Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Was reading a lot of ancient religions did believe in reincarnation like in re-rolling religion

W

WizardofSoda

Overlord
★★★★★
Obviously they are always trying to hide what our former religions were.. and only saying ridiculously little about them and trying to bury any information about them.

So it surprised me to learn the ancient religion of my people the British Isles people their Pagan/Druid they did believe in reincarnation. That after death a person would be reborn into this world as another person.

Religion changes your views and with that how people live their lives. For example the Romans noted that the belief in reincarnation it made the Celtic warriors brave. (obviously they don't want that for people today)

Another example is how you view the environment. People who are going to be reborn again and again in their land, they don't just go and cut all the trees down to make more profits.

I find it interesting the modern Pagans I hear about they never mention the reincarnation that I have heard. Yet is this not basically the core of a religion. Maybe I just didn't hear them saying it or maybe they haven't rediscovered the full religion yet.

Being of Anglo-Saxon descent myself, what you're saying seems interesting. Do you have any more info?

Being of Anglo-Saxon descent myself, what you're saying seems interesting. Do you have any more info?

I haven't read that much yet. But people interested in Paganism were sharing sources from old poems that were still being told in Scandinavia into like the 1200's and survived. And pieces here and there from Roman Empire writing that the implications of what they were saying show parts of the religion.

Something interesting is it looks like a deliberate strategy was done by Christians and even into our day in the universities to suppress what the Pagan religions were in Europe. Including destroying any books that described what the beliefs were.

Something that surprised me is that the Pagan religions appear to be the same as the re-rolling religion I came up with on my own without knowing anything about these Pagan religions. For example I believe reincarnation you can be reincarnated down family lines or at least in the area you are from. I also believe spirits can be reincarnated as animals or animals to people. These seem to be what our ancestors believed too.

With the internet a few people when I searched 'Paganism reincarnation' they were using the same examples so someone finds one interesting thing somewhere and then shares it and it sort of gets collected.

Another big point in my re-rolling religion is the point isn't to escape this world as in other religions, but it is the experiences of this world. Which appears to be what the ancient Pagans believed also.

Obviously they are always trying to hide what our former religions were.. and only saying ridiculously little about them and trying to bury any information about them.

So it surprised me to learn the ancient religion of my people the British Isles people their Pagan/Druid they did believe in reincarnation. That after death a person would be reborn into this world as another person.

Religion changes your views and with that how people live their lives. For example the Romans noted that the belief in reincarnation it made the Celtic warriors brave. (obviously they don't want that for people today)

Another example is how you view the environment. People who are going to be reborn again and again in their land, they don't just go and cut all the trees down to make more profits.

I find it interesting the modern Pagans I hear about they never mention the reincarnation that I have heard. Yet is this not basically the core of a religion. Maybe I just didn't hear them saying it or maybe they haven't rediscovered the full religion yet.
Depending on the specific ancient religion in question, some believed in reincarnation, others did not. Celtic druidism? Reincarnation, yes. :feelsjuice:

TBH, many pre-christian societies did not really believe in any kind of meaningful afterlife. Pre-Exile Judaism for example believed that the dead resided in a dark pit where there was little consciousness or even sense of self. The Sadducees, who were the religious conservatives of their day, rejected any kind of belief in the afterlife. The Greeks also lacked a strong conception of the afterlife, believing that death was the end of conscious existence. Many pagan religions tended to be fatalistic.
Wrong, the ancient Greeks and Romans had Elysium, before then the Sumerians, Babylonians, Egyptians, and ancient Persians. Christians are not unique in regard to heaven or life after death. :feelsjuice:

I haven't read that much yet. But people interested in Paganism were sharing sources from old poems that were still being told in Scandinavia into like the 1200's and survived. And pieces here and there from Roman Empire writing that the implications of what they were saying show parts of the religion.

