Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Training to failure

BBC.BELGRADE

BBC.BELGRADE

Blackcel, working on ascending
★★★★★
I keep reading things where people either say "Train to failure on every set" "Train near failure" "Only Train to failure on the last set"

Who tf is right?

What I do is Train to failure on the last set because I feel like if I Train to failure on every set it would interfere to much with the rest of the workout.

What do you gymmaxxers think of this?

@KING NOTHING @FuckTheFBI @VideoGameCoper @gymcellragefuel

No amount gymmaxxing would fix your gonial angle

Just pump your muscles
I train to failure only if my calorie intake was good enough

Every set to failure.
If you’re resting adequately between sets you shouldn’t have a problem doing the same reps again.

Depends on a lot of things like your the volume you are doing & frequency. Depending on those things training to failure every set could fuck up your recovery which means shit gains.

Really any of those options are valid it just depends on programming.

I think generally it’s best to avoid going to failure every set on compound lifts.

i remember a tip to train to failure -1 every time ie do a few sessions and monitor what 'near failure' feels like by going to failure every now and then, and then for all sessions outside of those, don't do the rep you think you will fail on. So train to the final rep you can land. And last set, go to failure

Last edited:
training to failure will produce slightly more muscle but will exhaust you a lot more, it’s better to train to near failure. If you train to failure all the time then you will not recover and feel exhausted all the time. But you should train to failure from time to time so you know what failure feels like. If you never train to failure then you will not be able to accurately gauge when you’re near failure

Every set to failure.
If you’re resting adequately between sets you shouldn’t have a problem doing the same reps again.
if you’re doing the same number of reps then you did not train to failure

Depends on a lot of things like your the volume you are doing & frequency. Depending on those things training to failure every set could fuck up your recovery which means shit gains.

Really any of those options are valid it just depends on programming.

I think generally it’s best to avoid going to failure every set on compound lifts.
also this. If you go to the gym 3 times a week then it’s best to train to failure and you will be recovered by the next session.

If the weight you are using is heavy enough,failure comes at 3-5 reps which is ideal for strength

Stop being a pussy and add more weight

If the weight you are using is heavy enough,failure comes at 3-5 reps which is ideal for strength

Stop being a pussy and add more weight
I don't have anymore weight.

Plus I'm training for mainly for aesthetics

I keep reading things where people either say "Train to failure on every set" "Train near failure" "Only Train to failure on the last set"

Who tf is right?

What I do is Train to failure on the last set because I feel like if I Train to failure on every set it would interfere to much with the rest of the workout.

What do you gymmaxxers think of this?

@KING NOTHING @FuckTheFBI @VideoGameCoper @gymcellragefuel
As someone who trains with a personal trainer, keep training with set training and only go to failure at least twice a week

I used to be a fat powerlifter so I know everything about strength training

I train everything to failure only. Every set. It’s the true way to grow. Don’t listen to the fags that go 50% they are pussies

Every set to failure.

i remember a tip to train to failure -1 every time ie do a few sessions and monitor what 'near failure' feels like by going to failure every now and then, and then for all sessions outside of those, don't do the rep you think you will fail on. So train to the final rep you can land. And last set, go to failure

training to failure will produce slightly more muscle but will exhaust you a lot more, it’s better to train to near failure. If you train to failure all the time then you will not recover and feel exhausted all the time. But you should train to failure from time to time so you know what failure feels like. If you never train to failure then you will not be able to accurately gauge when you’re near failure

As someone who trains with a personal trainer, keep training with set training and only go to failure at least twice a week

I train everything to failure only. Every set. It’s the true way to grow. Don’t listen to the fags that go 50% they are pussies
WHO TF DO I LISTEN TO????

WHO TF DO I LISTEN TO????
@fatass30000 is right. Maybe you will not recover because your test levels aren’t as high as me or a steroids user. So take his advice I think. But if your feeling it then go to failure every time if you think you can handle it that is.

But in my opinion, you will not be able to go to true failure even if you try because your still a beginner

Last edited:
Exactly. It's utter bullshit. Don't listen to stupid faggots on the internet they don't know anything.
Just do whatever feels right for your body. And definitely don't push yourself too hard otherwise you'll end up with a permanent injury like me.

Exactly. It's utter bullshit. Don't listen to stupid faggots on the internet they don't know anything.
Just do whatever feels right for your body. And definitely don't push yourself too hard otherwise you'll end up with a permanent injury like me.
Brutal. How did you get injured

I don't have anymore weight.

Plus I'm training for mainly for aesthetics
you can’t train for aesthetics. You can become aesthetic by training for building muscle and then cutting down to a lower body fat level.

i also train everything to failure and i wouldn’t advise it unless you have already been training for a few months and your diet and rest are on point.
It takes 4 days for the muscle i trained to recover but i’m in a calorie surplus, eat more than enough protein and get 10 hours of sleep. Most beginners don’t even get enough sleep and will take a whole week to recover

@fatass30000 is right. Maybe you will not recover because your test levels aren’t as high as me or a steroids user. So take his advice I think. But if your feeling it then go to failure every time if you think you can handle it that is.
:feelsYall:
But in my opinion, you will not be able to go to true failure even if you try because your still a beginner
yep, because of neural adaptations. His mind hasn’t learned to push muscle past its limit yet

:feelsYall:

yep, because of neural adaptations. His mind hasn’t learned to push muscle past its limit yet
When I go to failure on my last set I do it till my arms shake and I can't even lift the weights anymore

i also train everything to failure and i wouldn’t advise it unless you have already been training for a few months and your diet and rest are on point.
It takes 4 days for the muscle i trained to recover but i’m in a calorie surplus, eat more than enough protein and get 10 hours of sleep. Most beginners don’t even get enough sleep and will take a whole week to recover
Are you natural? What’s your bench bro

I go pretty hard with my training so I train to failure on every set on isolation exercises lmao, probably nerfing my gains that way but I have gotten stronger so I can't complain.

The only time I'd avoid going to failure is on compound lifts because you can easily snap your shit if you aren't careful. But on isolations it's non-negotiable.

Last edited: