Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What can you do about loose skin?

Doug

Doug

Everytime i get a gun in my hand it...
-
Can i still look ripped after a bodylift?

Doesn't it slowly tighten up with time?

Surgery, otherwise I’m pretty sure you’re fucked.

I know they get skin surgery after losing too much weight.

just get surgery if it's really bad.

fill it all out with combination of muscle and fat instead of just fat

bloat

Just cope. Unless you are able to put on a lot of mass itnwont fix itself

Maybe liposuction will help.

Surgery, otherwise I’m pretty sure you’re fucked.
Incorrect!

The people you see with "loose skin" tend to still be very obese, they look like a skinny person in too much skin, but if you were to measure a skin fold of that "loose skin" it would show that it's still holding a significant amount of fat. True "loose skin" would feel like the skin on the back of your hand when you fold it (as an example of skin with very little fat beneath it) which is not the case with the mythological weight loss loose skin. Once you get down to a truly normal bodyfat level, your skin will tighten up, but you have to get that fat out first by continuing to diet.

Skin is constantly regenerating and adjusting, it won't fail to shrink anymore than it failed to expand when you got fat in the first place.

stab it with a knife

Incorrect!

The people you see with "loose skin" tend to still be very obese, they look like a skinny person in too much skin, but if you were to measure a skin fold of that "loose skin" it would show that it's still holding a significant amount of fat. True "loose skin" would feel like the skin on the back of your hand when you fold it (as an example of skin with very little fat beneath it) which is not the case with the mythological weight loss loose skin. Once you get down to a truly normal bodyfat level, your skin will tighten up, but you have to get that fat out first by continuing to diet.

Skin is constantly regenerating and adjusting, it won't fail to shrink anymore than it failed to expand when you got fat in the first place.
Though it's technically true that the actual skin is very thin, a formerly obese person has to maintain sub-10% body fat levels year-round to keep it from thickening up, which is extremely difficult for someone who's spent months if not years in a largely catabolic state for the purpose of dramatic weight loss and ended up losing a bunch of lean mass as a result. Even people with body fat levels well within the healthy range of 8-25% can have problems with sagging skin in problem areas where body fat tends to be the most prevalent.

What isn't true is that there's no such thing as loose skin. When a person gains an unnatural amount of body fat and carries it around for a significant length of time, the skin will inevitably lose its elasticity and its ability to "tighten up" with weight loss. Even pregnancy can cause loose skin.

Here's an example of someone who has visible abs and loose skin after extreme weight loss:

obese-to-beast-7-1200x600.jpg

Though it's technically true that the actual skin is very thin, a formerly obese person has to maintain sub-10% body fat levels year-round to keep it from thickening up, which is extremely difficult for someone who's spent months if not years in a largely catabolic state for the purpose of dramatic weight loss and ended up losing a bunch of lean mass as a result. Even people with body fat levels well within the healthy range of 8-25% can have problems with sagging skin in problem areas where body fat tends to be the most prevalent.

What isn't true is that there's no such thing as loose skin. When a person gains an unnatural amount of body fat and carries it around for a significant length of time, the skin will inevitably lose its elasticity and its ability to "tighten up" with weight loss. Even pregnancy can cause loose skin.

Here's an example of someone who has visible abs and loose skin after extreme weight loss:

obese-to-beast-7-1200x600.jpg
Interesting, I wonder if that guy would ultimately restore normal skin over time, and of course I understand people not wanting to wait and opting for surgery.

Of course I'm just parroting from sources I tend to trust so I dunno.

Interesting, I wonder if that guy would ultimately restore normal skin over time, and of course I understand people not wanting to wait and opting for surgery.

Of course I'm just parroting from sources I tend to trust so I dunno.
The skin does restore to a very small degree. Far too small for someone like him with significant amounts of loose skin to notice a difference. They'll die of old age before the skin is even a quarter of the way tightened.

And 15-20% body fat looks far worse on someone with loose skin than without. I did the surgery at about that range because it was discouraging me from getting leaner, and I had gyno that needed removed anyway. Even with all the post-op scarring and swelling, it's still a massive improvement.