Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Turkey prepares to flood 12,000-year-old city to build dam

• Thread starter Deleted member 17724
  • Start date
Deleted member 17724

Deleted member 17724

Banned
-
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/...res-to-flood-12000-year-old-city-to-build-dam

2857.jpg

After the half-hour drive from Batman in south-east Turkey, the ancient city of Hasankeyf, which sits on the banks of the Tigris River, appears as an oasis.

Hasankeyf is thought to be one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements on Earth, dating as far back as 12,000 years and containing thousands of caves, churches and tombs.

But this jewel of human history will soon be lost; most of the settlement is about to be flooded as part of the highly controversial Ilisu dam project.

Walking along the mountainside facing the town, Ayhan reached a cave clearly marked with an engraved cross, indicating an ancient church. “It’s not just our story, Hasankeyf, it’s also your story, because it’s the human story,” he said.

It is unknown what year the church dates back to. Only 10% of the area has been explored by archaeologists.

Under the church is a tomb where piles of human bones have surfaced. “The government doesn’t even respect the dead,” Ayhan said. “They are barbaric.”

Hasankeyf has been part of many different cultures in its long history, including ancient Mesopotamia, Byzantium, Arab empires and the Ottoman empire, but Hakan Ozoglu, a history professor at the University of Central Florida, said the settlement predates all these civilisations.
“We have references to the town in several ancient texts in different languages such as Assyrian, Armenian, Kurdish, Arabic,” he said.

The professor says Hasankeyf is a laboratory that could provide many answers about the past. “Such rare physical evidence of the human past must be protected at all cost,” Ozoglu said.

Only eight historical monuments – including a tower from what was said to be the oldest university in the world, half of an old Roman gate to the city and a women’s hamam dating to around 1400 – have been saved from Hasankeyf. The pieces were moved 3km away and now stand on a vast plain.

over for 12000yearoldcels

Shame. Nobody seems to care about culture and heritage anymore.

If it had a mosque, they would save it.

People give 0 shits about history nowadays, it's pretty unfortunate

Christian Churches though, not Mosques. They said they had crosses engraved on them.

Christian Churches though, not Mosques. They said they had crosses engraved on them.
I was just highlighting you what they historical things they are removing from that place bro. I was just elabing your point.

If it had a mosque, they would save it.
I was just highlighting you what they historical things they are removing from that place bro. I was just elabing your point.
Yeah, this is probably an example of the typical hatred that is felt in Islamic countries for any of their pre-Islamic heritage. Another example would be the Taliban's destruction of the Buddhas of Bamiyan.
But considering how much Turks hate the Greeks, it may also be because of its connection to the Byzantine Empire.

I've read somewhere a theory saying that the elites start wars, promote terrorism and install dictatorships in the Middle East on purpose to erase human history and original spirituality
considering how Wahhabi (supported by Saudi Arabia, the ally of Israel) terrorists focus on destroying historical sites, there might be something to it

turkey is a shithole tbh

Yeah, this is probably an example of the typical hatred that is felt in Islamic countries for any of their pre-Islamic heritage. Another example would be the Taliban's destruction of the Buddhas of Bamiyan.

Muslims are just like the protestant fundamentalists. Destroy everything that existed before to create some sterile earthly religion that revolves around few basic rituals.

Another example would be the Taliban's destruction of the Buddhas of Bamiyan.
That is a terrible example to use. Mullah Omar, the leader of the Taliban, ordered the destruction of the Buddha statue because tourists were more concerned with preserving a statue and offered to give the Taliban lots of money, rather than giving money to those living in poverty. That was extremely based of him to do and say.

Is this the same river all the more southern muslim countries get their water from?
Muslims are just like the protestant fundamentalists. Destroy everything that existed before to create some sterile earthly religion that revolves around few basic rituals.
I am sure the Catholics treated Pagan sanctuaries better. :feelshmm:

That is a terrible example to use. Mullah Omar, the leader of the Taliban, ordered the destruction of the Buddha statue because tourists were more concerned with preserving a statue and offered to give the Taliban lots of money, rather than giving money to those living in poverty. That was extremely based of him to do and say.
Good way to take away a reason for rich white chads to "visit" your homeland...
"Muslims" even destroyed the history of the early Islam. Nothing is sacred to the elite.

If they would have half a brain they would still conserve it even without to date recognizable mosques.
Hasankeyf has been part of many different cultures in its long history, including ancient Mesopotamia, Byzantium, Arab empires and the Ottoman empire, but Hakan Ozoglu, a history professor at the University of Central Florida, said the settlement predates all these civilisations.
But what can you expect from autocratic nationalists.
Sounds almost as retarded as the Red Khmer.

nice return bro tbh. welcome back.

