Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

what are y'all's favourite book?

physicscel

physicscel

im kinda lonely lol
★★
I have never liked reading much but covid has me crazy and desperate.
I will try anything.
Recommend me your favourite book. I dont mind fiction or non fiction

finnegans wake- james joyce

democracy:the god that failed - hhh

I can’t read

The Count of Monte Cristo

Depends on what you like to read.... If you want something really out of the loop, try:

Bore Hole by Joe Mellen

It's about a soon-to-be doctor called Bart Huges who drilled a hole in his head to be permanently high. In a scripture called "homo sapiens correctus" he claimed that since humans started to walk on 2 feet they have not enough blood in their head anymore due to gravity. This results in the problems we face today in the modern world, depression, war, feeling out of the place with nature and so on. He formed a group and all his disciples drilled a hole in their head aswell and claim to experience life in a way more intense and better way since then, like after smoking weed or taking LSD. The book explains the story, theory and practice behind it.

Prince by Machiavelli.
Book is good guide for how an incel should live life. extract maximum resources and pleasure without regard for arbitrary bullshit rules.

My twisted world.

Book bad i not read

I can't choose one book, I will mention some of my favourite writers: Dostoevsky, Huxley, Joyce, Kafka, Dante, Flaubert, Wilde, Tolstoy, Dumas, Poe, Lovecraft, Chekhov, Baudelaire, Shakespeare, Proust, Goethe, Hesse, etc. Read any book by any of them, you won't regret it. I mentioned many classics because people often just ''know'' about them but have never read any of their books.

Mein kampf by the one and only. One cannot get any more based than that.

visual noves better tbh

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

i haven't read a book since middle school, and i can't remember any of them

Not gonna lie I am a lazy retard with bad attention span so unfortunately I couldn't read much or develop a solid taste. But as far as some of my former reading experiments go: I would recommend Edgar Allen Poe's stories and poems; very cool shit ngl, very intriguing. I remember REALLY liking Robinson Crusoe as a kid, not sure as an adult but it was a good story set in solitude(for the most part), very easy to relate to as an incel. I enjoyed Stefan Zweig's works mainly because they are short and easy to understand for a low attention span undisciplined retard like me, they don't have a that much of an artistic merit however, plus I am not sure about the quality of English translations, if any. I additionally like 19th 20th century Russian literature. I would recommend likes of Chekov and Bulgakov. Especially Soviet era writers who are critical of the regime had a bitter realism in it, which I like. As I said I am literaturelet, I won't claim to have a great taste but hopefully this will be at least somewhat helpful.
Prince by Machiavelli.
Book is good guide for how an incel should live life. extract maximum resources and pleasure without regard for arbitrary bullshit rules.
Based recommendation I second this.
I can't choose one book, I will mention some of my favourite writers: Dostoevsky, Huxley, Joyce, Kafka, Dante, Flaubert, Wilde, Tolstoy, Dumas, Poe, Lovecraft, Chekhov, Baudelaire, Shakespeare, Proust, Goethe, Hesse, etc. Read any book by any of them, you won't regret it. I mentioned many classics because people often just ''know'' about them but have never read any of their books.
I want to start with Kafka soon. I am ashamed that I didn't read much of your list:feelsbadman:.

The Temple of the Golden Pavilion by Yukio Mishima.

dunno if i have high enough iq for that kinda stuff. never been good at english

Depends on what you like to read.... If you want something really out of the loop, try:

Bore Hole by Joe Mellen

It's about a soon-to-be doctor called Bart Huges who drilled a hole in his head to be permanently high. In a scripture called "homo sapiens correctus" he claimed that since humans started to walk on 2 feet they have not enough blood in their head anymore due to gravity. This results in the problems we face today in the modern world, depression, war, feeling out of the place with nature and so on. He formed a group and all his disciples drilled a hole in their head aswell and claim to experience life in a way more intense and better way since then, like after smoking weed or taking LSD. The book explains the story, theory and practice behind it.
really interesting stuff, man
There's a manga called Homunculus that explores a similar concept
The guy drills a hole in his head and it suddenly unlocks this kind of sixth sense
It's a good read

Fall of GIants by Ken Follett
It's an amazing read, very engaging story and excels in most respects

really interesting stuff, man
There's a manga called Homunculus that explores a similar concept
The guy drills a hole in his head and it suddenly unlocks this kind of sixth sense
It's a good read
I'm gonna look into that! Thanks! Btw I love your username. I never dared to play any competetive games or teamspeak required games.

I will try anything.
2A2EDCB5 667B 4DFB AF27 F924B4FECC2E

I will try anything.
Steppenwolf - Herman Hesse
I've read it twice, it's really enjoyable.

Also Whatever - Michel Houellebecq (compulsory incel reading).

I'm gonna look into that! Thanks! Btw I love your username. I never dared to play any competetive games or teamspeak required games.
thanks, bro
I've been playing singleplayer(only) games for quite some time now. Dealing with normies is a fucking pain in the ass, multiplayer games are filled with them. I just can't do it anymore. I play games to escape reality, you know...

and thanks for the book recommendation. Looks pretty interesting, will check it out :feelsokman:

thanks, bro
I've been playing singleplayer(only) games for quite some time now. Dealing with normies is a fucking pain in the ass, multiplayer games are filled with them. I just can't do it anymore. I play games to escape reality, you know...

and thanks for the book recommendation. Looks pretty interesting, will check it out :feelsokman:
I liked to play WoW Classic and WoW in general, it was full of nerdy looners but most of them were 30-40 yr old boomers with boomer humor.
Singpleplayer and listening to music or audiobooks is just way superior.

I haven't read a book since high school but I recall enjoying Artemks Fowl (only read the first book), Stephen King (my favorite was Tommyknockers), and Michael Crichton (favorites are Sphere and Timeline).

idk tbh
Probably will be Crime and Punishment when i finish it