by a biological touring machine with a large chunk of memory, is very exhilaratingly exciting and depressing at the same time
HIGH IQ post, I also find so much beauty in mathematics, things like fractals or differential geometry are absolutely amazing