Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy Unwanted celibacy is associated with misogynistic attitudes even after controlling for personality

InMemoriam

InMemoriam

Dementiacel
★★★★★

Unwanted celibacy is associated with misogynistic attitudes even after controlling for personality​

KarolinGrunauab Helena E.Bieselta PelinGulac Tom R.Kupferd

aDepartment of Psychology, Health and Technology, University of Twente, the Netherlands
bBehavioural Science Institute, Radboud University, the Netherlands
cDepartment of Sustainable Health (Campus Fryslân), University of Groningen, the Netherlands
dPsychology Department, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom

Received 4 April 2022, Revised 5 August 2022, Accepted 6 August 2022, Available online 16 August 2022, Version of Record 16 August 2022.

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2022.111860

Abstract​

In recent years, involuntary celibates who identify as “Incels” have received considerable public attention because of their misogynistic online discourse and their tie to a string of violent acts motivated by hatred of women. Yet, surprisingly no prior quantitative research has examined whether unwanted celibacy – a subjective psychological experience characteristic of, but not exclusive, to Incels – is associated with misogynistic attitudes among men. The current study (N = 349 men) collected self-report data from a convenience sample of Incel and non-Incel men to investigate whether the degree of unwanted celibacy is associated with misogynistic attitudes. Unwanted celibacy was positively associated with hostile attitudes towards women, sexual objectification and rape myths, even after controlling for personality traits such as agreeableness. These novel quantitative results indicate that unwanted celibacy is an important psychological risk factor for misogynistic attitudes.

Attachments

• soy.pdf
    455.9 KB · Views: 13
Quite the discovery.

Evil Misogynists.

Despite the majority of hate crimes being committed by non-incels... :feelshehe:

Quite odd how most of these studies are extremely biased or inaccurate; there are plenty of coping incels still brainwashed by bluepillers and foids to think they have it just as good as Chad. :feelshaha:

personality wont fix my FACE

Going mainstream just as it should be

me? a misogynist? ok ig.

From the study:

2.2.4.3. Rape myths (RM)​

The 11-item Acceptance of Modern Myths about Sexual Aggression Scale (Gerger et al., 2007) measures participants' tendency to downplay or justify sexual violence committed against women (e.g., It is a biological necessity for men to release sexual pressure from time to time.; α = 0.93).
Apparently it's a "Rape myth" to claim men need sexual release.

2.2.4.4. Rape proclivity (RP)​

Proclivity to rape was measured with 1-item (Malamuth, 1981): I would rape someone if I know that I would not be caught and/or punished.”
In other words, incels were more honest in the survey than normies.

From the study:

Apparently it's a "Rape myth" to claim men need sexual release.

In other words, incels were more honest in the survey than normies.
lol i didn't read that far into this soyness

lol i didn't read that far into this soyness
It's even worse the further you read.

The correlations are weak, but I'm not the sperg type to post a wall of numbers and explain it for people who don't really even care.

It's even worse the further you read.

The correlations are weak, but I'm not the sperg type to post a wall of numbers and explain it for people who don't really even care.
it was written by feminazis after all :shock:

me? a misogynist? ok ig.

Re: replaced go back to ot
UnsourcedAnon
Png

#184096500Sunday, February 21, 2016 2:45 PM CST
"agh its a girl what do i do i cant talk to it" Surely you are not implying that repulsion of female individuals(AKA misogyny) is equivalent to being unable to speak to them? Also, misogyny is entirely necessary. Female individuals suppress the intellectual capabilities of male individuals.
Re: y do ppl think being a feminist is a bad thing
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182590414Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:25 PM CST
"misogynistic jerks" "misogynistic jerks"? Misogyny is actually quite good. Female individuals manipulate society using the presence of an orifice. Society fares very well when female influence is restrained.

Unwanted celibacy is associated with misogynistic attitudes even after controlling for personality​

KarolinGrunauab Helena E.Bieselta PelinGulac Tom R.Kupferd
aDepartment of Psychology, Health and Technology, University of Twente, the Netherlands
bBehavioural Science Institute, Radboud University, the Netherlands
cDepartment of Sustainable Health (Campus Fryslân), University of Groningen, the Netherlands
dPsychology Department, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom

Received 4 April 2022, Revised 5 August 2022, Accepted 6 August 2022, Available online 16 August 2022, Version of Record 16 August 2022.

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2022.111860

Abstract​

In recent years, involuntary celibates who identify as “Incels” have received considerable public attention because of their misogynistic online discourse and their tie to a string of violent acts motivated by hatred of women. Yet, surprisingly no prior quantitative research has examined whether unwanted celibacy – a subjective psychological experience characteristic of, but not exclusive, to Incels – is associated with misogynistic attitudes among men. The current study (N = 349 men) collected self-report data from a convenience sample of Incel and non-Incel men to investigate whether the degree of unwanted celibacy is associated with misogynistic attitudes. Unwanted celibacy was positively associated with hostile attitudes towards women, sexual objectification and rape myths, even after controlling for personality traits such as agreeableness. These novel quantitative results indicate that unwanted celibacy is an important psychological risk factor for misogynistic attitudes.
I don't have to read this to know foids don't actually care about "misogyny".

