Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Were you abused as by your family when you were a child?

Well?

• Total voters
FakeFakecel

FakeFakecel

PhD in Agony & Anguish
★★★★★
I'm trying to get a feel for the general psyche of the forum. This could be a hidden common denominator.

No not really.

Physically? No.
Mentally? The scars will never leave.

Not much physical, I only got beat if I did something really bad, like when I was young I way playing with fireworks and my grandpa thought I would blow my hand off and beat me, but my mom would just mentally abuse and say vile things to me

Yes, though not too much but there are certainly scars I still wear.

I was taken away from my parents by the police for sexual abuse

My case was later dropped and so were the charges against me

You voted "Yes" @FakeFakecel. Wanna tell us your story?

Physically? No.
Mentally? The scars will never leave.
I have mental and physical scars. Some self harm scars are still visible to this day, and as a teen I used to cope with loud music, like whenever I could. It masked the sounds of my parents arguing. I got moderate sensorineural hearing loss. About 40-45 decibels on both ears for almost all frequencies in my audiogram results.

was not abused by my parents but my parents did shelter me a lot as a kid, fueling my socially awkwardness, which really is not abuse but thats the only closest thing that was bad they did.

I have mental and physical scars. Some self harm scars are still visible to this day, and as a teen I used to cope with loud music, like whenever I could. It masked the sounds of my parents arguing. I got moderate sensorineural hearing loss. About 40-45 on both ears in my audiogram results.
If we're counting self harm scars then yeah, me too. Loud music was also my cope, no hearing loss but the ringing never stops.

You voted "Yes" @FakeFakecel. Wanna tell us your story?
I don't think I have the mental strength to dig up all the memories but here's the biggest things:

-alcoholic father
-diagnosed narcissist mother
-not very poor, but on the lower ends of the middle class
-bullied at school and at home, no safe space
-Religious trauma

Sometimes I remember that not everyone has a shit childhood and it hits me how much my fucking life sucks.

My older borther did some fucked shit tbh

If we're counting self harm scars then yeah, me too.
I feel you. I still can hardly bring myself to wear summer clothes so I end up roasting myself in long sleeve shirts. :feelsrope:

My parents, not really no: Since they are Middle-class Whites in the US, they never were too harsh on me & I was only hit/spanked or whatever a few times when I really fucked up.

From my extended family, however, yes in a way: My relatives never really reach out to check on me, and my foid cousins always have been rude, bitchey, condescending, etc. at worse & just indifferent at best.

I know what I have dealt with is nothing compared to what some here & in general have dealt with; my sincere condolences to all of you.

Damn, so far only 1 out of 5 of us has NOT been abused to some extent. I feel like if I had a good home life I'd be able to cope with inceldom better. Maybe I could cope by telling myself that humanity is good and that there are a lot of truly good people out there. But when even the 2 people that give you life, your supposed guardian angels of this world, turn on you, you can't exactly like humans now can you? At school teachers always described me as ''mature for his age''. I didn't get to live a proper childhood. I couldn't learn from mistakes or build experiences that I'd have needed to properly carry you through adulthood. Instead you've got this perfectionist who turned out this way because anything less than perfection meant a beating.

Sorry for the rant.

I don't think I have the mental strength to dig up all the memories but here's the biggest things:

-alcoholic father
-diagnosed narcissist mother
-not very poor, but on the lower ends of the middle class
-bullied at school and at home, no safe space
-Religious trauma

Sometimes I remember that not everyone has a shit childhood and it hits me how much my fucking life sucks.
Brutal you didn't even have your home as a place of safety, which is supposed to be the whole purpose of a family dwelling space to begin with.

I would like to know more about the religious trauma though, if you are comfortable sharing: I myself am Agnostic, yet I do not have any trauma from my time when I attended Church.
My older borther did some fucked shit tbh
I'm sorry to hear that: An older brothers whole purpose to try & educate his younger brothers, so they can learn from him.

I used to wish I had some older brother to "guide" me, and in a way for a bit, I did when my parents hired a tutor to help me out in this one particular subject I found tough, due to a learning disability I have.

However, I am glad I don't tbh: It would have been another mog.
was not abused by my parents but my parents did shelter me a lot as a kid, fueling my socially awkwardness, which really is not abuse but thats the only closest thing that was bad they did.
I should have added this in, and it seems like a common trait amongst us Whitecels: We all have helicopter, overly-protective & anxious parents, especially from our mothers I would wager.

Damn, so far only 1 out of 5 of us has NOT been abused to some extent. I feel like if I had a good home life I'd be able to cope with inceldom better. Maybe I could cope by telling myself that humanity is good and that there are a lot of truly good people out there. But when even the 2 people that give you life, your supposed guardian angels of this world, turn on you, you can't exactly like humans now can you? At school teachers always described me as ''mature for his age''. I didn't get to live a proper childhood. I couldn't learn from mistakes or build experiences that I'd have needed to properly carry you through adulthood. Instead you've got this perfectionist who turned out this way because anything less than perfection meant a beating.

Sorry for the rant.
Very blackpilling moment, and in fact has inspired me to possibly make a thread concerning something along these lines.

I would like to know more about the religious trauma though, if you are comfortable sharing
Sure. They used to send me to this ''Quran course'' (I don't know the English translation. Apologies.) Where the ''teachers'', when you get shit wrong, yes you guessed it right, beat you. It's even worse when you're irreligious. I didn't believe a word of it (Well I couldn't actually understand it in the first place, it wasn't even translated jfl). We had wrestling matches when the mosque was unoccupied though so that was pretty fun jfl.

But a huge part of the religious trauma is from me getting a third of my genitals chopped off to adhere to stone age jewish traditions. All while I was awake. I think that's the second most traumatic moment of my entire life.