Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

We in the past?

Dionysus

Dionysus

Paragon
★★★★★
If you think about it everything we see and hear is in the past. It takes time for light and sound to travel and time for our brain to process it. Plus if you dont believe in free will then essentially we aren't doing anything but going on a ride. This feels really weird now that I thought of it.

hmm i dont know tbh

Big cope. Your brain reacts in real time to things. Light travels far faster than you comprehend.

Were living as in the moment as is possible. Free will is a meme though imo. Were biologically programmed to react to the world and our surroundings in a very specific set of ways

Big cope. Your brain reacts in real time to things. Light travels far faster than you comprehend.

Were living as in the moment as is possible. Free will is a meme though imo. Were biologically programmed to react to the world and our surroundings in a very specific set of ways
light doesnt travel instantly though it travels 299,792 kilometers per second so even if it takes 0.000000001 second for your mind to react its still in the past

light doesnt travel instantly though it travels 299,792 kilometers per second so even if it takes 0.000000001 second for your mind to react its still in the past
But you're getting a constant stream m8. You cannot react to something you're not experiencing or have experienced

But you're getting a constant stream m8. You cannot react to something you're not experiencing or have experienced
thats why theres a delay for your reaction

There is no delay. The only delay Is you thinking of what to say.

This is some low IQ armchair philosophy

The delay isnt noticable, to us. The farther a object is, we are seeing an image of the object when it was a few minutes ago, for example the sun we see is 8 minutes into the past. We also see space at a delayed timeframe, since it take time for light to travel to our eyes and our brain to perceive it.

If you think about it everything we see and hear is in the past. It takes time for light and sound to travel and time for our brain to process it. Plus if you dont believe in free will then essentially we aren't doing anything but going on a ride. This feels really weird now that I thought of it.
I can see how we are living in the past but I'm skeptical about free will not existing.
That would imply that there is no morality as there is no-one really making the choice.
You think that a chad beating up an incel is morally wrong? Think again, it was destined to happen according to you.

But on the other hand, If free will doesn't exist, then Elliot Rodger, Alek Minassian, Pekka Eric, Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot and many more never did anything morally wrong. They were just taking a ride.

But on the other hand, If free will doesn't exist, then Elliot Rodger, Alek Minassian, Pekka Eric, Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot and many more never did anything morally wrong. They were just taking a ride.
I dont believe in morals

Technically we are

Just live in the moment bro

We progressed the wrong way. We have society to blame for that.