Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Was Inceldom a thing in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s?

BasedSaiyanCel2002

BasedSaiyanCel2002

The Based Saiyan Incel
★★★★
Obviously, men who are virgins despite not wanting to be is a tale as old as time but did it have an actual name assigned to it back in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s? I was born in 2002 so I'll never know what that time period was like but for Cels older than me could you please educate a younger Cel on if there was a term for it back then? If so, what was it and how does it compare to the terminology that we're all familiar with today?

Yes, actually there was a sport called roping (it got cancelled some time ago, tough times indeed).

Yes but on a much smaller scale

Yes but on a much smaller scale
How did the Inceldom of those days differ from the Inceldom of today? Or was it called something else back then?

How did the Inceldom of those days differ from the Inceldom of today? Or was it called something else back then?
It was much rarer, and less virgin shaming cuz social media wasn't a huge part of everybody's lives. The term "incel" was coined recently, but the phenomenon has always existed

Last edited:
the concept has always been around but i think the word is newer. in fact i read the word was invented by a hole claiming to be incel.

but the black pill was nowhere near as widespread. it’s the only reason i didn’t give up on life earlier, i was blue pilled into my mid 20’s

Obviously, men who are virgins despite not wanting to be is a tale as old as time but did it have an actual name assigned to it back in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s? I was born in 2002 so I'll never know what that time period was like but for Cels older than me could you please educate a younger Cel on if there was a term for it back then? If so, what was it and how does it compare to the terminology that we're all familiar with today?
I think so, but I think many guys were able to eventually ascend as they got older, only the truly bottom of the barrel men stayed that way. I would attribute todays critical mass of incels with the rise of the internet, phones and dating apps. It sends foids into a hyper sexual selection mode with no checks and balances, Chad is just a swipe away so why settle for less?

back then incels were labeled gay

Yes, they were called "virgins".