Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What do I need to get a entry level data analyst job

decafincel

decafincel

Captain
★★★★
I know the market is fucked right now but there's an opening for a Business Analyst I (lowest of three levels) at an organization I really want to work for. I have a decent amount of SQL, SPSS, and excel experience but I have never worked a full time job in that area and haven't done an internship. How screwed am I or is there something I can impress them with?

Do you have at least an associates degree?

Maybe update the CV/resume about how you abstracted data from a business and how you used SQL/SPSS/Excel to improve the data workflow between departments.

Also mention about how you used the tech you know to create reports to guide business decisions on future products and cost reductions. Business are very keen on reports. Mention graphs you created as part of the reports.

Do you have at least an associates degree?
Yes

Maybe update the CV/resume about how you abstracted data from a business and how you used SQL/SPSS/Excel to improve the data workflow between departments.

Also mention about how you used the tech you know to create reports to guide business decisions on future products and cost reductions. Business are very keen on reports. Mention graphs you created as part of the reports.
That actually is a great idea unfortunately I have not done that for any of the jobs I have worked. I'll see if I can work that in though