Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Thoughts on the "It's Looks > Personality > Money for both genders, women just lie more about it" study on incels.wiki?

WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Luminary
★★★★★
Title. I've seen some threads and comments recently on the order of importance of those things, if and when personality actually comes into play, so I thought of just asking about your thoughts on this.

I really like this study. Asks and analyzes the choices of both genders, assigns some actual numerical values to the various criteria and flat out calls out the bullshit. Not to mention that it's all the way from 2008, 16 years ago. Meanwhile, here we are, genuinely still encountering people on all sides of these issues telling us that women don't care about looks, only money matters to them, while men on the other hand only care about looks, and so on:feelsugh::feelsseriously:.

Looks>Money >Personailty for women

Status > Money > Looks > Social Media > Political View > Personality

meh

tons of foids are in betabuxx relationships
tons of foids are groupies for people w/ status

meanwhile 'personality' can't even be measured so this study is meaningless pseudoscience

Looks>Money >Personailty for women
Yeah, I've seen people say that and I'd agree with it. Looks are top, but money should definitely be number two.

Status > Money > Looks > Social Media > Political View > Personality
I'd definitely love a more detailed, newer study like this one with all of those factors you've mentioned looked at.

meh

tons of foids are in betabuxx relationships
tons of foids are groupies for people w/ status

meanwhile 'personality' can't even be measured so this study is meaningless pseudoscience
I wouldn't really discard it so quickly tbh. Seems like a much better study to me than the dozens of ones that just repeat that men care a bit more about looks and women a bit more about money and status, without even trying to assign any weights to those so you don't even know whether those levels of preferences are equivalent (as in, even if women care more about money and status, they could still care about looks more than men do if they simply care about all of those more than men do), which then get reposted by :bluepill: and :redpill: types to say "Look, women literally don't care about looks, you only need to be funny and work on yourself:soy::soy::soy::soy:."

You actually got me wondering what the study itself is:feelsthink::feelsokman:, so I looked at the source and I gotta say, the excerpt on incels wiki is seriously understating it:feelshaha:.

For your question, personality/personable traits were defined as: “fun/exciting,” “responsive,” “dependable/trustworthy,” “friendly/nice”

The absolute best part is this table, looking at the way all three of those influenced various types of sexual follow-ups and so on:

Looks and money are, for women and men, an absolute king when it comes to one-night stands. Women are so much more likely to have those with attractive partners than men are that it's actually one of the few statistically significant differences there (which is why its bolded), while the reverse is true for men, with men being significantly (also bolded figures) more likely to have one-night stands with rich women than women are with rich men. Looks are also, less so but still significantly, important to both genders for casual relationships, serious relationship and commitment. When "personality" actually makes a difference for any of those, its as likely to be men as women to like it and want a partner with a "good personality." It's actually a minus for both men and women when it comes to one-night stands:feelshaha:, which is hilarious when you look at how much of a plus looks and money are for those:feelskek:, literally, "alright, you're a nice person, so get in line and wait for me until after I'm done fucking the rich Chad/Stacy:chad::foidSoy:.":lul:

Looks are the king when it comes to sexual enjoyment, with people enjoying sex with attractive partners the most, while money is the most important factor for deciding whether contact with someone is good:feelshaha:, because of course it is:feelskek:.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back