Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Tip #7: Global CodeCels May Find *Work From Home* Jobs on jobserve.com

C&UNIX

C&UNIX

Recruit
★★
5d 16h 34m
https://www.jobserve.com holds IT and many other types of jobs. I've noticed that since the pandemic they are many work from home jobs.

I've spoken to agencies and they say these jobs are open to any applicant from any country.

Also the site can be used to see which technology employers are asking for so that you could learn them and help find work.

The jobs on this site are live and active as the agencies first use their own database to email applicants and if that fails they use cheap or free job boards and finally use jobserve. Listings on jobserve have are expensive to post.

They are a few jobs that just ask for a simple list of skills such as only Java and SQL or Python and SQL. Either way agencies accept CVs that match some of the listed skills so it's a good place for beginners to look for work.

Apologies in advance if this post offends edgy bros or seasoned programmers.

AbsolutelyBrutal

AbsolutelyBrutal

I'll come back before 2021 ends
19d 16h 19m
Cool, thanks for the info
Remote work is for experienced people iirc, right?

C&UNIX

C&UNIX

Recruit
★★
5d 16h 34m
AbsolutelyBrutal said:
Cool, thanks for the info
Remote work is for experienced people iirc, right?

Many jobs are listed as remote (work from home) because of the pandemic. They don't discriminate between experienced or junior.

On jobserve you can search for jobs in different countries but I'm a UKcel and in the UK companies don't care about degrees or ask about education. They are skills based. So searching for remote (WfH) UK jobs is attractive. You don't need a British passport unless you are actually on site in the UK which remote is not.

Experienced people like with 2 years experience are what companies prefer but there are also many jobs for junior people. Pay is less but after you've written around 1,000 lines of code then you're experienced enough.

They are so many tech and buzzwords around IT but the core ideas of programming are very simple and straightforward.

Arithmetic operators, and input/output, for loops and if statements. Make the code readable using functions.

The C Programming Language, Chapter 1 Summary reads:
"With this handful of building blocks, it's possible to write useful programs of considerable size".

It's worth reading Chapter 1 of the book to get an idea and if you run Linux it's easier to type in the examples. I'm not saying learn C but all languages use the same building blocks which are:

Hardware has a CPU (arithmetic operators, for and if code) and disk, network card for input output. Even RAM is input output.

Disk I/O is referred to as read write.
Network I/O is referred to as send receive or transmit receive.
RAM I/O in assembler is load and store or in high level languages "=" is output as in i = 10; and input is just the variable name.

Keyboard is input only
Screen is output only
Touch screen is both

Of course normies make it all seem so complicated but it really isn't. Basically we use a String to I/O to a file or I/O to a Socket.

Instead of a file databases use tables. Most important command in SQL is the select command. Learn it well and that's that sorted. Companies use Postgres a lot now and it's all free under Linux.

That's my opinion.

I was planning on doing a "tip" about how simple programming really is but I don't want to be a nuisance on the site with my tips.

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAAcel

AAAAAAAAAAAcel

Theorizer
★★★★★
184d 1h 55m
C&UNIX said:
I was planning on doing a "tip" about how simple programming really is but I don't want to be a nuisance on the site.
Please do

highinhibition

highinhibition

Admiral
★★
26d 23h 46m
based posts :yes:

AbsolutelyBrutal

AbsolutelyBrutal

19d 16h 19m
C&UNIX said:
Many jobs are listed as remote (work from home) because of the pandemic. They don't discriminate between experienced or junior.

On jobserve you can search for jobs in different countries but I'm a UKcel and in the UK companies don't care about degrees or ask about education. They are skills based. So searching for remote (WfH) UK jobs is attractive. You don't need a British passport unless you are actually on site in the UK which remote is not.

Experienced people like with 2 years experience are what companies prefer but there are also many jobs for junior people. Pay is less but after you've written around 1,000 lines of code then you're experienced enough.

They are so many tech and buzzwords around IT but the core ideas of programming are very simple and straightforward.

Arithmetic operators, and input/output, for loops and if statements. Make the code readable using functions.

