Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Vidya General Thread

PotatoTomato

PotatoTomato

Overlord
★★★★★
I have decided to create a thread where we can talk about videogames, gaming news, etc. (I don't think there's any thread dedicated to videogames yet).

I'll start by talking about a forgotten PS4 launch title:
Killzone Shadow Fall

It's the sequel to Killzone 3 and it's set in a future where humanity has abandoned earth in search for new planets to colonize. Eventually people settle in two close planets called Vekta and Helghan. Blah blah blah Vekta blows the planet of helghan to smithereens so they give the helghast, their mortal enemies and space nazis, half of the planet of Vekta because they're gigacucks. So KZ SF begins in a sort of cold war situation between the Vektan half of the planet and the New Helghan State.
The story is medíocre with a bland lifeless generic protagonist with a name that I don't recall. Wasted potential! Oh, and the ending was garbage, making all you worked towards meaningless.
The campaign itself is very fun for the first half, with open-ended levels and nice exploration. There is also a cool robot called "OWL" that helps you traverse the terrain, defends you from enemies, destroy's enemy defenses, hacks terminals, etc. But! It's a trainwreck! From the 7th or 8th story mission everything becomes more linear and they start throwing waves and waves of enemies at you to make the game artificially difficulty (because fuck creating interesting bosses with complex behaviours, right?) and I had a miserable time playing. But it gets even worse! The last level is one of the worst things that I've ever played on a PS4. Truly horrible. A shitty stealth mission that doesn't work in any way because the NPCs behave like cockroaches. The enemy AI is really bad, a very frustrating and irritating way of finishing a game.
The campaign, as a whole, is competent, but it really goes from a fantastic beginning that induces hype, to good, to bad and finally, to horrible. Since it ends so badly (both gameplay and story-wise) it might make you unfairly hate the entire single player mode.
Luckily, the game has a multiplayer component that is excellent, with varied maps and cool-looking weapons. It's also gorgeous, one of the best looking games I've played on the PS4 (and it's a launch title!), has a nice OST and gunplay, and runs well, at 60FPS.
Overall, I feel like the game is great, if only for the multiplayer. If the second part of the campaign wasn't shit and if it had an actual good story, it might have been something truly special.
Have you played any Killzone games before?
How do you feel about the series being dead?

Anyway,
Just talk about whatever game/game related stuff you want in whichever way you want
What are you playing?
What are you looking forward to playing?

Games are a cope everyone should have in their arsenal of copes.

Any game you think people should try @Ritalincel?

:feelshehe:

I'm borderline poor so I can't afford new coping games so I just play the same games everyday tbh. Games are truly the best copes

I have decided to create a thread where we can talk about videogames, gaming news, etc. (I don't think there's any thread dedicated to videogames yet).

I'll start by talking about a forgotten PS4 launch title:
Killzone Shadow Fall
View attachment 94543
It's the sequel to Killzone 3 and it's set in a future where humanity has abandoned earth in search for new planets to colonize. Eventually people settle in two close planets called Vekta and Helghan. Blah blah blah Vekta blows the planet of helghan to smithereens so they give the helghast, their mortal enemies and space nazis, half of the planet of Vekta because they're gigacucks. So KZ SF begins in a sort of cold war situation between the Vektan half of the planet and the New Helghan State.
The story is medíocre with a bland lifeless generic protagonist with a name that I don't recall. Wasted potential! Oh, and the ending was garbage, making all you worked towards meaningless.
The campaign itself is very fun for the first half, with open-ended levels and nice exploration. There is also a cool robot called "OWL" that helps you traverse the terrain, defends you from enemies, destroy's enemy defenses, hacks terminals, etc. But! It's a trainwreck! From the 7th or 8th story mission everything becomes more linear and they start throwing waves and waves of enemies at you to make the game artificially difficulty (because fuck creating interesting bosses with complex behaviours, right?) and I had a miserable time playing. But it gets even worse! The last level is one of the worst things that I've ever played on a PS4. Truly horrible. A shitty stealth mission that doesn't work in any way because the NPCs behave like cockroaches. The enemy AI is really bad, a very frustrating and irritating way of finishing a game.
The campaign, as a whole, is competent, but it really goes from a fantastic beginning that induces hype, to good, to bad and finally, to horrible. Since it ends so badly (both gameplay and story-wise) it might make you unfairly hate the entire single player mode.
Luckily, the game has a multiplayer component that is excellent, with varied maps and cool-looking weapons. It's also gorgeous, one of the best looking games I've played on the PS4 (and it's a launch title!), has a nice OST and gunplay, and runs well, at 60FPS.
Overall, I feel like the game is great, if only for the multiplayer. If the second part of the campaign wasn't shit and if it had an actual good story, it might have been something truly special.

