Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Was school the same in the late 90s-early 2000s for incels?

ordinaryotaku

ordinaryotaku

Rotting collegecel. Women hate me for existing.
★★★★★
Just wondering.

@"A Good Friend"

Main difference is it was very easy to be bluepilled. Most incels had shitty parents and only had tv to raise them, which was bluepilled as fuck.

I mean there was less social media so maybe lower standards but also less bullying awareness so must of been rough for nerds/incels

Without social media? Doubt it. Just watch American Pie, and see how much virgins could have back then.

I was in elementary school in the early 2000s and had older cousins in high school. There was still a hierarchy with Chad and Stacey at the top and incels at the bottom. Technology and the way we interact may change but for the most part people treat each other as they always have.

km107 said:
Main difference is it was very easy to be bluepilled. Most incels had shitty parents and only had tv to raise them, which was bluepilled as fuck.

Yeah, this. It was mostly the same - 20% of guys got all the femoid attention, etc. Normies tried to be like chad (and failed) and incels hung around together on the outskirts. The main difference was everyone was bluepilled. Being a WK was basically the norm for guys. In fact if you weren’t a WK then people hated you. Anything with a vagina was treated like gold, anything with a penis and not tall/athletic/handsome was treated like shit.

Since the internet created more and more subcultures, there are more woke people (and more crazies/SJWs). And obviously internet dating/Tinder completes the feminist dream of only having to fuck chad.

I graduated high school in 2005, so I obviously went to school in the late 90s an early 2000s.

The problem is, I can't answer this question accurately.  You're asking if it's the same now as it was then.  How am I supposed to know exactly what school is like in 2018 when I graduated 13 years ago?  The best I can do is guess based on what the current teenagers seem like.

All I can tell you is that there were obviously less SJWs, there were no smartphones, and there wasn't social media.  Also kids these days seem generally more political than back when I was a kid.   Obviously that's all just common sense though, but other than that I can't really compare.

It's worse now with social media and shitty left-wing politics dominating everything young people do, but it certainly wasn't a cakewalk by any means. And most people had the internet back then.

But I mean even go back to the 50's and it wouldn't have been much better. Femoids were all chasing quarterback Chad or greaser Chad.

it was probably all the same until the social media or even dating app age

then it changed drastically

ordinaryotaku said:
Just wondering.

Nowadays as a result of social media everyone (reasonably popular) at school is connected. You dont have to be in the same class/sport or have a mutual friend to meet new people anymore. This makes it easier for the attractive/popular (lets face it they're one and the same) to float to the top and form cliques. From oldcels I have talked to irl, there was chances for guys to get laid simply because the girl had nobody else. With social media, she knows of and can hit up chad anytime.

At the same time though, rumors spread much faster, and people you never had the chance to meet in real life have an opportunity to judge you based on what they have before meeting (your looks+opinions of you). Back then there were still horrid rumors for sure, but they spread slower and you had the chance to show your character.

I think precolumbine it was a bit worse though, as bullying and mental health of students was not taken too serious

mylifeistrash said:
it was probably all the same until the social media or even dating app age
then it changed drastically

Those inventions have totally changed the game.

Yes.

I was bullied hard in school because of my ugliness back then.

School = raw human nature, before humans eventually learn to put on social masks and be fake.

Notice how the pecking order in school is directly related to looks and athleticism.

RREEEEEEEEE said:
Without social media? Doubt it. Just watch American Pie, and see how much virgins could have back then.

It was easier back then if anything.
>Everyone dressed like shit (cargo pants/baggy jeans, frosted tips etc)
>People lost their virginities earlier
>Women weren't as good with makeup, so chads only went for the top 20% of women as opposed to 80% of the women.

Average age for virginity loss has went up from 17years to 18.4 years in the last decade.

It was worse back then.

I don't know if everyone is familiar with this but back in those days computers didn't yet hit mainstream. Basically if you were into anything computer-related, you were omega nerd. Or at least that's how I was. There weren't any online dating sites (and those that were didn't actually have girls but only bots in them), and before you scoff and say "well those aren't of any help now, are they?" I'd like to just point out that even if they aren't any good for us, some people who are ugly but have good texting skills have at times managed to hook up, and some of them are people who would never dare do that in person due to social anxiety.

It was bad enough in the early 90s, things only get worse for incels of the next generation.

VST said:
It was easier back then if anything.
>Everyone dressed like shit (cargo pants/baggy jeans, frosted tips etc)
>People lost their virginities earlier
>Women weren't as good with makeup, so chads only went for the top 20% of women as opposed to 80% of the women.

Average age for virginity loss has went up from 17years to 18.4 years in the last decade.
It's over for non-AmericanPiecels.

A little less hypergamous, but other guys would still treat you like shit.

Hard to say, but school was always brutal from the 90's on for non-Chads and femoids.

I was in elementary school at the time (98-2006). It was terrible even then. Girls gravitated to older guys, drops outs, and the Chads in your class. I knew it was over even back then.

I was born 1990. In my experience it was better. Since 2001 and the World Trade Center incident everyone became so scared and frightened. Before it happend people seemed more relaxed and chill. I also feel like the arrogance and entitlement of people wasn't as bad. Women weren't infected with feminism and acted more feminine.

When it comes to bullying i would say it was the same. But i noticed that in the past there was a tight social structure and everyone knew his place and as long as you hung out with your people the chads and stacies would let you in peace most of the time. Nowadays everyone wants fuck everyone up behind their back or otherwise, no one wants to grant someone some degree of success. Hell even parents complain and fight with teachers just so that their low iq children who are dumb as fuck can get a better grade even if they dont deserve it.

More or less the same or even worse, with integration of Internet in daily life, people who are still going through puberty can boost a little their height with a simple internet search or even be blackpilled early, I wish I did more dedicated internet research and determination more than 10 years ago.

Bullying? Even with the awareness shit, people would listen but they wouldn't try to understand, I guess it's probably the same or even worse and there's social media bullying.

grayjedi90 said:
I was born 1990. In my experience it was better. Since 2001 and the World Trade Center incident everyone became so scared and frightened. Before it happend people seemed more relaxed and chill. I also feel like the arrogance and entitlement of people wasn't as bad. Women weren't infected with feminism and acted more feminine.

When it comes to bullying i would say it was the same. But i noticed that in the past there was a tight social structure and everyone knew his place and as long as you hung out with your people the chads and stacies would let you in peace most of the time. Nowadays everyone wants fuck everyone up behind their back or otherwise, no one wants to grant someone some degree of success. Hell even parents complain and fight with teachers just so that their low iq children who are dumb as fuck can get a better grade even if they dont deserve it.

That's what I always thought, I've always thought everything went to shit after 9/11 even though I was almost 2 when it happened.