Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

True incel trait:you look worse in pictures compared to when you look at a mirror.

I look like shit on both

unfortunately yes

I read on lookism years ago that if you experience this then this means your face is very asymmetrical

This is because the mirror flips your face and you get used to seeing your face flipped and don't pick up on the asymmetries because you're used to them

But pics are unflipped unless it's a mirror pic. So you'll see your unflipped face and pick up on all the asymmetries you usually wouldn't notice. Suddenly you realize you're an ugly goblin. That's what happened to me. I'm EXTREMELY asymmetrical, I look warped. I go from looking "normal" in the mirror to looking like 2 or 3/10 in pictures imo

I read on lookism years ago that if you experience this then this means your face is very asymmetrical

This is because the mirror flips your face and you get used to seeing your face flipped and don't pick up on the asymmetries because you're used to them

But pics are unflipped unless it's a mirror pic. So you'll see your unflipped face and pick up on all the asymmetries you usually wouldn't notice. Suddenly you realize you're an ugly goblin. That's what happened to me. I'm EXTREMELY asymmetrical, I look warped
i will die alone in a ditch somewhere.life is brutal

pass me the rope already

I agree and only because I can tolerate my face more in the mirror than in pictures. In general, I don't like looking in the mirror so it's not that much better.

No. This happens to foids and other habitual sex-havers as well.

But pics are unflipped unless it's a mirror pic. So you'll see your unflipped face and pick up on all the asymmetries you usually wouldn't notice. Suddenly you realize you're an ugly goblin. That's what happened to me. I'm EXTREMELY asymmetrical, I look warped. I go from looking "normal" in the mirror to looking like 2 or 3/10 in pictures imo
Don't forget the focal lengthpill. Most people looks shit because of that. Standing straight infront of the Mirror gives the most accurate image it's inverted I know but it's still the most accurate one

this is just a human trait. lens distortion basically

Its true when I first took a front pic I wanted to fucking rope myself on the spot.

I look better in photos then i do the mirror.

Don't forget the focal lengthpill. Most people looks shit because of that. Standing straight infront of the Mirror gives the most accurate image it's inverted I know but it's still the most accurate one
I was assuming no focal length distortion. Obviously even chadlites look like shit with a bad lense

If i stand straight in front of the mirror I legit think I'm a 5 or 6. The mirror really isn't accurate in my case just because asymmetries are my number one face problem (even worse than norwood imo)

But with a front pic i legit feel like killing myself for days (not being hyperbolic i made several threads about this). Even when I went to a photographer to take pics for my ids i still looked like a disgusting creature. I'm surprised people don't throw rocks at me on sight.

Yeah in the mirror I don't think I'm that ugly, I even look decent if I take my glasses off and look at the mirror from like 1 meter, cause then I can't see all my acne on the head and face, my acne scars, my fucked up teeth, cracked lips, I even don't look as bald. Also the glasses themselves make me look uglier.

So basically if my face is all fuzzy and unclear it doesn't look bad.

But the few times I look at myself in pictures, oh my god I don't like what I see.

Like hearing my voice on tape.

Camera images are subject to the following effects

1. Lens distortion (depends how close you are to the camera and the focal length of the lens)
2. Low lighting
3. Still effect : some guys just look better in motion.

The best way to compare a camera image to your mirror is if you try to maximize on these 3 points and then compare that image to your mirror reflection.

1. Lens distortion : Try using higher focal length or increase distance from camera.
2. Use adequate lighting or maybe flash
3. Use high shutter speed

Once you do this, you can compare and check for yourself.

It's like that for everyone, not only incels

hopefuel...putting rope aside for now

I look terrible in both, but in pics I notice how fucking asymmetrical I am, and how terrible my posture is and how forward my head is.

I was assuming no focal length distortion. Obviously even chadlites look like shit with a bad lense

If i stand straight in front of the mirror I legit think I'm a 5 or 6. The mirror really isn't accurate in my case just because asymmetries are my number one face problem (even worse than norwood imo)

But with a front pic i legit feel like killing myself for days (not being hyperbolic i made several threads about this). Even when I went to a photographer to take pics for my ids i still looked like a disgusting creature. I'm surprised people don't throw rocks at me on sight.
depressing af. btw heres some hopefuel...mb ur over-analysing urself. you look at the asymmetries and are too critical to the point you think that is extremely fcked up and ur just horrifyingly ugly (also the motionless/somewhat distorted photo adds to it). but to other people it could be the normal asymmetries and you would be normal ugly. consider that

depressing af. btw heres some hopefuel...mb ur over-analysing urself. you look at the asymmetries and are too critical to the point you think that is extremely fcked up and ur just horrifyingly ugly (also the motionless/somewhat distorted photo adds to it). but to other people it could be the normal asymmetries and you would be normal ugly. consider that
No. My nose is so fucked up I can't breath from one nostril for instance. My teeth are fucked up, hairline is receeding over full centimeter more on one side etc