Anyway,
Just talk about whatever game/game related stuff you want in whichever way you want
What are you playing?
What are you looking forward to playing?

Did you played the first one? I liked it.

inb4 "try osrs"

I started Undertale yesterday. I played a little bit shortly after launch but I never finished it, so I'm hoping to do one complete playthrough. After that I might try beating touhou 7. I'm also thinking about playing OSRS again but I don't know whether I have the motivation.

Did you played the first one? I liked it.
nah, only played Liberation (the PSP one) and Shadow Fall
might
pirate Mercenary
though

I started Undertale yesterday. I played a little bit shortly after launch but I never finished it, so I'm hoping to do one complete playthrough. After that I might try beating touhou 7. I'm also thinking about playing OSRS again but I don't know whether I have the motivation.
I tried Touhou 6. My brain couldn't keep up at all.
Do you play games like that often?

Any game you think people should try @Ritalincel?

:feelshehe:
if i ever get interested in video games again, ill probably try osrs since he keeps shilling it

I tried Touhou 6. My brain couldn't keep up at all.
Do you play games like that often?
No, I'm not very good at them either. The only other 2hu game I've played is 6 (on normal mode). It's a very good game, but I didn't manage to beat it, even after watching a few playthroughs on youtube. I got as far as stage 4, I think.

Is really no body going to play old school WoW (vanilla) yet old school runescape is being shilled kek

if i ever get interested in video games again, ill probably try osrs since he keeps shilling it
He should be commended for his dedicated shilling.

Fagex built an effective and hard working bot ngl.

He should be commended for his dedicated shilling.

Fagex built an effective and hard working bot ngl.
Includes paid promotion.

PCB really feels a bit easier than the rest. Take a look at MoF too.

I have been playing through all of the old Resident Evil games again (planning on starting the Remake once I finish all of them).
Just done with Nemesis yesterday so I already completed the original PS1 trilogy. Now I'll move onto Code Veronica.
They are amazing games. One of my favorites franchises even if it has its fair share of godawful games.

In the middle of an Oblivion playthrough. As always with Oblivion, I'm not entrely sure if I'm having fun or not. I think the lack of instant gratification in the form of XP makes the game less fun, plus grinding skills with no progress leveling makes shit seem almost boring. I modded out the level scaling, but don't trust people enough not to fuck up the leveling system.

It makes for a good enough adventure game. I mean I'm going through a cave system with some underwater bits in it and the above ground parts are full of trolls and magic items. I went Goblin slaying outside of Skingrad at some point. There's something missing that Skyrim had and I don't know what it is.

Probably gonna play undertale after I finish with Oblivion. I'm playing Oblivion concurrent with FF6 rn.

Im playing Outlast for the first time and its pretty cool

40k games like dawn of war and battlefleet gothic.

used to have many ps3 games but not anymore.
now only play tf2 but havent played more than 45 hours yet tbh...

also lmao at osrs, looks stupid

I keep launching games, staring at the menu, then closing them.

I've been rotting in my dorm and playing CS:GO every single day (hence why I've been a little more inactive these past couple weeks). I never spend too long on games anymore but these last two weeks were the first time that changed in a while- 72 hours on it past 2 weeks.

I like to play Europa universalis 4 it is good for LDARmaxxing

I love bo2 zombies. Ipraise the lord by playing it.
i have 576 hours on it

Playing Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition... Keep restarting because I am an OCD autistic tard and it triggers my OCD, autism and retardation. I think I might actually finish the current playthrough tho.

