Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Thoughts on long video essays?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Seems that lately those long video essays (like 3 hours long but I've seen even 8 hours :shock: ) about particular media topics have become so popular lately. I get many on my recommended youtube feed even if I'm not interested in them. I have no problem watching long videos if the topic is interesting but no way I'm going to watch a video longer than LOTR talking about Oblivion lore or why Fallout New Vegas is the most important RPG of the 2010s decade kek :feelskek:

12 FUCKING HOURS THAT'S HALF A DAY:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-otpq6oI2Q

Depends on the content

The video essay trend sucks. If it's well done, fine. But it's usually lazy copypaste of Wikipedia and other sources.

I never watch them

If it's longer than 10 minutes I am not watching this shit. It's always some redditors talking.

closed i could do was genosamuel chris chan shit but got bored around the time chris trooned out. i can be ok with long essays if they get some info that is unknown or hard to come by, pictures, video audio etc. they are rare of course. often is just lazy reading wikipedia, that shit sucks

I have braindead zoomer brain so I can't keep attention

I literally put them as backround noise when I'm playing minecraft

they always get sources from reddit lol
I can tell by how much they like going into details about shit that doesn't matter at all.

I usually listen to them while gaming

They can be decent background noise for when you're doing something else.