Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What are some (free) resources to learn languages?

iamsubhuman

iamsubhuman

I'm evil, nigga.
★★★★★
Tell me (free) resources. Any language is fine.

I was learning Japanese until I realized:
  • I'm poor and will prob never be able to move to Japan
  • Japanese women won't like me
  • Japanese isn't a useful language

Me, I can teach you

Watch youtubers and read comments or go on discords and stuff where people speak that language

No one has ever actually learned a language fluently just by studying it from textbooks and stuff but having some practical use for it that you can return to frequently will let you make some progress gradually

The fastest way ofc is just to actually live in a place where it's the primary language and you have to speak it to survive

As long as you are interested in portuguese, sure
Okay, where do I begin?
go on discords
EJxcX1pW4AASyRz

I'm antisocial.

Jokes aside, idk which language to learn tbh. I just wanna do something productive instead of rotting 24/7

Okay, where do I begin?

View attachment 699540
I'm antisocial.

Jokes aside, idk which language to learn tbh. I just wanna do something productive instead of rotting 24/7
Japanese is a relatively productive language to learn if you intend on using it to consume anime/manga (a lot of subtext is lost when translating from Japanese to Englsh so there's a legit payoff to doing this)

The thing with learning a language is you'll never get anywhere with it if you don't intend on actually using it for anything consistently. This is especially true for native English speakers who often spend years living in foreign countries without seriously picking up the local language at all because they don't really need to

Tell me (free) resources. Any language is fine.

Watch movies in your desired foreign language

Thank you, but I don't feel like this is efficient lol. Watched about 10 min and I guess I did learn a little bit (like muito meaning much). Maybe I'll watch more later and prob play it while sleeping, though I never really believed in learning stuff while sleeping.
The thing with learning a language is you'll never get anywhere with it if you don't intend on actually using it for anything consistently.
True :(

Japanese seems very hard to learn.

Duolingo, Memrise, Anki (not free if you use iOS), anime, manga, YouTube vlogs, Japanese ROMs (if you're into emulation and retrogaming), finding a friend IRL or online who knows Japanese and is willing to teach you for free.

Those are similar reasons I stopped learning Japanese, JFL. I can probably move to Japan but their work environment sucks ass. I'm too ogre like for Japanese girls' liking (they like androgynous pretty boys or blond foreign chads). And yep, it's fucking useless outside of japan

this also discord. OP can join learn Japanese discord and practice on other fuckers thus increasing his fluency