I've played them all except for the first one on PS2 and Liberation.
In terms of single player mode, my favourite was KZ Mercenary on the Vita, hands down. None of the other games were even half as interesting when it comes to the campaign tbh. You play as a mercenary (what a shocker I know) and get to fight against both ISA and Helghast, depending on who's hiring you at the moment. Your only "ally" is a russian-sounding arms dealer from whom you buy weapons and gadgets.
I probably liked 3 the most in terms of multiplayer, 2 had huge battles with 32 players but those were usually one-sided stomps that weren't all that interesting in the end.

This is an interesting thread.

Right now,I'm playing BeatSaberVr and Persona 2 inncoent sin also I'm waiting for the Nostos relese date to be revealed.

In terms of single player mode, my favourite was KZ Mercenary on the Vita, hands down. None of the other games were even half as interesting when it comes to the campaign tbh.
It was the only one not developed by the main Guerrilla Games studio lol
But now guerrilla has developed Horizon Zero Dawn so I'm sure their storytelling abilities have gone up a notch, and they even have experience developing RPGs
Imagine a Killzone FPSRPG similar to Deus Ex, focusing on espionage during the vektan cold war, with a proper story, choices and consequences
It would be amazing
Unfortunately it looks like the Killzone franchise was abandoned. Sad!

Last edited:
Recommend me some stuff for tonight pls.

Recommend me some stuff for tonight pls.
Free or paid?
I'm currently playing Fallout 76 on the PS4, and I'd recommend it if you liked the exploration aspect of Fallout 4.
Besides that I'm also busy with Danganronpa V3 on the Vita (a murder mistery game) and Dies Irae (VN about occult nazis doing occult nazi stuff).
If you're looking for something free I suggest you check out The Adventures of Captain Spirit (adventure game about a boy being raised by a single father), Lucid9 (thriller visual novel) and Katawa Shoujo (dating sim).

Sorry for my shilling of visual novels but I really like the genre.
My favourite game series are probably Hitman, Deus Ex, Corpse Party, Fallout and Elder Scrolls so definitely check those out. Also, you probably would like a multiplayer game recommendation but I rarely play multiplayer games so I can't give you one.

Anyone here like mafia 2

Anyone here like mafia 2
It was ok, I like the first game better tbh. I can still remember some cool missions like "the whore" or "visiting rich people".

It was ok, I like the first game better tbh. I can still remember some cool missions like "the whore" or "visiting rich people".
I never played first game but second game is pretty good. but it sucks you are not able to play game after finishing all missions

It isnt nice that you cant play the game after finishing the missions.
Yes. that's why I play a chapter again but don't do missions so i can play in open world,rob stores etc.

I play racing simulators. Right now I am learning to drift

I play roguelikes and Doom (old one) with mods. I don't have much to say other than try Nethack someday. I think it's one of the greatest role-playing games ever made. Also try Dungeon Crawl.

Just started downloading CoD Modern Warfare Remastered (it's one of the games on ps+ this month) and
holy fucking shit
75 fucking GB
for a remaster of a game that came out in 2007
this can't be real

I just started playing monster hunter world. The game is a confusing as fuck mess when you start. Like the game doesn't even mention a single goddamn thing about the weapon sharpening system where you have to periodically sharpen your weapon or your damage will be shit. A pretty damn important thing that the game never ever bothers to mention. Hell, the only reason I even knew about it was because I had to google to figure out what the UI elements meant (of course the UI is another thing the game never bothers explaining). They do try to flood you with tutorials, but it is all overwhelming for a person who is a beginner to this series. The intro was a perfect opportunity to ease players into the game but they just made it into some useless bullshit where you just press W for a few minutes. Like wtf was even the point of that.

Anytway I am slowly starting to figure out how to play this game and it appears to be interesting. Interesting enough for me to buy a copy on steam after starting out with the pirated version.

I just started playing monster hunter world.
I also have the game. Only played it for like an hour or two. Not my type of game, I guess.

Bro why did you resurrect this thread
The mods are coming for you for necrobumping!