Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

This was posted on r/Christianity two years ago

• Thread starter Deleted member 34920
  • Start date
Deleted member 34920

Deleted member 34920

How do I change my username
-
I was wondering what you guys think of it:

Someone's Gotta Be Evangelist to the Incels​

When I first heard the term "incel" maybe a year ago, I first felt compassion. I'm very ugly, and as a result normally ignored / passed over / underrated in terms of trustworthiness and capability. Moreover I've seen first hand how insane Hook Up culture is: and in places (like colleges) where sex is a major, major source of social capital, to feel "left out" must be painful.
I know loneliness and isolation, and I felt bad for them.
That was, of course, until I actually looked at the community. "r/Incels," was the most abhorrent place I'd ever been, and I still doubt I've topped it. The pain of loneliness is so real, but instead of being a help-group for pain, it was a slew of misogyny, racism, hatred, rape apologetics, suicide-encouragement, anger...there was no single redeeming thing about that community, and that's not something I've ever said before.
And yet, for whatever reason, I found myself going back. Like Herod, who secretly loved to listen to John the Baptist, I found myself unable to tear my eyes away from the train wreck of Incels. It was everything I hated: shoddy or nonexistent logic, inhumanity / lack of compassion for others, refusal to get help or even admit they needed it...It was people who lived purely in a fantasy land, and I found it fascinating.
I think, counterintuitively, it was very good for me that I did. I have a friend or two in real life who espouse what I would call "light" intel views: One a computer programmer who almost never leaves his room and is bitter that women won't show up and date him somehow; the other a slightly jaded ex-athlete who thinks that sex is about the only worthwhile pursuit in life.
Seeing the terminal dead end of intel philosophy helped me to identify it and gently challenge the traces of it in my friends (counter to my online persona, I can actually be somewhat diplomatic irl! :) )
Still to this day I enjoy r/IncelTears somewhat, because you can open the sub and just be like "okay boys, what utter insanity are we in for today!"
In my time, I have noticed that maybe 0.001% of incels are religious: and the one or two that are seem to be attracted to a bizarrely intense form of "fire and brimstone" Christianity that is neither profound, accurate, or based on the New Testament.
I do not think this is an accident.
Having made somewhat of an amateur study of this...cultural phenomenon, I believe the Gospel has EVERYTHING to offer an incel: I would without reservation call it the best cure.
Consider these things, which I believe would happen in order:
a) A new worldview in which sex is drastically deflated. Authentic Christianity does not hold sex up as a major activity you should be constantly doing or trying to obtain. Even though sex is exalted as beautiful and spiritually significant, it is not treated as something that you should be working towards in middle school for example, and it does not teach you to derive your self worth from that.
b) A new channel for their intensity. I remember reading a story about a monk who had formerly been a Satanist (like a sacrificing animals one, not a LeVeyan atheist one) and someone asked him if that was a big change: satanism to a MONASTERY. He told the reporter that the fact was he was an intense sort of person by nature, if he was going to be a non-Christian, he'd be sacrificing goats to Satan, if he was going to be a Christian, he was going to follow Jesus' precepts to the letter, giving away all he had to the poor. I sense a lot of that in incels. They are intense people, and they direct that intensity into hating women, hating themselves, obsessing over sex. They need something equally intense to put all of that into. Normal, quotidian "be a respectful person" does not offer something that they respect: they look with disdain on the idea. It's clear to me that they need an equally high intensity channel.
c) A new worldview within which to understand women. "In Christ there is neither male nor female," and who is the greatest of all the Saints? Mary! Women were the apostles to the apostles, women are routinely held up in the New Testament as exemplars of the early Church. The idea that women manipulate men using sex will slowly dissipate when you consider the many nuns and holy women who did not do that.
d) A new worldview within which to understand virginity. Paul praises virginity, as do (universally) the early doctors of the Church, the mystics, philosophers, and writers. So much of the incel's awful views will change when they stop hating themselves, and if they begin to see virginity as a holy and praiseworthy thing, they will be able to get over some of that internal loathing.
The Gospel is pure life to everyone, but I believe incels are seriously, desperately in need of it. They may hate and despise religion (except for a nutty, ultra-strict love of Sharia Law) but it is exactly what they need. Imagine if they learned to make love of neighbour the highest good. Imagine if they learned to imitate Jesus. Imagine if they learned to abandon their fantasies of what they worry life is like, and began living God's truth in the real world.
In some ways, I still feel pity for them. They are trapped in a pit of hatred, and admittedly the hatred is of their own making, but imagine if they could escape. How happy they would be!
Someone has to do it, I say. I doubt I'd make a good evangelist, as I tend to get short tempered when people use poor logic, and for sure there would be a TON of that in the beginning...

