Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment weebcels

• Thread starter Deleted member 3291
  • Start date

What do you prefer

• Total voters
I prefer manga because I really enjoy reading.

whats light/visual novels?

Anime, although VNs are alright. When I muster up the ambition to read I don't do it only for a distraction, I try to learn something as well. I only read history, philosophy, and theology.

I prefer anime if it's done properly (good animation and faithful to source material).

I mostly watch anime because I love it to hear voice actors . However I will read more novels after I started my Japanese studies and when I am advanced enough to read them

I only watch anime

I prefer anime because it's low effort, high action. I only read the manga of stories I'm really dedicated to, and I'm far more willing to give an anime a shot than a manga (unless I already know enough about it).

Overall I prefer manga since it goes by faster than the others. Vn's are especially time consuming. That being said I really like them all aside from light novels, I've never read one.

I think because it takes more effort to read as opposed to watch something.
complete opposite for me i have to concentrate when watching on visuals and subtitles when i read it's just images and a few words

I think because it takes more effort to read as opposed to watch something.

Pretty much. The action is literally drawn out for you, you don't have to make inferences or keep postures in mind when flipping pages, you don't have to imagine or figure out how they got from x fighting position to y fighting position, and I think it goes without saying that watching something is a more passive activity than reading something. You also read faster and more "naturally" when the text is presented to you in 1 line fragments than it is in page-like format. However, for manga like Death Note I think it does make sense to read it over watching it, as it is more about thinking and less about action, so to be able to stop (without pressing pause) and think about what was just said is a welcome option.

It's a tie for anime and manga.

then again I only read action manga

Anime because it's easy to access