Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Wasn't able to save a baby bird

shii410

shii410

الصابئي
★★★★★
the other day I found this really tiny baby bird by itself. feathers all ruffled, crying, kept falling over, looked very overheated and disoriented. usually you're not supposed to mess with baby birds and should wait to see if their parents come back first so that's what I did.

eventually the mom came back and tried to shepherd it around but they weren't having much success. the bird seemed exhausted, kept tripping and wandering off near dangerous places (like behind the neighbor's tire and next to a storm drain). so I carefully moved it in to this little patch filled with dirt where there was seeds, water, shade and a safe place it could keep warm overnight. and of course I made sure the mom knew where it was so she could take care of it since that's the most important part (tiny birds like that can't even chew food on their own)

the baby bird really liked this little smooth stone thats shaped like a clam and spent most if its time resting in there. the last time I saw it was at 10 PM last night and it seemed comfortable. no crying or other visible signs of distress and was just pruning its feathers like normal. the mama bird continued looking after it and taking care of it until the end and it was able to fall asleep calmly

this morning I woke up to find the baby bird was dead:feelsrope:I found it huddled up in its favorite stone clam like it was sleeping but with no sign of life. it seems like it was just sick and there was nothing else that could have been done. usually when baby birds end up outside the nest like that they're already done for and this little guy seemed particularly weak and sickly. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it had everything it needed and there was nothing more I could have done to prevent this but I still felt devastated

at the very least I was able to make its last moments comfortable and ensure it didn't suffer or anything. I just love birds so much. I basically don't cry ever, the last time that happened was when I had a mental breakdown almost got arrested irl, but this bird genuinely moved me close to tears. I hope it's in heaven somewhere and is happy:feelsbadman:

the other day I found this really tiny baby bird by itself. feathers all ruffled, crying, kept falling over, looked very overheated and disoriented. usually you're not supposed to mess with baby birds and should wait to see if their parents come back first so that's what I did.

eventually the mom came back and tried to shepherd it around but they weren't having much success. the bird seemed exhausted, kept tripping and wandering off near dangerous places (like behind the neighbor's tire and next to a storm drain). so I carefully moved it in to this little patch filled with dirt where there was seeds, water, shade and a safe place it could keep warm overnight. and of course I made sure the mom knew where it was so she could take care of it since that's the most important part (tiny birds like that can't even chew food on their own)

the baby bird really liked this little smooth stone thats shaped like a clam and spent most if its time resting in there. the last time I saw it was at 10 PM last night and it seemed comfortable. no crying or other visible signs of distress and was just pruning its feathers like normal. the mama bird continued looking after it and taking care of it until the end and it was able to fall asleep calmly

this morning I woke up to find the baby bird was dead:feelsrope:I found it huddled up in its favorite stone clam like it was sleeping but with no sign of life. it seems like it was just sick and there was nothing else that could have been done. usually when baby birds end up outside the nest like that they're already done for and this little guy seemed particularly weak and sickly. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it had everything it needed and there was nothing more I could have done to prevent this but I still felt devastated

at the very least I was able to make its last moments comfortable and ensure it didn't suffer or anything. I just love birds so much. I basically don't cry ever, the last time that happened was when I had a mental breakdown almost got arrested irl, but this bird genuinely moved me close to tears. I hope it's in heaven somewhere and is happy:feelsbadman:
Nature sure is brutal.
:blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:

two birds have divebombed right into my window in the past month and killed themselves, and it was annoying cleaning their corpse tbh, both were huge ass black sparrows.

I've had a finch divebomb into my window on my porch, knock itself out, then sit there for an hour and then fly off. I have it on video tbh cause it was the first time I saw a bird knock itself out. I could tell it was alive because its tiny stomach was still breathing but its eyes were closed.

You at least tried mate,next animal you find take it to the vet , you are a good man,a good man like me, who values life,I saved a lot of animals from getting killed or eaten, from anything, but I always wish I could do it more

I found it huddled up in its favorite stone clam like it was sleeping but with no sign of life.
damn thats sad

also mogs me, I can't get close to birds without them flying away

It's over for birdcels.

When I was like 7 years old, I remember going back home from school with this minifoid from my class, and we've noticed this black kitten lying on the ground(used to greet me in the morning on my way to school and i used to give him some food).

Then some old fart passed by and said that some teenage fags bashed the kitten against the wall because he followed them. I picked up the kitten and he died in my arms and the minifoid started freaking out and scared because it was dead. The old fart laughed at her and said that she should not be affraid of the dead, but be affraid of the living.

And that's all I remember of that event. :feelsbadman:

Touching good story shii.

I saw a bird once that was still alive however its neck was snapped. It just jumped around in a random fashion, but not quite dying... it was so cruel to watch. I really questioned God at that moment. Are there only the laws of nature and are we subjected to pure randomness and meaninglesness? I wished I could heal it, but I could only watch how it jumped up and down in agony.

I shot a birdo once with a pellet gun. yeah that's it. RIP birdo.

I hate when animals suffer, you have a good heart OP others are not so caring

I had a similar situation with a hedgehog that died about an hour after I took it to the vets ( found him in my garden )

Fortunately she had 2 baby hedgehogs that still live in our garden I even made a hedgehog house for them and put food out every night. :feelsokman:

I like birds. I hate dogs and cats. I hate people who own all pets the most, including birds. Birds are meant to be free.

There's nothing worse than some foid with a pet.

When I was little I had a friend who liked to kill birds for fun.

I always knew there was something wrong with that kid.

I hate when animals suffer, you have a good heart OP others are not so caring

I had a similar situation with a hedgehog that died about an hour after I took it to the vets ( found him in my garden )

Fortunately she had 2 baby hedgehogs that still live in our garden I even made a hedgehog house for them and put food out every night. :feelsokman:
Man that's pretty cool. Can you post some photos of them? :feelscomfy:
i would have tortured it and killed it
Don't cut yourself on that edge.

Last edited:
You should have burned the body

Little incel bird was too weak for this cruel world. :cryfeels:

Man that's pretty cool. Can you post some photos of them? :feelscomfy:

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

normally they dont come out to get the food until 2-3 am in the morning being nocturnal and all so might not be able to get pics without scaring em off

@Wizard32 you've recently had some interesting ideas about birds. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
Yes, had a similar experience to OP about a year ago and here is how it went for me.

A mother bunny had burrowed under a tree and had a half-dozen baby bunnies there.

Basically noticed it when I was pulling some grass which had come up around it.

Was worried about neighborhood cats going after them so I built kind of a makeshift fence around the tree but left openings so mom could get in.

I couldn't tell if the mom would come back so was worried the babies would starve so I pulled up some dandelions (I used a plastic bag to avoid getting my scent on them) and left their stems on top of the entrance where they could be easily pulled in and chewed.

Things unfortunately took a turn for the worse because unbeknownst to me the babies had ventured outside of this fence, and I accidentally stepped on one when I was taking the garbage out. It was a horrible thing to watch, it was limping around going into spasms and ultimately laid down.

If my decency overwhelmed my guilt I would've gone over and stomped it to make sure it was dead and not suffering, but I didn't want to deal with the guilt of "what if it got better?" so I basically just picked it up (with a bag, again to avoid scent) and left it by the tree-nest hoping the mom would come tend to it and continued emptying the garbage.

Came back in about 20 minutes and noticed it hadn't moved from where I laid it. I was pretty sure it had stopped breathing and had died, I must've broken it's back or something when I stepped on it.

Just to make sure (in case it was truly suffering, I was confident at this point if it wasn't dead that it wouldn't survive this) when I was wrapping the body for disposal I (with plastic bag around so nothing got on me) did a head-twist. There was no movement/response so I'm pretty sure it was already dead. I should've done this from the getgo to lessen it's suffering but I was too much of an optimistic pussy.

I didn't cry or anything (maybe a little welly/misty) but I was feeling like shit the rest of the night and days after... had spent days nurturing those bunnies and then I go and kill one because I waited until dark to take out the trash. It probably would've been slightly less upsetting if I hadn't gotten attached to them and had just ignored them. I wish I had taken out the trash earlier, then they probably wouldn't have been out of their dens and I might've seen that one that got underfoot.

The worst thing is it wasn't just lying there, it was like adjacent to me and I saw it hop out from beside me and right under me but I couldn't react in time. I was saying like "no no no no no" over and over like if I spilled pop on my keyboard or something, but obviously it felt worse.

Last edited:
Really ironic seeing this thread since my Dad tried to save a baby bird himself about a month or so ago. It was basically the same situation -- the nest the baby bird was in fell apart, and my Dad ended up putting the nest back together inside a woven basket. My Dad left the baby bird in the grass since the mother was nearby (he also read about leaving the bird alone in situations like this), but the little guy didn't make it either. My Dad and I are both animal lovers, and we were heartbroken when we found out it didn't make it to the next morning. You gave it your best, man.