Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Was told I was "too lean"

KingOfRome

KingOfRome

Buff Auschwitz Escapee
-
I've been maintaining ~10% body fat (9% according to the Navy tape test and 8% according to the YMCA tape test, but 10-12% seems more likely judging by the mirror) for some time now. In fact, I've been very slowly getting leaner, though not enough to register on the tape tests as a significant difference that would change my body fat estimates. At this body composition, I have high vascularity on the arms and some on the legs, a shoulder striation here and there, a pronounced v-taper, and slightly sunken cheeks. An adult's small shirt is generally slightly loose on me around the waist, so I have to wear children's shirts to not have that "hanging" effect (thank you, American vanity sizing).

"You look like an alien." My mother said that to me yesterday. She also told me I need to gain 20 pounds of fat -- not 20 pounds in general, but fat specifically -- to look ideal. According to my calculations, this would put me at 20% body fat, which is borderline clinical obesity. A 20 pound weight gain would also put my BMI at around 27, which is clinically overweight, as opposed to my healthy BMI of 24. Now, why would I need to gain 20 pounds of fat to look human? I asked this. One, my arms are too vascular and defined, and my wrists are too thin. (Yes, bluepillers, people do notice skinny wrists.) My face also looks malnourished, my legs are skinny, and my v-taper is too pronounced; basically cartoonish.

Now, I've been 20% body fat. I've also been 15% body fat. I look even worse at those percentages. At 20% fat, I have a shapeless moon face, hanging belly fat, a muffin top, a sagging chest, and thunder thighs. My wrists are still skinny, too, since as it turns out, getting fat doesn't make your bones bigger. 15% is, as you would imagine, somewhere between this and my current 10%, roughly the same shape as 10% but with the softness and lacking definition of 20%.

Does anyone else have family trying to make them look even worse on purpose? I have enough trouble looking decent as it is; I don't need to bloat back up to a skinny-fat 20% body fat and hide the few decent features I have behind lard.

Can you post a picture of body that would be 20% bf

I don’t really have that problem. I don’t understand why would your mother tell you that

Most Americans are overweight/diabetic lul why listen to them

Dude, the opinion of your mother doesn't count jackshit.
It's the looks from actual foids that count.
If I listened to my parents I'd look like this.
funny-nerd-geek-have-idea-260nw-492607711.jpg

ignore retards and stop bragging

you are angering the fatties lol. its always the fatties telling me this or retards

Being lean is fucking volcel. Idk what else problems you got, but at least bulk up.

Can you post a picture of body that would be 20% bf
dadbodd.jpg

I know. When I told her 20 more pounds would put me well into the overweight BMI category, she told me BMI was bullshit. (Coincidentally, she's borderline obese BMI herself and estimates herself to be an athletic 20% body fat despite her sizable spare tire.)

Being lean is fucking volcel. Idk what else problems you got, but at least bulk up.
24 BMI at 10% body fat is already pretty muscular man

Last edited:
I know. When I told her 20 more pounds would put me well into the overweight BMI category, she told me BMI was bullshit. (Coincidentally, she's borderline obese BMI herself and estimates herself to be an athletic 20% body fat despite her sizable spare tire.)
My mom has been both chubby and on a diet for most of her life, with the only exception of when she met my dad, at that time she was skinny.
Anytime we talk about my weight she tries to get me underweight.
For me she is the walking definition of eating disorder.

I've been maintaining ~10% body fat (9% according to the Navy tape test and 8% according to the YMCA tape test, but 10-12% seems more likely judging by the mirror) for some time now. In fact, I've been very slowly getting leaner, though not enough to register on the tape tests as a significant difference that would change my body fat estimates. At this body composition, I have high vascularity on the arms and some on the legs, a shoulder striation here and there, a pronounced v-taper, and slightly sunken cheeks. An adult's small shirt is generally slightly loose on me around the waist, so I have to wear children's shirts to not have that "hanging" effect (thank you, American vanity sizing).

"You look like an alien." My mother said that to me yesterday. She also told me I need to gain 20 pounds of fat -- not 20 pounds in general, but fat specifically -- to look ideal. According to my calculations, this would put me at 20% body fat, which is borderline clinical obesity. A 20 pound weight gain would also put my BMI at around 27, which is clinically overweight, as opposed to my healthy BMI of 24. Now, why would I need to gain 20 pounds of fat to look human? I asked this. One, my arms are too vascular and defined, and my wrists are too thin. (Yes, bluepillers, people do notice skinny wrists.) My face also looks malnourished, my legs are skinny, and my v-taper is too pronounced; basically cartoonish.

Now, I've been 20% body fat. I've also been 15% body fat. I look even worse at those percentages. At 20% fat, I have a shapeless moon face, hanging belly fat, a muffin top, a sagging chest, and thunder thighs. My wrists are still skinny, too, since as it turns out, getting fat doesn't make your bones bigger. 15% is, as you would imagine, somewhere between this and my current 10%, roughly the same shape as 10% but with the softness and lacking definition of 20%.

Does anyone else have family trying to make them look even worse on purpose? I have enough trouble looking decent as it is; I don't need to bloat back up to a skinny-fat 20% body fat and hide the few decent features I have behind lard.
Yes. My family ruins my diet occasionally and fucks up my exercise and Meditation routine.

My mom has been both chubby and on a diet for most of her life, with the only exception of when she met my dad, at that time she was skinny.
Anytime we talk about my weight she tries to get me underweight.
For me she is the walking definition of eating disorder.
Funnily enough, when my parents were dating, my dad was a skinny distance runner. When he "grew up" and inevitably got fat from not burning off entire full-course meals practicing for races, one of the first things she'd attack him for during fights was his weight. Despite being overweight herself.

It's really annoying when people want to lose weight just enough to complain about their weight all the time, but not enough to actually lose it. Personally, I have a lot more respect for people who are fat and don't care than people who are fat and constantly whine about it. Either lose the weight or don't, JFL. Stop fence-sitting.

Loled tbh, i never trusted my parents when it comes to looks.

Post a pic of your body now or maybe a reference pic of a body close to yours now.

dadbodd.jpg

24 BMI at 10% body fat is already pretty muscular man
Fat Relatives often go out of way to fuck over Truecels self improvement so they can continually feel better about themselves and gaslight em. These types of garbage people are all too common.

Post a pic of your body now or maybe a reference pic of a body close to yours now.
Selfies are off-limits on this forum, but if you image search "swimmer body", you'll have a decent idea.

That's actually a decent body for twenty percent BF. Ive seen guys who are below 15 percent with worse looking bodies.
He has a good frame and at least average musculature. The picture was also taken in a good natural lighting. Angle and lighting make a huge impact on how your body looks in a picture, especially your abs. Sometimes, the right light and angle can make the difference between abs that are impressive and abs that are barely visible. You're doing really well composition-wise if you have visible abs in suboptimal lighting.

childrens clothes :feelskek:

20% bf clinically overweight excuse me bullshit thats below non athlete health zone

IM NOT FAT :soy:

Looking at your stats it says bmi is bullshit for bodybuilders your almost overweight at 10% bf YOU ARE RIPPED keep er goin

I understand how family can fuck you up most of my family is obese and were the reason I was as a kid but when I stopped wanting to eat a crap ton of their unhealthy food and gymcelled I was depressed apparantly

dont ever listen to normies on health advice they are retarded and either get it from the news or snapchat

still funny America is so fat you have to wear kids clothes JFL
487755E7 7C61 4A3F 9C52 A5AEC2024ACE

Last edited:

My mom would tell me the same thing when I was skinny..it's because she's insecure of herself being flabby and fat.

"If there's time to lean, there's time to clean." - some manager somewhere.

childrens clothes :feelskek:

20% bf clinically overweight excuse me bullshit thats below non athlete health zone

IM NOT FAT :soy:

Looking at your stats it says bmi is bullshit for bodybuilders your almost overweight at 10% bf YOU ARE RIPPED keep er goin

I understand how family can fuck you up most of my family is obese and were the reason I was as a kid but when I stopped wanting to eat a crap ton of their unhealthy food and gymcelled I was depressed apparantly

dont ever listen to normies on health advice they are retarded and either get it from the news or snapchat

still funny America is so fat you have to wear kids clothes JFL
View attachment 171861
Thanks for the encouragement. I feel much better at 10% than I ever did at 15% or 20%, and I really don't feel bad about having to wear kid's clothes for the best fit, they're cheaper anyway, and an adult's small still looks okay. I couldn't even do a basic couch-to-5k program before hitting 15% fat -- apparently, dad forgot to give me his distance runner's genes.

Thanks for the encouragement. I feel much better at 10% than I ever did at 15% or 20%, and I really don't feel bad about having to wear kid's clothes for the best fit, they're cheaper anyway, and an adult's small still looks okay. I couldn't even do a basic couch-to-5k program before hitting 15% fat -- apparently, dad forgot to give me his distance runner's genes.
you should probably stop exercising though to be honest unless you don't care about dying early it is bad for your heart if even at lean you can't get a date then just go for longevity but you say you feel better lean so why not

but when the US collapses you will not survive the famine or plague and I will just burn off my excess layer of fat and survive to get all the leftover pussy from all the male deaths :dab:

you should probably stop exercising though to be honest unless you don't care about dying early it is bad for your heart if even at lean you can't get a date then just go for longevity but you say you feel better lean so why not

but when the US collapses you will not survive the famine or plague and I will just burn off my excess layer of fat and survive to get all the leftover pussy from all the male deaths :dab:
Not being a big fat fuck and dying earlier is better.

I'll use my guns and muscles to take the food and medicine I need. :feelsokman:

Not being a big fat fuck and dying earlier is better.
The ideal longevity body is skinny and small. Being buff and being fat both shorten your life, but being fat shortens it even more and makes the time you do have worse.

I'm 76kg 183cm but 20% bf and gyno. It's not worth it to gain fat you when you currently have something beautiful at 10%, just ignore people like that, there are people around me who say that i lost too much weight even when i try to explain them what is body fat, how my body currently looks and how i want it to be but they simply don't care, my mother calls me mentally ill for losing this amount of weight but she used to call me fat pig when i was obese, you will never satisfy those people so just don't bother.