Turkey is cucked

Good way to take away a reason for rich white chads to "visit" your homeland...
They were Asian buddhists. And why would you want rich white men visiting your homeland? They will leave behind degeneracy.
Sounds almost as retarded as the Red Khmer.
Keep coping. It's extremely high IQ. Only a cuck would disagree.
nice return bro tbh. welcome back.
Thank you bro. I was wondering where you were. To be honest you're one of my favorites here. Or my favorite. You've even heard my voice.

Thank you bro. I was wondering where you were. To be honest you're one of my favorites here. Or my favorite. You've even heard my voice.
Yea dude you were outside ntmaxxing with your buddy boyo ngl, where have you been so far though? Work?

Yea dude you were outside ntmaxxing with your buddy boyo ngl, where have you been so far though? Work?
LDARed hard. But I'm going to college again now. Today was my first day. I'm about to sleep in a few minutes because I have to get up early tomorrow. Otherwise I'd PM you right now. To be honest, NTmaxxing is not possible as I am already NTmaxxed. What about you bro? Feel free to PM me.

LDARed hard. But I'm going to college again now. Today was my first day. I'm about to sleep in a few minutes because I have to get up early tomorrow. Otherwise I'd PM you right now. To be honest, NTmaxxing is not possible as I am already NTmaxxed. What about you bro? Feel free to PM me.
Yea tbh dude its pretty late here too, we can pm from time to time ngl. Tomorrow.

They were Asian buddhists. And why would you want rich white men visiting your homeland? They will leave behind degeneracy.

Keep coping. It's extremely high IQ. Only a cuck would disagree.
Just burn everything down and dwell in mud theory.

Yea tbh dude its pretty late here too, we can pm from time to time ngl. Tomorrow.
Definitely bro. I'll shoot you one first.
Just burn everything down and dwell in mud theory.
Have you seen Afghanistan's landscape? It's way more gorgeous than American and European scenery combined. I understand Greeks can never get over the fact their civilization is being outshined by those that of Turks' lol.

Have you seen Afghanistan's landscape? It's way more gorgeous than American and European scenery combined. I understand Greeks can never get over the fact their civilization is being outshined by those that of Turks' lol.
Wtf are you even talking about? What has this to do with eradicating history and knowledge with pleaded flawed argumentation? OHHh tHEy doN't heLP pOor PEoplE. I have bad news for that retard. Destroyoing those Buddhas will not change this int he slightest, if anything there is an economic damage.

Last edited:
Wtf are you even talking about? What has this to do with erradicating history and knowledge with pretextual flawed argumentation? Ohhhh they don't hellp poor people. I have bad news for that retard. Destroyoing those will not change this either, quite the contrary if anything there is an economic damage.
You know exactly what I am talking about. You're just mad because "muh precious ancient site," lmao nobody cares about some dead city.

I'm not sure I can support destruction of the past. Authoritarians are prone to this behavior. We need to look into the abyss of time and question everything. They believe they can control human impulses by removing art. But in reality they need to change the culture not control every aspect of it.

For the correction, Hasankeyf has many examples of different civilizations in it. From ancient ones to Ottomans, hell, even beyliks built stuff there. So thats not they target churches and shit, islamic buildings will as well be wiped out.

Its because of some money thristy people, nothing else. And theres a huge campain going on so theyll stop it probably

I'm not sure I can support destruction of the past. Authoritarians are prone to this behavior. We need to look into the abyss of time and question everything. They believe they can control human impulses by removing art. But in reality they need to change the culture not control every aspect of it.
And funnily enough they are always those larping for free speech the most before they take power and establish totalitarian regimes.
"MUH PRESS YUS AIN SHUNT SIDE" you sound like a retarded normie.
Are you drunk or sth?

No I've never been drunk in my life.
I mean I can see legitimate arguments for your position. I am not sure if you are just to tired, somehow angry, indifferent, a dog whistling fascist, dumb or just hating white people?

This conversation just makes no sense in this form.

I disagree with your statement that it was 'based' but that's mainly because I have a soft spot for historical artifacts and don't really care about third world niggers living in poverty. These type of historical works of art survived from age to age, regardless of how much people were living in poverty during those ages, whereas most people will die and wither away without leaving any positive mark on the world. In 200 years, people won't care about a bunch of nameless peasants dying of starvation in another part of the world but they will care about the beautiful architecture that their ancestors left behind.