Something interesting is it looks like a deliberate strategy was done by Christians and even into our day in the universities to suppress what the Pagan religions were in Europe. Including destroying any books that described what the beliefs were.

Something that surprised me is that the Pagan religions appear to be the same as the re-rolling religion I came up with on my own without knowing anything about these Pagan religions. For example I believe reincarnation you can be reincarnated down family lines or at least in the area you are from. I also believe spirits can be reincarnated as animals or animals to people. These seem to be what our ancestors believed too.

With the internet a few people when I searched 'Paganism reincarnation' they were using the same examples so someone finds one interesting thing somewhere and then shares it and it sort of gets collected.

Another big point in my re-rolling religion is the point isn't to escape this world as in other religions, but it is the experiences of this world. Which appears to be what the ancient Pagans believed also.
It also extends well beyond Europe and the Middle East concerning ancient religions, you can find the same in Native American and Meso-American societies as well. The Mayans and Aztecs for example. Then of course there is the cultures of ancient India, China, and Japan as well. :feelsjuice:

It also extends well beyond Europe and the Middle East concerning ancient religions, you can find the same in Native American and Meso-American societies as well. The Mayans and Aztecs for example. Then of course there is the cultures of ancient India, China, and Japan as well. :feelsjuice:

Ya like I mentioned to a person in an Arabian Muslim what was the beliefs of the Arabs before Islam. It sounds like it had a rich interesting religion of djinns and many other folklore creatures. I didn't even think at that time of the afterlife ideas it might have.

Anyway they said oh that was just superstitious boring stuff I know all about that. Ok well what was it, and no one said.

Native Americans is another good example that is right here and yet I do not know anything about the beliefs. All I know is in school they said oh it is they worship crows and streams and stuff. Hell the indigenous people here don't seem to know lol.

Christianity I also wonder about it sounded awesome like war in heaven between angels and angels coming down and interacting and being humans as the war raged here. Demons and things like that, yet why was that edited out seemingly.

When I read the bible I don't know what denomination it was from but there was like only 1.5-2 pages about what I consider religion like angels and demons.

Ya like I mentioned to a person in an Arabian Muslim what was the beliefs of the Arabs before Islam. It sounds like it had a rich interesting religion of djinns and many other folklore creatures. I didn't even think at that time of the afterlife ideas it might have.

Anyway they said oh that was just superstitious boring stuff I know all about that. Ok well what was it, and no one said.

Native Americans is another good example that is right here and yet I do not know anything about the beliefs. All I know is in school they said oh it is they worship crows and streams and stuff. Hell the indigenous people here don't seem to know lol.

Christianity I also wonder about it sounded awesome like war in heaven between angels and angels coming down and interacting and being humans as the war raged here. Demons and things like that, yet why was that edited out seemingly.

When I read the bible I don't know what denomination it was from but there was like only 1.5-2 pages about what I consider religion like angels and demons.
Zoroastrian religion is fascinating and even the Sumerians or Babylonians proceeded well before ancient Persia. There are still Zoroastrians that exist today where a majority of them reside in India. Native American beliefs center more around animism or spirits where an all-encompassing Great Spirit permeates through all of life and living creatures.

While Zoroastrianism is interesting and fascinating to read about it's too wishy-washy for me as it centers around a very utopian theme revolving around an eternal battle of good and evil which they interpret in literal form. I find such sentiments too simplistic. Probably the most interesting ancient religion I align myself with would be druidism, there's no single ancient belief structure quite like it. :feelsjuice:

Last edited:
Zoroastrian religion is fascinating and even the Sumerians or Babylonians proceeded well before ancient Persia. There are still Zoroastrians that exist today where a majority of them reside in India. Native American beliefs center more around animism or spirits where an all-encompassing Great Spirit permeates through all of life and living creatures.

While Zoroastrianism is interesting and fascinating to read about it's too wishy-washy for me as it centers around a very utopian theme revolving around an eternal battle of good and evil which they interpret in literal form. I find such sentiments too simplistic. Probably the most interesting ancient religion I align myself with would be druidism, there's no single ancient belief structure quite like it. :feelsjuice:

Ya I'm not personally into the idea of a great spirit encompassing everything, but other people like it so it works for them, and I wouldn't mind reading more into those out of curiosity even if its not my personal religion.

I don't know much about the Druidism but I really like folklore/fantasy things and now with the reincarnation ideas I am a lot more interested.

Something I've learned in my studies of science over the years is you have to read the source documents yourself and go through it. Then it is interesting to read other peoples interpretations of them and things they point out you might not have thought about.

In my reading of the medical literature over the years, I read the studies myself.

Ya I'm not personally into the idea of a great spirit encompassing everything, but other people like it so it works for them, and I wouldn't mind reading more into those out of curiosity even if its not my personal religion.

I don't know much about the Druidism but I really like folklore/fantasy things and now with the reincarnation ideas I am a lot more interested.

Something I've learned in my studies of science over the years is you have to read the source documents yourself and go through it. Then it is interesting to read other peoples interpretations of them and things they point out you might not have thought about.

In my reading of the medical literature over the years, I read the studies myself.
A reference for the ancient druid structure of reincarnation. :feelsjuice:

