Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion [TO MATHCELS] Are math competitions pointless

Are they pointless?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fallenleaves

Fallenleaves

Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those m
-
Title. Started this thread because I noted the prevalence of asiacels in math competitions but they tend not to become established mathematicians/physicists in the future.

Almost half of the fields medal winners were IMO contestants, so no

Title. Started this thread because I noted the prevalence of asiacels in math competitions but they tend not to become established mathematicians/physicists in the future.
Are you going into one?
They're good practice, so I don't see how they're worthless.

Are you going into one?
They're good practice, so I don't see how they're worthless.
No I'm average iq at best and poor so I suck at math

So the other half have never been in math competitions :smonk::feelshmm:
I mean, just 6 people out of their country go there annually, so they are being overrepresented

No I'm average iq at best and poor so I suck at math
There are a lot of videos on youtube about Math Olympiad questions and other competitions. They give you a good idea of the concepts you still need to learn and also shows you how to apply them.

There are a lot of videos on youtube about Math Olympiad questions and other competitions. They give you a good idea of the concepts you still need to learn and also shows you how to apply them.
I'm sticking to the basics but thanks

Stop being such a stereotypical ricemang, Chico :feelsree:

Stop being such a stereotypical ricemang, Chico :feelsree:
If only I haven't had eczema all over my body, I wouldn't be in this position.

I have no other thing in life.

no because they allow the world to find out which people are highest IQ

no because they allow the world to find out which people are highest IQ
Doesn't necessarily translate into success in their respective academic fields of knowledge

Doesn't necessarily translate into success in their respective academic fields of knowledge
big cope. many math competition niggers end up as 500k+ money moggers at quant firms and hedge funds.

It can help you get scholarships or get into big name schools.

I dont recall algebra ever helping me with a carear or getting into trades, to be honest, the US school system is a fucking scam. Then again most people are shit people who are in school.

depends on what your goals are, but generally, math contests are impossible to win for people who aren't naturally geniuses at math