The C Programming Language, Chapter 1 Summary reads:
"With this handful of building blocks, it's possible to write useful programs of considerable size".

It's worth reading Chapter 1 of the book to get an idea and if you run Linux it's easier to type in the examples. I'm not saying learn C but all languages use the same building blocks which are:

Hardware has a CPU (arithmetic operators, for and if code) and disk, network card for input output. Even RAM is input output.

Disk I/O is referred to as read write.
Network I/O is referred to as send receive or transmit receive.
RAM I/O in assembler is load and store or in high level languages "=" is output as in i = 10; and input is just the variable name.

Keyboard is input only
Screen is output only
Touch screen is both

Of course normies make it all seem so complicated but it really isn't. Basically we use a String to I/O to a file or I/O to a Socket.

Instead of a file databases use tables. Most important command in SQL is the select command. Learn it well and that's that sorted. Companies use Postgres a lot now and it's all free under Linux.

That's my opinion.

I was planning on doing a "tip" about how simple programming really is but I don't want to be a nuisance on the site.
You look very high IQ and knowledgeable, I wanna hear what you have to say tbh

C&UNIX

C&UNIX

Recruit
★★
5d 16h 34m
AbsolutelyBrutal said:
You look very high IQ and knowledgeable, I wanna hear what you have to say tbh
Thank you but I'm not high IQ. I have experience though.

I couldn't find work when I was young other than roof work assistant, glass collector in a bar, manual work in a printers and they were all temporary and I was bullied and let go.

I came across these books:

220px-The_C_Programming_Language,_First_Edition_Cover.svg.pngEnglish4.gif

and managed to get a job fixing C code running under UNIX on telecom switches. Basically a job no normie wanted to do but one suitable for someone who was desperate as I had zero money.

I read chapter 1 of the book and chapter 1-8 of the UNIX book and it was enough to get the job and do useful work. I don't recommended fixing bugs though. Better to work on a "green field" project writing new code. After 1,000 lines you'll have enough experience.

The authors all worked at the old Bell Labs, all highly educated. Forget Jobs it was Ritchie and Thompson who is really responsible for all the tech we use. Anyway I learnt from them as no one would teach me anything and it worked.

Ritchie is dead now but I am grateful to him. A real hero not like all the celebrity rubbish the NPC's worship.

AbsolutelyBrutal

AbsolutelyBrutal

19d 16h 19m
C&UNIX said:
Thank you but I'm not high IQ. I have experience though.

I couldn't find work when I was young other than roof work assistant, glass collector in a bar, manual work in a printers and they were all temporary and I was bullied and let go.

I came across these books:

View attachment 490097View attachment 490098

and managed to get a job fixing C code running under UNIX on telecom switches. Basically a job no normie wanted to do but one suitable for someone who was desperate as I had zero money.

I read chapter 1 of the book and chapter 1-8 of the UNIX book and it was enough to get the job and do useful work. I don't recommended fixing bugs though. Better to work on a "green field" project writing new code. After 1,000 lines you'll have enough experience.

The authors all worked at the old Bell Labs, all highly educated. Forget Jobs it was Ritchie and Thompson who is really responsible for all the tech we use. Anyway I learnt from them as no one would teach me anything and it worked.

Ritchie is dead now but I am grateful to him. A real hero not like all the celebrity rubbish the NPC's worship.
You are very humble, you are clearly smart and articulated, no wonder you managed to self-taught C and actually get a job.

Right now I'm kind of studying to be a programmer, but I'll have to work in web dev. I like backend but I despise frontend, what would you recommend to someone like me? And what would you recommend in general as a programmer? What programming languages are good to do just backend work and actually get a job?

C&UNIX

C&UNIX

Recruit
★★
5d 16h 34m
highinhibition said:
based posts :yes:
Thank you kindly. Makes me proud to have the word based used against me.

This community have their eyes wide open on cold reality. NPCs are stupid and nasty for the most part.

Rotter

Rotter

LDARcel
★★★
4d 10h 2m
Is it possible to learn coding in your mid-20s as a high inhib autist? :feelstastyman:

C&UNIX

C&UNIX

Recruit
★★
5d 16h 34m
Rotter said:
Is it possible to learn coding in your mid-20s as a high inhib autist? :feelstastyman:
Yes it most definitely is !!!

