Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion To what extent is assortative mating true?

• Thread starter Divergent_Integral
  • Start date
Divergent_Integral

Divergent_Integral

Spastic ricecel, heightmogged by 99.74% of men
★★★★
Briefly put, assortative mating theory asserts that people tend to select sexual partners from within their own "leagues" of physical attractiveness. To a somewhat lesser extent this also holds, according to the theory, for other parameters, such as social class, intelligence, etc.

While there seems to be some truth to assortative mating (in that large attractiveness differentials are rare), it would be stupid to deny that today's social climate contains several confounding factors that make pure assortative mating much less likely. First, there's the perceived social and economic independence (however illusory) of women. Women can just remain single and wait almost indefinitely until chad comes along. (Which of course he rarely does.)

Secondly, and more importantly, I wonder whether the whole idea of assortative mating doesn't just break down at the lower ends of the attractiveness scale. At first glance it would seem like a good idea for all the uggos and weirdos in this world to pair off with one another and try and become happy together. But there appears to be a certain threshold level of physical and behavioral attractiveness below which simply nothing happens sexually.

As for myself, several people have suggested that I try and date foids who also have cerebral palsy. I would love to. However, cerebral palsy doesn't change basic foid psychology,, I'm sad to say. They all long for chad, secretly or not so secretly. The only concession that they're willing to make, be it reluctantly, is that chad may be a wheelchair user. Or that chad may have one missing limb, etc. The basic aesthetics (chiselled jawline, powerful muscular frame, full head of hair, etc.) remain exactly the same as in the general foid population.

Of course, chad comes along even more rarely for cp broads. But nowadays they have the option of either waiting things out in semi-permanent standardcel spinsterhood (which is a fate that many cp foids resign themselves to) or of settling for some (pick your aspect)-maxxed normie. I know of at least one cp foid who bagged herself an extremely heightmaxxed normie.

This leaves me with perhaps the most galling thing of all: that even my "own kind" rejects me. Which has only further rammed the blackpill down my throat.

Last edited:
Basically just looksmatch

good looking men get their looksmatch easy
average men struggle to get their looksmatch but sometimes get it
ugly dudes can't get anything at all

The price of pussy is so high that a looksmatch couple is a 3/10 foid and a 8/10 chad. Thus uglier girls go for chads instead of giga chad it still is assortive mating but to a lesser extent.