Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Wageslavecel:"I used to think Antiwork was pathetic, and often wondered why it even existed."

G

guaucel

Major
★★★★★
"Then, I moved halfway across the country for an entry-level engineering position, getting paid at an hourly rate, and also being paid quite less than average entry level salary. (This was after graduating in 2019 and being unemployed for nearly a year, working at grocery stores and warehouses in between before the pandemic hit.)
I signed a year long lease in an apartment complex with extremely marked up rates due to an extremely poor location in regards to the housing market.
Four months into that lease, I was fired from my job, because the HR department “made a mistake” in hiring me, expecting more than entry level quality work out of a 22 year old engineer.
I moved to my third location in the span on 4 months - back with my parents, in bumfuck Trump country, currently listening to my parents complain about how Biden is gonna ruin this country, on the hook for the rest of my lease unless it can get picked up by someone else (something tells me that won’t be too soon, or at the very most I’ll be swallowing several further months of that rent). I graduated over a fucking year ago with an engineering degree and I have three months of related experience since then, so explaining that to recruiters has been an absolute blast.
So you know what? I’m at the acceptance point I guess. Fuck this entire fucking system. Burn it all to the fucking ground. I’m about to turn 23 and I’m living with my fucking parents and I have an interview for a truck driving job on Friday.
There’s my rant"

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/jr548c/i_used_to_think_this_sub_was_pathetic_and_often/

Guy was lazy did jack all finding a job after graduation, got into a bad situation and now blames it on capitalism JFL

Guy was lazy did jack all finding a job after graduation, got into a bad situation and now blames it on capitalism JFL

>move across the country for a job
>lazy

Pick one

>move across the country for a job
>lazy

Pick one
Guy gets a degree in engineering then decides to work at a grocery store for a year after.
Let me rephrase, he might not be lazy but he sure is stupid.

Guy gets a degree in engineering then decides to work at a grocery store for a year after.
Not everyone with an engineering degree can easily find an engineering job.

:yes:
Youngcels don't understand how the world works

A degree is not a free job coupon. With how competitive job market has become + economy consistently going to shit + hiring biased towards NT extrovert chads and femoids, I'm not surprised he couldn't find a job.

He needed to pay the bills somehow and couldn't dedicate all his time to job hunting, and so worked in a grocery store.

:yes:
Youngcels don't understand how the world works

A degree is not a free job coupon. With how competitive job market has become + economy consistently going to shit + hiring biased towards NT extrovert chads and femoids, I'm not surprised he couldn't find a job.

He needed to pay the bills somehow and couldn't dedicate all his time to job hunting, and so worked in a grocery store.
They'll find out the brutal reality at some point.

I know a guy who's friends with an hr foid. She also works at a STEM company and told him they get anywhere from 100 to 200 people applying at every single vacant position they put up. They have to filter like crazy based on the tiniest of details because it's so competitive.

Besides if you're a male and not good looking you can be sure that boomer managers and hr foids will discriminate like crazy

+ Low wage curries and others

I know a guy that graduated with a software development engineering degree and in his entry level position he doesn't even get paid despite having been there for 6 months. He asked about getting paid and they still haven't paid him and even if they do it will be less than my low skill job. Lol.

And this is in Finland. They keep saying there are so many ICT jobs available, with software development being #1 but it's probably not that simple, they probably expect hypercompetent people.

It's over for many wageslavecels thanks to the virus lockdowns

But did he even look tho? The info we see just says he went to go work at a grocery store
So when you are on break or sleeping you are a communist?
Were slaves commies for not wanting to work?
Also working doesn't mean capitalism you retard, capitalism often gives much material surplus so where people do not need to work so much.
No of course not, what a silly argument
They worked against their will in horrible conditions, silly argument
I went into the comments of this post and a bunch are about "the system" there is obv some communist overlay

Last edited:
But did he even look tho? The info we see just says he went to go work at a grocery store
I'm sure he spent all those years grinding hard in engineering school with the goal of working at a grocery store and not applying at all for engineering jobs. He also must have moved across the country for the very first job he saw

I'm sure he spent all those years grinding hard in engineering school with the goal of working at a grocery store and not applying at all for engineering jobs
Lol i sound stupid :feelskek:

after wageslaving for several years my opinion is that 90% of the time working hard doesnt pay off and employers always take the piss

Lol i sound stupid :feelskek:
Tbh I bet he didn't mention applying and seeking because 1) most people know you have to do it a lot unless you have connections and 2) it's so incredibly soul crushing and humiliating that he didn't want to mention it

I can tell you myself that I would never ever want to talk about all those countless hours i've spent writing well thought out motivation letters only to get ignored or rejected. It's like how men don't really like to bring up all their rejections with women.

Tbh I bet he didn't mention applying and seeking because 1) most people know you have to do it a lot unless you have connections and 2) it's so incredibly soul crushing and humiliating that he didn't want to mention it

I can tell you myself that I would never ever want to talk about all those countless hours i've spent writing well thought out motivation letters only to get ignored or rejected. It's like how men don't really like to bring up all their rejections with women.
Good point

Try to create something on etsy. I've been there with my friend for years, did not get rich, but can afford decent living nevertheless, though I'm living in gulag country. Recently started a shop for a friend of my friend, and he already got a sale the next day. But it still oging to be tough in the beginning, but if your item is good it'll pick up. There's no better job than crafting stuff with your hands, which you might even care about. The friend who I started a shop for, he's succesful businessman, yet he is extatic to make stuff with his hands on etsy.

"Then, I moved halfway across the country for an entry-level engineering position, getting paid at an hourly rate, and also being paid quite less than average entry level salary. (This was after graduating in 2019 and being unemployed for nearly a year, working at grocery stores and warehouses in between before the pandemic hit.)
I signed a year long lease in an apartment complex with extremely marked up rates due to an extremely poor location in regards to the housing market.
Four months into that lease, I was fired from my job, because the HR department “made a mistake” in hiring me, expecting more than entry level quality work out of a 22 year old engineer.
I moved to my third location in the span on 4 months - back with my parents, in bumfuck Trump country, currently listening to my parents complain about how Biden is gonna ruin this country, on the hook for the rest of my lease unless it can get picked up by someone else (something tells me that won’t be too soon, or at the very most I’ll be swallowing several further months of that rent). I graduated over a fucking year ago with an engineering degree and I have three months of related experience since then, so explaining that to recruiters has been an absolute blast.
So you know what? I’m at the acceptance point I guess. Fuck this entire fucking system. Burn it all to the fucking ground. I’m about to turn 23 and I’m living with my fucking parents and I have an interview for a truck driving job on Friday.
There’s my rant"

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/jr548c/i_used_to_think_this_sub_was_pathetic_and_often/

He’s only 23, he barely has any work experience tbh.