Like I said in a previous post I'm not high IQ but I do have experience.

Forget the tales of childhood prodigies learning code at age 3. It's all fake. The trick is to pick a language and libraries and stick with it. Write some programs to read and write text files and then read and write Postgres tables (SQL insert and select commands).

Don't be put off by people saying you have to be 10 yo to start learning. That's fake and harmful advice.

I've worked with many autists programmers and one truecel programmer and the truecel programmer was a real character. I was the only one who would talk and help him. He got sacked eventually by the bullies but he is still in work. Some autists programmers don't like to talk to people though (who can blame them?) which can be a problem with managers (I call them damagers).
AbsolutelyBrutal said:
You are very humble, you are clearly smart and articulated, no wonder you managed to self-taught C and actually get a job.

Right now I'm kind of studying to be a programmer, but I'll have to work in web dev. I like backend but I despise frontend, what would you recommend to someone like me? And what would you recommend in general as a programmer? What programming languages are good to do just backend work and actually get a job?

I think PHP and the Laravel library. I see these two tech advertised often on the jobserve.com

Start with plain Apache/PHP to read query strings from HTML forms. PHP is much easier to learn than Java and Python in my opinion and yet it is still a flexible and general purpose language that companies use and want PHP programmers. Believe me companies won't give you a slice of bread if you're hungry but they will pay for PHP programmers.

Start writing a small program, run and test and build on it incrementally.

Look on jobserve.com. Search PHP for permanent and contract jobs for the last seven days and look for work that is just backend, not full stack (front and backend).

The search returned 271 for UK only jobs and all of these will be live and active as the agencies have to pay good money to list jobs for only the job is only on the site for three days.

Here is one that was posted today:
PHP Developer - PHP, Symfony/Laravel £55,000 - £65,000 per annum + benefits Berkshire - Reading (remote working options)

Last edited:
stravinsky

stravinsky

Wizard
★★★★
162d 12h 47m
C&UNIX said:
I was planning on doing a "tip" about how simple programming really is but I don't want to be a nuisance on the site with my tips.
Programming isn't the issue, foid HR is the bottleneck.

This may or may not be okay, wouldn't know. But still, over for STEMcels of all kinds at this point in history..

Emergency Manual

Emergency Manual

Repenting of my sins | Jesus loves you
★★★★★
38d 7h 57m
I wish I was smart enough to do programming. I've read a lot and tried it but it just didn't click for me.

C&UNIX

C&UNIX

Recruit
★★
5d 16h 34m
Emergency Manual said:
I wish I was smart enough to do programming. I've read a lot and tried it but it just didn't click for me.

If you were at the keyboard and I sat next to you I could teach you in 4 weeks.

You need to find someone who is a solid programmer to teach you, if possible.

I received an email today with the following:
"They are looking for a Java developer who would also be interested in picking up Low Code development and work on a variety of new and existing applications."

I've not heard of Low Code before but it's visual programming, no code from what I read on Wikipedia.

Perhaps that is something to learn before it becomes popular as it's easier to get a job in new language than an established one.
stravinsky said:
Programming isn't the issue, foid HR is the bottleneck.

This may or may not be okay, wouldn't know. But still, over for STEMcels of all kinds at this point in history..

Foids are a problem, I don't deny it.

My trick is to stay very technical and then they have to give me work. Find a niche. I used C on telecom switches. Management don't care about foid HR opinions in this case, they want bugs fixed and all code has hundreds of bugs. I've shipped code with dozens of know Priority 1 bugs.

There is a lot of money flowing in them copper cables and towers and they want to keep the flow on.

Last edited:
curryboy420

curryboy420

Major
★★★★★
30d 17h 58m
You make it sound so easy to get a job but it really isn't. How the fuck did you get a 500 pound per day job as someone without even a programming related degree? They don't even fucking hire minimum wage workers around my shithole town or apprentices for more than 3.50 an hour.

