Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Video games are boring

• Thread starter Deleted member 16359
  • Start date
Deleted member 16359

Deleted member 16359

Certified Driver license cel
-
Just bought a PS4 a month ago but I don't ever use it.I bought god of war ,dmc 5 and old hit games like horizon zero Dawn but it's all just boring.So I decided to buy hard games like dark souls 3,sekiro and bloodborne which would give me a challenge but after facing the "you have died" screen countless times, I don't feel like I'm enjoying it and it feels like a chore.Video games just don't feel the same as it used to when I was a kid,I remember playing the same devil may cry 3 missions over and over again on my ps2 when I was in middle school and I had a blast,I just wanted to have the same feelings again but it's not even there.

its getting harder and harder to escape reality :feelsbadman:

Video games are enjoyable at a young age when you don't know what else there is in life, when you're an adult and know there are many things you're missing out on it makes it hard to be immersed in games when you know other people your age are doing all kinds of shit that you should be doing, but can't, because of things out of your control (being ugly, having autism, etc)

The only vidya I can enjoy anymore is pokemon nuzlocke runs tbh

Not boring, still interested, but not giving full joys, like everything else, without cute adorable loli waifu

I play maybe 1-2 games a year, mostly singleplayer RPGs.

I just can't justify spending time playing them. I feel like there's a big clock pressed against my ear going tick tock and that I need to do something to ascend.

the only game i play daily is TF2

I never really enjoyed video games honestly. I enjoyed Tetris I guess jfl

Just play boomer-tier games, like quake, doom, UT, shadow warrior, etc...

I still enjoy games to an extent, but i hate when singleplayers include anything resembling a romantic relationship between characters.

Video games are becoming harder for me to enjoy as well.

I just want to be able to genuinely enjoy something again.

Time to just end it all if even copes can no longer give you pleasure...

Try the Yakuza series. I've played yakuza 0,1,2 and currently playing the yakuza spin-off "Judgment". all fantastic games and better than most western games IMO. less PC shit as well.

play the batman arkham series tbh ngl ded srs

Was talking to some normie friends at work about gaming and how i'll never by desktop, one guy was like "muh gaming", gaming is pointless, if escapes like gaming still work for you, and its not something you do sporadically to pass the time, you haven't reached the end of the line yet, when you get there gaming feels pointless, every passing hour an alarm goes off in your head and you are stuck thinking its another hour wasted not improving your life, getting intangible achievements in a virtual world only feels like fun when you aren't introspective and/or you have a good life, if your life is shit and you are self aware being a "gamer" is virtually impossible

I can't enjoy any games tbh, maybe a few action rpgs but that's it, haven't played in lik 5 months or so

play the batman arkham series tbh ngl ded srs

Ironically playing the role of a Rich chad who spends his time stopping subhumans from getting revenge on society

I enjoy games less just because I enjoy everything less. The last game I spend a lot of time with was Magic the Gathering Arena.

Today I played Soul Calibur VI and some VR games with a friend. Was kind of comfy. We are both oldschool gamers. However I don't play much nowadays.

Sad shit, man.

Yeah, as a kid, even a Win 95\DOS demo would keep me engrossed for weeks upon weeks. And then 3D graphics kicked off, and later internet gaming! But I got burnt out completely around 08'; I no longer had the attention span to play a single player game, and online shooters were just too frustrating as they were full of haxxers and leet gamers. I suppose that a sequence of timed button presses, which is all games really are, is bound to get boring at some point no matter how much gloss is over the top, especially once your childhood sense of wonder and imagination has gone.
Just play boomer-tier games, like quake, doom, UT, shadow warrior, etc...
All bring back happy memories! Especially the countless hours spent messing around with the Build level editor.

Think about all the times you read the message "You are dead!" in a videogame.
It was not game related. It was the Universe telling you your actual condition. #gameover

Newer video games are trash, it's getting harder and harder every day to cope as a truecel.
R.I.P golden era of gaming/internet, it was all over in ~2008 for hardcoregamercels.

Our dopamine receptors being fried probably also plays a factor :lul: I wanna reroll life and be a kid again.

Last edited:
Anhedonia is a bitch. I suggest to take a time away from videogames, don't force yourself to enjoy something. That's what i'm doing right now.

i took 5 years break from vidya. Now i can enjoy them again.

I still like racing games a lot. But I hardly play any other genre.

I bought a switch and stopped using it after I beat Zelda

fap and vidya were good copes for me for awhile, no I take no pleasure out of either.

Try the Yakuza series

Try the Yakuza series. I've played yakuza 0,1,2 and currently playing the yakuza spin-off "Judgment". all fantastic games and better than most western games IMO. less PC shit as well.
I was watching a playthrough of Judgment and have to agree. Maybe I'm partly a weeb but I'm fascinated with the Japanese take on Yakuza and politics there. Good recommendations.

Same I get older I no longer really enjoy video games anymore, the only reason I play so much is because I have nothing else better to do,it's like I an always wanting to be doing something else and hoping someone will invite to do something, but that rarely happens, so I don't know what do to with my free time. I wish I could spend countless hours on games all day and not have a care in the world about anything else, and actually enjoy it now I feel as if I need to interact with other humans which I don't like doing most of the time.

I would play more games if they'd throw an incel a bone and show some titty once in a while

Just take a break from video games and try to cope with something else.
For me is lifting weights, reading, cycling,whatching movie's, wageslave.

Very boring endeed

I just started playing "the forest" and it felt amazing.

The most valuable commodity on earth is time. When you are a child you feel time rich. Which makes video games buying your time easier. As you age you do not feel time wealthy anymore. So video games are less enjoyable.

Everything has dimished over time

Your just bad at the games

Dead by daylight is the only good video game in 2019

Let's migrate en masse on Mordhau. It's full of "sexist and racist" people online and it's developed by Slovenians so there's like 0% of western feminized cucked pc bullshit. We'll wait for cyberpunk there lol

Just bought a PS4 a month ago but I don't ever use it.I bought god of war ,dmc 5 and old hit games like horizon zero Dawn but it's all just boring.So I decided to buy hard games like dark souls 3,sekiro and bloodborne which would give me a challenge but after facing the "you have died" screen countless times, I don't feel like I'm enjoying it and it feels like a chore.Video games just don't feel the same as it used to when I was a kid,I remember playing the same devil may cry 3 missions over and over again on my ps2 when I was in middle school and I had a blast,I just wanted to have the same feelings again but it's not even there.

Same thing.
Bought a PS4 and played 2 games on it.

I bought Bloodborne and it took me a few months to finish.

Also bought Crash Team Racing recently for the nostalgia and played it for 1 weekend and haven't picked it up since.

we're all getting there
The most valuable commodity on earth is time. When you are a child you feel time rich. Which makes video games buying your time easier. As you age you do not feel time wealthy anymore. So video games are less enjoyable.
everyone agrees that vidya for long periods can become a negative cope if you feel time pressure to do other things. possibly more important things. didn't see someone else touch on this but ultimate the real subject about most things leads to some timeframe. excluding some weird self aware or illusory goal like enlightenment or ascension; basically some metaphorical "i'll get to heaven eventually" goal which is more of a belief system than goal.

is their a point in going that deep when talking about "video games are becoming boring"? x is becoming boring because their are real things more important and the ultimate time frame is the end of consciousness. theirs a limit to what you fill that space with. if you fill it with only vidya you can't put more important things there.
time is the real issue.

I propose we sometimes refer to time as space and space as time when thinking of time in certain ways. only space exists really tbh.

time is a weird perception of things having a relationship with each other determined by space and where they are located in spaced compared to each other. oh and one of those relationships is the beginning of consciousness and the end. age and the decline with "time" is not "times" it's things in space changing relationship...the cells in your body and change of the DNA. objects on the molecular level change position and relationship in space in almost exactly the same way as comets and asteroids. stars -n- sheit. something something Metatron star. time is made up bullshit concept. it's fake.
time is how big little johnys turds are. disavow conceptual time. embrace real time.
I don't know. I just... no more venom. no more shoes.....no more BIG FUCKIN shoes......

Last edited:
you need to tryhard in videos games to cope or find a good rpg

JFL, I'm literally in the exact same situation. Bought a Ps4 a year ago, played on it for 2 months and have not been using it for 10 months now. It's just collecting dust.