Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Trucel trait: you didn’t get a cell phone until you were a grown adult (and you’re gen z)

L

lost soul

Recruit
★★★★
So here’s the retarted ass story of my family. Neither my mom or dad have cell phones. They never did and probably never will. When I turned 13 in 2012 I asked for a cell phone so I could have some way to communicate with the outside world and actually organize shit with my friends. But they said no. So I went my entire fucking teenage years all through high school and into the 2020s without a cell phone. I missed everything. I couldn’t hang out with friends, I couldn’t organize shit. I couldn’t relate or organize hangouts with my friends. It was all basically over before I even started puberty.

Finally, when I got my first job in 2020 I went out and bought my first phone( a shitty flip phone from target.) then that broke and I bought a tracfone Smartphonr from Walmart in 2023. But now at 25 it’s already far too late.

Every single social hierarchy is set in place and I never even had a chance to compete because I literally didn’t have a cell phone.

Not having a cell phone during the 2010s was literally like being deaf and trying to communicate with people.

the last time I asked my parents why they never bought me a phone they just don’t even answer the question and ignore me. Like my dad literally just looks at me and says “ cuz I’m such a horrible dad aren’t I?”

Brutal. Overprotective parents are awful

I got my first phone at 13

Not just overprotective. Basically fucking anti technology parents
Anti tech and anti looks jfl.
Overprotective parents who make incels are the worst

I had this :

until turning 18

Sounds brutal. it sounds like you have a shitty life like me.

I had an old microsoft phone but that was the least of my worries

But I didn’t even get THAT until I was 19
I don't get it tho, the only reason I got that is for my parents to be able to call me anytime of the day
So why overprotectiv parent don't allow you a cellphone which is very usefull if u are in trouble ?

I don't get it tho, the only reason I got that is for my parents to be able to call me anytime of the day
So why overprotectiv parent don't allow you a cellphone which is very usefull if u are in trouble ?
It didn’t even cross there mind that I would ever get in trouble. Like they never even talked about it. My dad straight up was just like “ he’ll be fine nothings gonna happen.” My dad just straight up didn’t give a shit about that

Also my parents don’t have cell phones either. So they’re wasn’t anything for us to call each other with

Also my parents don’t have cell phones either. So they’re wasn’t anything for us to call each other with
bro where do you live ?
how they can even work without a cell phone ?

bro where do you live ?
how they can even work without a cell phone ?
I live in the USA. And yeah my dad has had the same warehouse job since the 1990s. He doesn’t use a cell phone or anything.

So here’s the retarted ass story of my family. Neither my mom or dad have cell phones. They never did and probably never will. When I turned 13 in 2012 I asked for a cell phone so I could have some way to communicate with the outside world and actually organize shit with my friends. But they said no. So I went my entire fucking teenage years all through high school and into the 2020s without a cell phone. I missed everything. I couldn’t hang out with friends, I couldn’t organize shit. I couldn’t relate or organize hangouts with my friends. It was all basically over before I even started puberty.

Finally, when I got my first job in 2020 I went out and bought my first phone( a shitty flip phone from target.) then that broke and I bought a tracfone Smartphonr from Walmart in 2023. But now at 25 it’s already far too late.

Every single social hierarchy is set in place and I never even had a chance to compete because I literally didn’t have a cell phone.

Not having a cell phone during the 2010s was literally like being deaf and trying to communicate with people.

the last time I asked my parents why they never bought me a phone they just don’t even answer the question and ignore me. Like my dad literally just looks at me and says “ cuz I’m such a horrible dad aren’t I?”
when i was a schooler, small pupils did not have mobile-phones. and they were not allowed in school, anyway. i don't know when they were allowed, because nowadays i hear that pupils using phones during lessons is a problem. when i was in school, they were not allowed at all.

when i was a schooler, small pupils did not have mobile-phones. and they were not allowed in school, anyway. i don't know when they were allowed, because nowadays i hear that pupils using phones during lessons is a problem. when i was in school, they were not allowed at all.
Dude I’m talking about high school. When I was in high school iPhones were pretty much everywhere

Dude I’m talking about high school. When I was in high school iPhones were pretty much everywhere
what's "high school"? if it compares to finnish yläkoulu, i went there before iPhones existed and all phones were banned also.

Truecel trait: you don't need a cellphone because you never leave your bedroom.

BTW, I've never used any phone except landline-phone.

nah. i never used my phone though.

Are you an amish or something like dat can't believe some people are so afraid of technology