C&UNIX

C&UNIX

Recruit
★★
5d 16h 34m
curryboy420 said:
You make it sound so easy to get a job but it really isn't. How the fuck did you get a 500 pound per day job as someone without even a programming related degree? They don't even fucking hire minimum wage workers around my shithole town or apprentices for more than 3.50 an hour.

UK companies don't ask for degrees unless it's for financial companies. Many companies allow work from home and don't care about the country you are resident in.
curryboy420 said:

Why not try? Find a job that partially matches your skills and is remote and send your CV.

Last edited:
curryboy420

curryboy420

Major
★★★★★
30d 17h 58m
C&UNIX said:
UK companies don't ask for degrees unless it's for financial companies. Many companies allow work from home and don't care about the country you are resident in.

Why not try? Find a job that partially matches your skills and is remote and send your CV.
You're saying just to read 1 chapter of a book and then I can get a job, I very strongly feel like it doesnt work like that. The reason why not is because clearly this shit is ultra competitive 500 fucking pounds a day that's more than 2 weeks pay for a lot of people. You really think there gonna hire some NEET with no work experience over some oxford faggot with a first class degree

C&UNIX

C&UNIX

Recruit
★★
5d 16h 34m
curryboy420 said:
You're saying just to read 1 chapter of a book and then I can get a job, I very strongly feel like it doesnt work like that. The reason why not is because clearly this shit is ultra competitive 500 fucking pounds a day that's more than 2 weeks pay for a lot of people. You really think there gonna hire some NEET with no work experience over some oxford faggot with a first class degree

Try for a permanent job first if you have no work experience. Graduates from Oxbridge don't like to program as it's a hard work.

Can you program? Have you written a 1,000 lines of code? What language? Say you've been doing freelance work and make up the companies. Apply for work from home jobs. I wouldn't waste your time with fake information. I've worked with Oxbridge graduates and they are lazy and drop out or get promoted to management.

truefaithneworder

truefaithneworder

Certified Driver license cel
★★
12d 2h 7m
any book reccomendation to start learning python with? I've been watching youtube videos but its just not clicking with me

Emba

Emba

Jarjar Sphinx
★★★★★
113d 18h 47m
C&UNIX

C&UNIX

Recruit
★★
5d 16h 34m
truefaithneworder said:
any book reccomendation to start learning python with? I've been watching youtube videos but its just not clicking with me

I like to read real paper books and rarely watch tech YouTube videos. I sit with a book in front of the keyboard and I practise running the programs.

I'm not saying you are low IQ, it's the videos and books fault you are having problems not yours, but can I recommended the following books for children? No offense intended.

https://www.pdfdrive.com/python-for-kids-e33419523.html

51RcGeQfn5L._SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_ML2_.jpg519Sx4Nze-L.jpg

Use paper copies if you can. They are many other Python for Kids books that use the pygame library https://www.pygame.org/wiki/about

After you've learnt from these books refer to https://docs.python.org/2.7/

The official docs have tutorials and docs on the standard libraries. Authors of Python books mostly refer to this site anyway and just do a copy and pasta and then sell books that confuse everyone.

I've linked to v. 2.7 as that's what I've used on RHEL 7 but click the combo box for other versions. The kids books probably are still using 2.7 anyway.

I read that a boxing journalist once saw Rocky Marciano (the only heavyweight champion to have finished his career undefeated) read a beginners guide to boxing while he was the heavyweight champion of the world so I don't see anything wrong with reading programming books for kids.

Last edited:
B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
128d 21h 30m
Bumping thread for its excellence.

N

NextLevelNEET0

Banned
-
3h 55m
i will neet forever :feelsLSD::feelsautistic:

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
250d 12h 18m
Based and woke thread. NEETcels and studentcels should follow this advice.

I would also say to future programmers to learn the data structures/algorithm stuff in depth and very very throughly. Especially if you want to work backend jobs. The algos and data structures shit is ubiquitous no matter the language. Also focus on arrays and strings especially as they appear the most in mosr coding interviews
Hash tables and linked list are alsp somewhat important, master em after your finish with arrays+ strings

Tiredpoorcel

Tiredpoorcel

Quotes me, replies you.
★★★★
55d 2h 58m
No clue but ok

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8