That's because a few hateful incels like @BlkPillPres ruin it for everyone else

"misogynistic jerks" "misogynistic jerks"? Misogyny is actually quite good. Female individuals manipulate society using the presence of an orifice. Society fares very well when female influence is restrained.
Blackpilled

The emphasis of this forum should be our suffering, not theorizing endlessly about the nature of women. When some users use words like "foid", "rape", etc. then people automatically label is as mysogynistic and discredit all our pain, which is unjust.

As expected, unwanted celibacy was positively associated with
misogynistic attitudes (hostility towards women, sexual objectification,
and rape myths) in a mixed Incel and non-Incel sample, even after
controlling for personality. This novel finding has an important theo-
retical implication, as it suggests that failure to satisfy a fundamental
motive of human existence, namely the motive to acquire a romantic or
sexual partner, contributes to individuals' support for multiple forms of
sexist and misogynistic views.

That's actually interesting. It proves that inceldom is state of being rather than "subculture" or "ideology". Incels who don't know .is make same conclusions.

The emphasis of this forum should be our suffering, not theorizing endlessly about the nature of women. When some users use words like "foid", "rape", etc. then people automatically label is as mysogynistic and discredit all our pain, which is unjust.
absolutely; good riddance, i would't have to hear him or @Edmund_Kemper for that matter talking about raping women anymore
i've also decided to ignore his content altogether, now that he's gone and all, so i don't trip upon his rapey incitations again.

also i find it hypercritical how he ranted and shittalked for so many years about ldar, neets in a tune resembling that of an ableist feminazi
doing so solely out of pure kindness of his little blissful heart to encourage us worthless involuntarily neets and ldarcels to ''self improve''.

interestingly though he never seemed to reach his highest financial potentials despite all of his efforts and sheer persistence :feelsgah:

because in his astonishing words:
I wasn't trying to be moneymaxxed for many years. I only really started to get serious a while after I joined this forum (so it's been about 4 years). I can say that I've probably only been really serious for about 3 years. Also opportunities and ideas don't just appear when you want them to.

Lastly, stats show that the average man doesn't reach his financial peak until the age of 35. I'm in my 20's. If an incel is in his 20's he has basically a decade plus (or slightly less depending on what end of that range he's in). But that's a lot of time before he "misses the deadline".

Even if I passed that deadline I still wouldn't stop, because what else of importance am I doing with my time?

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

u mean when a thing treats you bad you learn to dislike the thing?

the fucked up thing is this is a study at all and the more fucked up thing is nobody thinks about who the actual victim is

What IT retards get from this study:

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/IncelTear/comments/xx63h3/unwanted_celibacy_is_linked_to_hostility_towards/

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/IncelTear/comments/xx63h3/unwanted_celibacy_is_linked_to_hostility_towards/ira6hnn/

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/IncelTear/comments/xx63h3/unwanted_celibacy_is_linked_to_hostility_towards/iraj33i/

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/IncelTear/comments/xx63h3/unwanted_celibacy_is_linked_to_hostility_towards/iraqbx3/

Meanwhile in reality:

The study concludes that “This novel finding has an important theoretical implication, as it suggests that failure to satisfy a fundamental motive of human existence, namely the motive to acquire a romantic or sexual partner, contributes to individuals’ support for multiple forms of sexist and misogynistic views.”

Just lol, not even their feminist soy "researchers" support the delusion that misogyny leads to inceldom :feelskek:

What IT retards get from this study:

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/IncelTear/comments/xx63h3/unwanted_celibacy_is_linked_to_hostility_towards/

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/IncelTear/comments/xx63h3/unwanted_celibacy_is_linked_to_hostility_towards/ira6hnn/

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/IncelTear/comments/xx63h3/unwanted_celibacy_is_linked_to_hostility_towards/iraj33i/

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/IncelTear/comments/xx63h3/unwanted_celibacy_is_linked_to_hostility_towards/iraqbx3/

Meanwhile in reality:

The study concludes that “This novel finding has an important theoretical implication, as it suggests that failure to satisfy a fundamental motive of human existence, namely the motive to acquire a romantic or sexual partner, contributes to individuals’ support for multiple forms of sexist and misogynistic views.”

Just lol, not even their feminist soy "researchers" support the delusion that misogyny leads to inceldom :feelskek:

Typical IT moment ; zero reading and comprehensive skills, fuck if i know this thread will trigger their soy response, i'd have never posted it here, perhaps its safer to share shit on discord, the last thing i want to do right now is going over cucktear to read a bunch of single digit IQ comments :feelstastyman:

View: https://youtu.be/7j8vUbMmOwM

@Intellau_Celistic why the double take

Who is Science? ≠
The current study (N = 349 men) collected self-report data from a convenience sample of Incel and
non-Incel men
In an online survey using a mixed sample of Incel and non-Incel men,
Can you get the same result if you do the experiment again? I have huge respect for genuine statisticians but I hate those surveyors in general.

Last edited:
TLDR that article says ER= all incels

Meanwhile on cuckit :lul: