Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Today I experienced my most painful rejection to date.

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
She was a ticket seller at AMC. They re-opened today and I thought I'd stop by.

I don't even get a chance to get a word in before she says "Do you have a ticket?" And I say "I thought I was supposed to buy them here." And she says "We are actually sold out of tickets for the rest of the evening."

Getting turned down by women isn't a problem for me. I've come to understand that not every/any woman is gonna want me the way I want her. But to be rejected by the movies, the movies were the closest thing to a hobby I had left. And today was opening day. And I don't get to be a part of this.

I've railed against this thinking that if you get rejected after one approach, you're incel. I've said you shouldn't give up like that. But with this rejection I see how someone might, after one rejection, want to give up forever. I don't have much of... anything. I used to have a strong passion for video games, but I gave it up in 2014. Empty, I turned to movies to occupy my newfound time and money. Just for something to do. And like with video games, the appeal was getting to enjoy events with a community.

But then came 2020. And because of certain sociopolitical events of the summer, I had to do an audit on my various subscriptions. I didn't wanna associate with any riot apologists posting black squares or Minnesota bail funds. Turns out a lot of the podcasts and review channels and obviously subreddits are well cucked in that regard, and this kinda left me without a community. And so I'm like "Fuck. Is this 2014 all over again? Am I gonna have to drop movies as a hobby?"

But THEN came opening day for AMC Theaters. 15-cent admission. I wanted to meet that moment. So straight after work I showed up for the next showing of Bloodshot. I don't even like Bloodshot. Again, it's not really about the movies. I just wanted to be part of the welcome back. To see whatever pre-movie trailers they had for the AMC "family" upon our return. And I'm turned away. Because NOBODY TOLD ME they'd be operating at such minimal capacity that of course they're gonna run out of tickets early on.

And now I'm faced with the allegory of the rejected incel. So he was rejected one time, or a few times. Why should he give up, when there are other women in other times and other situations? So I didn't get to go to the movies tonight. Why should I give up? Maybe I can go tomorrow. Or next week. Or next month. Or how about when the movie season REALLY gets started? It hasn't actually gotten started yet, we haven't caught up to the new schedule. Maybe I should go then.

No, fuck going then. It had to be today! This special once-in-a-lifetime moment! Furthermore, I was prepared to give up on this whole thing. But I gave it a chance anyway, against my better interest. Because I don't really have a community to enjoy these with anymore. But I answered the allure. And the allure didn't want me, as vulnerable as I made myself. This, I think, is why people give up after a particular rejection. When they expose their earnestness like I did, and not only get rejected, but get insulted with "But you can come back later to pat $10 to see Unhinged! That'll be fun!"

FUCK you and FUCK this thinking that you can just do things "whenever." That if you miss out on a formative experience, that's just fine, you move on and "enjoy the present." It's not fine. Otherwise it wouldn't be so important to not waste time and miss opportunities. You're just making do without crucial wholeness, for the sake of not laying down and dying. You are literally coping. It's not fine, it's not acceptable, it's bad.

This is the end of me and the theater. But this is not the end of me. I'm gonna find some other hobby.

Have you ever been rejected by a woman you asked out on a date?

Yeah, but it was nothing like this. I can understand rejecting my date offer. I wouldn't know what to do on a date if I got one. But I was actually looking forward to this.

She was a ticket seller at AMC. They re-opened today and I thought I'd stop by.

I don't even get a chance to get a word in before she says "Do you have a ticket?" And I say "I thought I was supposed to buy them here." And she says "We are actually sold out of tickets for the rest of the evening."

Getting turned down by women isn't a problem for me. I've come to understand that not every/any woman is gonna want me the way I want her. But to be rejected by the movies, the movies were the closest thing to a hobby I had left. And today was opening day. And I don't get to be a part of this.

I've railed against this thinking that if you get rejected after one approach, you're incel. I've said you shouldn't give up like that. But with this rejection I see how someone might, after one rejection, want to give up forever. I don't have much of... anything. I used to have a strong passion for video games, but I gave it up in 2014. Empty, I turned to movies to occupy my newfound time and money. Just for something to do. And like with video games, the appeal was getting to enjoy events with a community.

But then came 2020. And because of certain sociopolitical events of the summer, I had to do an audit on my various subscriptions. I didn't wanna associate with any riot apologists posting black squares or Minnesota bail funds. Turns out a lot of the podcasts and review channels and obviously subreddits are well cucked in that regard, and this kinda left me without a community. And so I'm like "Fuck. Is this 2014 all over again? Am I gonna have to drop movies as a hobby?"

But THEN came opening day for AMC Theaters. 15-cent admission. I wanted to meet that moment. So straight after work I showed up for the next showing of Bloodshot. I don't even like Bloodshot. Again, it's not really about the movies. I just wanted to be part of the welcome back. To see whatever pre-movie trailers they had for the AMC "family" upon our return. And I'm turned away. Because NOBODY TOLD ME they'd be operating at such minimal capacity that of course they're gonna run out of tickets early on.

And now I'm faced with the allegory of the rejected incel. So he was rejected one time, or a few times. Why should he give up, when there are other women in other times and other situations? So I didn't get to go to the movies tonight. Why should I give up? Maybe I can go tomorrow. Or next week. Or next month. Or how about when the movie season REALLY gets started? It hasn't actually gotten started yet, we haven't caught up to the new schedule. Maybe I should go then.

No, fuck going then. It had to be today! This special once-in-a-lifetime moment! Furthermore, I was prepared to give up on this whole thing. But I gave it a chance anyway, against my better interest. Because I don't really have a community to enjoy these with anymore. But I answered the allure. And the allure didn't want me, as vulnerable as I made myself. This, I think, is why people give up after a particular rejection. When they expose their earnestness like I did, and not only get rejected, but get insulted with "But you can come back later to pat $10 to see Unhinged! That'll be fun!"

FUCK you and FUCK this thinking that you can just do things "whenever." That if you miss out on a formative experience, that's just fine, you move on and "enjoy the present." It's not fine. Otherwise it wouldn't be so important to not waste time and miss opportunities. You're just making do without crucial wholeness, for the sake of not laying down and dying. You are literally coping. It's not fine, it's not acceptable, it's bad.

This is the end of me and the theater. But this is not the end of me. I'm gonna find some other hobby.
Brutal Rejection Pill

Not alot to add except I'm sorry for you and hope you find a new hobby soon Bro.

Have you? How does it feel? I imagine you start stuttering and shit, and how do you make your exit? Given in effect the woman has just mogged you?

I pretty much accepted I will never feel rejection of asking a foid out, so try not to spend so much time dwelling on it now

Not replying because you ignored my thread where I tagged u cunt

WTF? massive coincidence?, i just came home from AMC a bit ago and i overheard a foid saying no tickets left or some shit to the person at the counter, , my mom had hers on her phone so thats the only reason we got in

Have you? How does it feel? I imagine you start stuttering and shit, and how do you make your exit? Given in effect the woman has just mogged you?

I pretty much accepted I will never feel rejection of asking a foid out, so try not to spend so much time dwelling on it now

yes. Not a lot as I gave up early lol. Rejected a million times online but that’s different.

The last ticket what?,

What the fuck are you on about I'm so confused what ticket what last ticket? Is that a saying?
Guess you didn't read the OP, which makes sense given your post.

He complained he couldn't see a movie because they were out of tickets.

I'm AMazed that thEatRes even have 15c admissions. I know you're old, but fuck, that's like 1920s prices. I mean, give it another CHance, buddy boyO.

It's over for movieticketcels.

Guess you didn't read the OP, which makes sense given your post.

He complained he couldn't see a movie because they were out of tickets.
As an ugly male. I'd prefer to watch it at home

WTF? massive coincidence?, i just came home from AMC a bit ago and i overheard a foid saying no tickets left or some shit to the person at the counter, , my mom had hers on her phone so thats the only reason we got in

Next time, go say hello to OP and pretend you're with the FBI and ask him about his online message board activities.