Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Trophies/Achievements are tedious

Regenerator

Regenerator

Virgin But Incel
★★★★★
I don't understand how people can play though the same game over & over again just to get them all. It's pure time wasting.
Trophies/Achievements didn't even exist until the Xbox 360/PS3 generation anyway & Nintendo has never had them.

1725921547443h

they trigger my compulsion to collect all the achievements too. Maybe this is intentional to increase the amount of hours players put into the game

I haven't achievement hunted much

Based Nintendo
Although I think the switch is shit. At the very least I'm glad the switch does not have trophies/achievements.
They seem like ways gaming companies get people to waste hours of their lives.

They seem like ways gaming companies get people to waste hours of their lives.
Pretty much, personally i've never cared about them, i consider a game completed once i've beaten the main story. Probably because i started gaming before they were even a thing.

I like achievements because they encourage me to play games I never would otherwise. I pirate all these games, so I can justify it. If you buy a bunch of games because of it, that's bad.

Pretty much, personally i've never cared about them, i consider a game completed once i've beaten the main story. Probably because i started gaming before they were even a thing.
A game is completed once you finish the main story, everything else is just a side challenge.