Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Underrated

Why do people like anime?

Why do people NOT like anime?
For me, the emotional reactions from characters in dialogue take me right out of it, man. It's like they go from zero to a hundred in 0.3 second. One moment they're calm and the next they just erupt into pure hysterics. It's just not human. Are Japanese people really like that?

I'm an incel and I truly never understood the appeal. Anime is honestly sort of hard to watch.
when u get older and ur copes run completely dry (as vidya coping has for me) give it a try.

For me, the emotional reactions from characters in dialogue take me right out of it, man. It's like they go from zero to a hundred in 0.3 second. One moment they're calm and the next they just erupt into pure hysterics. It's just not human. Are Japanese people really like that?
I think it's more of an autist thing tbh

kek I see what u mean but anime is mean to exaggerate characters personality and reactions to make it more lively. actually I think all cartoons do that in some way to contradict it from boring real life

I don't think it's an autistic thing because most watch it to be part of a community, i.e. to conform. That inherently non-autistic.
No, I'm talking about the anime character's emotional reactions and quick mood swings.

kek I see what u mean but anime is mean to exaggerate characters personality and reactions to make it more lively. actually I think all cartoons do that in some way to contradict it from boring real life
The terrible animation also takes me out if it. I mean I grew up with fluid American shows, dude. Looney Tunes, for instance, never had still shots of characters with just the backgrounds moving around them. It's just lazy.

The terrible animation also takes me out if it. I mean I grew up with fluid American shows, dude. Looney Tunes, for instance, never had still shots of characters with just the backgrounds moving around them. It's just lazy.
anime feels lazier but idk the drawings there draw me in more than american cartoons. and its not because im trying to appeal to normie shit I was into it even before it became popular

a lot of modern anime following seasonal schedules have consistent, good animation and don't rely on still frames. I think the bad animation argument against anime is quite dated.

That's be something more akin to a personality disorder rather than autism.
Maybe you are too NT to understand how autists can get overexcited when talking about their interests

@BurntIvoryKingcel @blackpillednigga @SubhumanGamer @VideoGameCoper

don't want to a be a traitor like japanese things

The parasyte clip I was talking about that made me laugh:

Completely unintentional. Versus 24/7 in American cartoons:

View attachment 1209765
don't want to a be a traitor like japanese things

The parasyte clip I was talking about that made me laugh:

Completely unintentional. Versus 24/7 in American cartoons:

u talk too slow. write a TLDR

u talk too slow. write a TLDR
It's 5 minutes, guy. Come on.

Here's the tl;dr:

anime bad because:
1. Powerpoint Animation
2. Emotional Reactions are illogical
3. It's always so damn dramatic

used to not like anime as a kid because:
faux-patriotism

currently don't like anime as an adult because:
it's hard to just jump into without being in the same dramatic headspace

only time I ever laughed at an anime was:
completely unintentional, just happened to turn on the tv during a dramatic scene and saw it play out with zero context

If death note is peak, your right in thinking everything else is absolute dogshit.

Anime has definitely gone down hill since the transition to digital but shit like Akira and Ninja Scroll are wonderfully fluid movies. A majority of late 80s to late 99 anime have amazing animation.