Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Unasked info causes brain rot

Dreamerofgreateness

Dreamerofgreateness

Greycel
Now this is something I'm speaking from experience weather it is youtube videos (both long and short), reels, tiktok or whatever it is When you didn’t ask something and get a bunch of irrelevant info which is not related to you it harms your brain (happened for me). At first it seems not a problem but continuous overflow of information can cause it especially with these algorithm driven platforms which shows whatever you see more. So if you like watching science documents, history, philosophy or whatever it is, self improvement or anything. Try to keep a separate account or your account will florish with it. But also it feels meaningless to get overloading info about anything unless it is important to you and you can make a use out of it. And I'm posting it cause I'm sick of it. whenever I open youtube expecting to see something fun I see some finance guru, tech expert or whatever it is just a guy sitting and giving lecture about something which is not useful to me in my day to day life. Instead of seeing vlogs, travelling or other fun stuff and It's sickening me now where the algorithm only shows me what absolutely doesn’t interest me and the fact that I'm addicted to social media just makes it worst where even I forgot what interests me and causing brain rot.