The Book of Taliesin

I was in many forms
before I became free...
I was a narrow, blood-stained sword;
I believe that when I was made
I was drops in the air
looking up at the stars,
a word in a letter.
I was a primeval book;
for a year and a half
I was lanterns of light.
I was a bridge spanning
sixty river mouths.
I was a hunter's course,
an eagle;
I was a coracle
in the waters.
I was fizz in a brew
laying men low;
a drop in a shower of rain.
A sword in hand I was,
shield in battle.
For many years
I was a string in a phantom harp.
Foam on water,
spark in a fire.
A log in a blaze.
I am not but that I sing,
I sang since I was a small lad.
At the Battle of the Trees
I sang in the van
before the King of Britain.
I goaded on horses,
fleet of foot.
I fermented fleets
laden with merchandise.
I pierced a scaly monster.
A hundred heads it had,
one mighty host
under the base of its tongue,
another lurking
in the ridges of its neck;
a black-groined toad
with a hundred claws.
Then a variegated, ridged serpent
a hundred souls are tortured
in the folds of its flesh.
I was at the Castle of Nefenhir
when trees and grass
were locked in combat.
Minstrels sang, armies collided.
Trees rose up
before the waver of a magic wand.
We called upon Neifion,
upon Christ from the first causes
so that the Lord would redeem
what he had made.
The Lord answered through the people
and the earth:
"Conjure up majesic trees",
(through him)
"in great numbers
and resist the mob".
When trees were conjured up,
there came a mighty, bounteous host:
hope itself approached.
Plucked out of four kinds of strings
in battle they fell
three battle weary whelps.
The battle-cry racked a woman's heart,
tortured by grief.
Like flaxen tips
the maiden's hair,
the spoils of the heifer of unrest.
They did not succeed
in dispersing us
what with the blood of men
up to our thighs.
The biggest of the Three Bloodbaths,
this, in the history of the world:
one was the outcome of the Flood,
the second was when Christ was crucified
With the Day of Judgement near at hand.
The alder at the front line foraged first.
Then, late for the fray,
came the willow and the rowan-tree.
The prickly blackthorn with bubbling zest,
the blackberry, its royal equal,
taking the position of the heir-apparent
in the thick of the fray.
Rose bushes now ventured forth
with venom against a host.
The rasberry came forming a circle
for the defense of life.
Now privet and honeysuckle,
ivy in its prime,
then the surge of the giant gorse.
Cherry trees had sounded the alarm;
With great pomp was the birch-tree there
donning its armour, not out of cowardice
lingering there, but decking herself for the occasion.
Almond trees arose, exotic trees with foreign nature.
Pine trees took over the centre of the hall:
in the chair of honour did the oak-tree
cut a dash before kings.
Then the lime-tree in all its splendour,
not flinching one foot,
cutting them down left, right and centre.
Hazel trees were now deemed worthy for the fray.
Blessed be the privet, battle-bullock,
king of the world.
Beeches excelled on sea and estuary.
The holly has put forth leaves anew,
now at its best revelling in its battle-cry,
terror dealt from its hand.
A burst of bryony...
it has broken its ranks;
bracken's swell, broom heading for battle
in the furrows of wounding.
Gorse the farmer's bane,
yet were they gathered together.
Heather was deft & victorious,
your warriors all bewitched.
The black-cherry in hot pursuit;
the oak rushing headlong...
before it heaven & earth did shake.
Borage, inveterate fighter,
its name is on the tablets.
The convocation of elms caused terror,
they rebuffed all onslaughts
whenever their defences were breached.
The pear-tree wreaked havock
on the field of battle.
The thorn-apple was awesome,
its advance was constant.
The thrust of the chesnut
put pine-trees to shame.
Jet is wont to be black;
The mountain curved.
Trees are usually slim.
More powerful are high seas.
Since I sensed the time of year
the tips of birches have covered us over,
have undone winter's dying.
The tops of oaks have ensared us
through the Gwarchan of Maeldderw.
Rock-face laughs
the lord is in full battle array.
I was not born of father or mother.
My blood, my creation
stems from the nine forms of essence
From fruition,
from the fruits of the earth,
from the first fructification of God.
From primroses,
flowers of the heights,
flowers of trees & shrubs,
from soil, from earth, was I made;
from nettle-flowers,
from the water of the ninth wave.
Math conjured me up
before I became the gifted one,
Gwydion witched me,
the great Brython king,
& so did Eurwys & Euron,
yes, Euron & Modron
& a hundred & fifty wizards.
Learned men like Math fashioned me.
A chieftain created me
when he was half burnt.
Wizard's ways conjured me up
before the beginning of the world:
before its inhabitation was mine,
before its extent was made.
The gift of a fine poet made us all.
In song do I abide
by what the tongue utters.
I played in the hearthlight,
I slept in purple.
I was in battle array
with Dylan the scion of the wave;
in the encirclement
right in the centre of things:
upon the knees of kings.
Like two inordinate spears
did they come from heaven
to the torrents of Annwfn:
to battle do they come
eighty thousand strong.
And I pierced them through
for all their aggression.
They are no older or younger than me
in their attrition.
The vigour of a thousand men was mine,
the cleaving of all around.
On my silvery sword,
the blood of nobles flows towards me.
Through the instigation of a lord,
through a craven's will
in his haunt a boar was killed.
He made things, he unmade them.
He made languages.
Radiant is his name.
Llwch, he leads a host.
"When I come sparks fly high".
I was a multicoloured serpent on a hill,
a viper in a lake.
I was a sword in the hands of princes.
I was a spit.
These are my cloak and cauldron:
I am well-prepared.
It brings eighty whiffs of smoke to all.
A hundred slave girls
are the value of my knife.
Six golden horses
are a thousand times better.
My light chestnut horse
is as fleet as a seagull.
I was not taken aback
on sea and shore.
I have caused carnage,
the blood of a hundred men
is on my hands.
My shield is studded with gems,
my shield-strap is gold.
In the gap was not born
a name so dear to me
but Gronw from
the meadows of Edrywy.
My fingers are long and white,
far from a shepherd was I reared;
I rolled on the ground
before I became a proficient.
I traversed, I went round them,
I slept on a thousands islands
I took a hundred forts.
Wize druids, prophesy to Arthur
what will be, what is,
what was once to be perceived:
the story of the flood,
Christ's crucifixion
With Judgement Day at hand.
We would extol in golden tones.
I would conjure up shrubs.
For I am wanton
with the prophesy of Virgil.

Thanks I am going to enjoy reading these.