Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Those who lived in the 90s and even 80s, how big were looks?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1039
  • Start date
Deleted member 1039

Deleted member 1039

Be Free from the slavery of your Ego.
-
Not only in terms of getting a girlfriend or laid, but were good looks talked about constantly the same way nowadays? We're uglies treated worse or better back then? How was hypergamy back then?

@Zyros @Minjaze @Grotesque

You are the only people I know who are 30+ on here

Lookism and inceldom rates massively increased since the advent of social media and apps like Tinder.

BlackpilledAF said:
Lookism and inceldom rates massively increased since the advent of social media and apps like Tinder.
So discrimination against uglies was less common? Was it more taboo to make fun of someone's physical appearance?

Nautica1983 said:
So discrimination against uglies was less common? Was it more taboo to make fun of someone's physical appearance?

School / bullying was always bad for uglies. Children censor themselves less than adults, and it seems a part of human nature to belittle and bully the genetically less fortunate.

In the adult world, things were much better. Without the increased reach that social media networks provide, you could be an average/less-than-average guy, and manage to find yourself a girlfriend within your small social circle. Small fish in a small pond scenario.

Now the pond is huge, and only the big fish eat, if you catch my drift.

BlackpilledAF said:

Great analogy

BlackpilledAF said:
School / bullying was always bad for uglies. Children censor themselves less than adults, and it seems a part of human nature to belittle and bully the genetically less fortunate.

In the adult world, things were much better. Without the increased reach that social media networks provide, you could be an average/less-than-average guy, and manage to find yourself a girlfriend within your small social circle. Small fish in a small pond scenario.

Thanks!

I would have done ok in the 80's being born in the 90's was the nail in the coffin

Taking mid80s-mid90s...
If you had autism/shy you are always fucked. But there was MUCH less choice than today. You pretty much had choices in your neighborhood or school.

I would say there was someone for everyone, if you weren't that hot or didn't have game there was a not so attractive woman for you. If you were a good talker or played in the band you could probably get a pretty girl. THAT BEING SAID, you would probably have to have some game and do the approaching. I was blind to any IOIs then and never had anyone. I had girls talk to me for weeks, that is as far as a good girl will go. I never asked them out though.

Maybe watch the movie "Revenge of the Nerds." In the end the nerds got girls.

If you watch a few old French movies and tv shows from the 80s you'll notice how many men who would be ugly by today's standards were passable as normie tier back then. Women were a bit less attractive than today as well.
Natural selection and social media are ruthless, and the latter harshly compounded the former.
I think the US always had taller, more attractive men because after the WW II Normandie raid the myth of the handsome GI was born in France.

My dad would've never had a chance with my mom in the age of Tinder. She's in her 50s now and still has a bunch of thirsty retards on Facebook. There is no wall for women.

Looks have always mattered, female power and their amount of options has drastically changed.

I grew up in the 90s, and I saw first-hand how technology absolutely destroyed the sexual market and society in general.

Early-mid 90s, nobody around me had phones, pagers, etc... and you talk to just about everyone. If Stacy was at the bus stop with you, she'd talk to you, and it was perfectly normal to talk to her. She still wanted Chad, but at least you were in the game. You could build up social experiences.

Late 90s, this was when phones were becoming a thing and every girl was getting pagers. Similar to today, they'd be on their devices 24/7. Those times just a few years ago when they would be bored and talk to you, now they're on their device setting up dates with Chad, Brad and Tad, and gossiping with their equally attractive cunt friends bragging about stupid shit.

How quickly social situations became pure misery for the ugly male. This is the main reason video games became popular again. We no longer had a chance. The only thing the ugly male could do is LDAR and cope with the technology that concurrently destroyed us.

Grotesque said:
Looks have always mattered, female power and their amount of options has drastically changed.

I grew up in the 90s, and I saw first-hand how technology absolutely destroyed the sexual market and society in general.

Early-mid 90s, nobody around me had phones, pagers, etc... and you talk to just about everyone. If Stacy was at the bus stop with you, she'd talk to you, and it was perfectly normal to talk to her. She still wanted Chad, but at least you were in the game. You could build up social experiences.

Late 90s, this was when phones were becoming a thing and every girl was getting pagers. Similar to today, they'd be on their devices 24/7. Those times just a few years ago when they would be bored and talk to you, now they're on their device setting up dates with Chad, Brad and Tad, and gossiping with their equally attractive cunt friends bragging about stupid shit.

How quickly social situations became pure misery for the ugly male. This is the main reason video games became popular again. We no longer had a chance. The only thing the ugly male could do is LDAR and cope with the technology that concurrently destroyed us.

So technology is the  biggest reason. Fuck! If i was born 10 years earlier i couldve gotten laid.