I was wondering what you guys think of it:

Someone's Gotta Be Evangelist to the Incels​

When I first heard the term "incel" maybe a year ago, I first felt compassion. I'm very ugly, and as a result normally ignored / passed over / underrated in terms of trustworthiness and capability. Moreover I've seen first hand how insane Hook Up culture is: and in places (like colleges) where sex is a major, major source of social capital, to feel "left out" must be painful.
I know loneliness and isolation, and I felt bad for them.
That was, of course, until I actually looked at the community. "r/Incels," was the most abhorrent place I'd ever been, and I still doubt I've topped it. The pain of loneliness is so real, but instead of being a help-group for pain, it was a slew of misogyny, racism, hatred, rape apologetics, suicide-encouragement, anger...there was no single redeeming thing about that community, and that's not something I've ever said before.
And yet, for whatever reason, I found myself going back. Like Herod, who secretly loved to listen to John the Baptist, I found myself unable to tear my eyes away from the train wreck of Incels. It was everything I hated: shoddy or nonexistent logic, inhumanity / lack of compassion for others, refusal to get help or even admit they needed it...It was people who lived purely in a fantasy land, and I found it fascinating.
I think, counterintuitively, it was very good for me that I did. I have a friend or two in real life who espouse what I would call "light" intel views: One a computer programmer who almost never leaves his room and is bitter that women won't show up and date him somehow; the other a slightly jaded ex-athlete who thinks that sex is about the only worthwhile pursuit in life.
Seeing the terminal dead end of intel philosophy helped me to identify it and gently challenge the traces of it in my friends (counter to my online persona, I can actually be somewhat diplomatic irl! :) )
Still to this day I enjoy r/IncelTears somewhat, because you can open the sub and just be like "okay boys, what utter insanity are we in for today!"
In my time, I have noticed that maybe 0.001% of incels are religious: and the one or two that are seem to be attracted to a bizarrely intense form of "fire and brimstone" Christianity that is neither profound, accurate, or based on the New Testament.
I do not think this is an accident.
Having made somewhat of an amateur study of this...cultural phenomenon, I believe the Gospel has EVERYTHING to offer an incel: I would without reservation call it the best cure.
Consider these things, which I believe would happen in order:
a) A new worldview in which sex is drastically deflated. Authentic Christianity does not hold sex up as a major activity you should be constantly doing or trying to obtain. Even though sex is exalted as beautiful and spiritually significant, it is not treated as something that you should be working towards in middle school for example, and it does not teach you to derive your self worth from that.
b) A new channel for their intensity. I remember reading a story about a monk who had formerly been a Satanist (like a sacrificing animals one, not a LeVeyan atheist one) and someone asked him if that was a big change: satanism to a MONASTERY. He told the reporter that the fact was he was an intense sort of person by nature, if he was going to be a non-Christian, he'd be sacrificing goats to Satan, if he was going to be a Christian, he was going to follow Jesus' precepts to the letter, giving away all he had to the poor. I sense a lot of that in incels. They are intense people, and they direct that intensity into hating women, hating themselves, obsessing over sex. They need something equally intense to put all of that into. Normal, quotidian "be a respectful person" does not offer something that they respect: they look with disdain on the idea. It's clear to me that they need an equally high intensity channel.
c) A new worldview within which to understand women. "In Christ there is neither male nor female," and who is the greatest of all the Saints? Mary! Women were the apostles to the apostles, women are routinely held up in the New Testament as exemplars of the early Church. The idea that women manipulate men using sex will slowly dissipate when you consider the many nuns and holy women who did not do that.
d) A new worldview within which to understand virginity. Paul praises virginity, as do (universally) the early doctors of the Church, the mystics, philosophers, and writers. So much of the incel's awful views will change when they stop hating themselves, and if they begin to see virginity as a holy and praiseworthy thing, they will be able to get over some of that internal loathing.
The Gospel is pure life to everyone, but I believe incels are seriously, desperately in need of it. They may hate and despise religion (except for a nutty, ultra-strict love of Sharia Law) but it is exactly what they need. Imagine if they learned to make love of neighbour the highest good. Imagine if they learned to imitate Jesus. Imagine if they learned to abandon their fantasies of what they worry life is like, and began living God's truth in the real world.
In some ways, I still feel pity for them. They are trapped in a pit of hatred, and admittedly the hatred is of their own making, but imagine if they could escape. How happy they would be!
Someone has to do it, I say. I doubt I'd make a good evangelist, as I tend to get short tempered when people use poor logic, and for sure there would be a TON of that in the beginning...
> r/Christianity

Christianity is pathetic weak cucked meme religion these days and it always has been cucked

God does not exist

Actually more incels are religious than he says.

Btw. about calling incels racist, mysogynist, etc. Keep in mind that Jesus also ate with the sinners (Mark 2)

15 While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees(D) saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”(E)

17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”(F)

Christianity has totally corrupted but fuck the church and its modern followers , what matters is what the bible says

I joined the Church at 16 .y.o. It was indeed very good compared to my previous hellish existence. I felt bright. But the one think make me really sad: I wanted to know female, I wanted to be attractive to women because I was attracted to them. But it never happened because I am ugly. And I wasn't very happy. I finally lost interest in Church.

I want a FAMILY Idgaf about sex. I would be fine to keep my virginity if I had a gf and she was virgin too. But noo, I have to be treated as a useless kid all my life because of something I can't control. FUCK THIS NIGGA. FUCK THIS WORLD.

Roosh converted to Orthodox Christianity. One of the leading figures in American Orthodoxy was hieromonk Seraphim Rose, an American who joined Russian Orthodox Church outside of Russia. He used Romeo and Juliet as example of true love in his lectures for youth. As a someone, who never experienced teen love, love in general, an affection from women ( except pity ) its very saddening to live such existence even in "true faith". I craved female affection more than anything in life but to no avail.

It was a slew of misogyny, racism, hatred, rape apologetics, suicide-encouragement.
Yeah sorry for raping you see you next time.

Also if Christians are nice people then I need some young Nun ass to pound like bongo drums.

Just channel your sexual frustration into becoming a spiritual, hard-working, incel-in-denial cuck theory

all religions are nonsense but modern Christianity has to be the most pathetic charade ever seen in humanities history, they just pick and choose the parts of their holy book they want to follow depending on what is convenient for them.

I joined the Church at 16 .y.o. It was indeed very good compared to my previous hellish existence. I felt bright. But the one think make me really sad: I wanted to know female, I wanted to be attractive to women because I was attracted to them. But it never happened because I am ugly. And I wasn't very happy. I finally lost interest in Church.
Me too, religion was good cope

Religion is shit anyway

Of course. I’m sure the mods are trying to steer Christianity towards what they think it should be rather than what it actually is. Not sure why I expected a sub that promotes an ideology that conflicts with what the average Redditor believes in to be not cucked.

Of course. I’m sure the mods are trying to steer Christianity towards what they think it should be rather than what it actually is. Not sure why I expected a sub that promotes an ideology that conflicts with what the average Redditor believes in to be not cucked.
So many subs on reddit that go against what the admins want are actually taken over by AHS types and used to mock said topic or person.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AntifascistsofReddit/comments/b9qbe7/another_hate_sub_seized_and_turned_into_helpful/
as an example.

I should be shocked that they’re so brazen with their propaganda, but this feels expected.
They not only want to ban their enemies but strawman and hijack the likeness of their enemies after to shit on them even more. It's extremely petty but also really obvious. This is what they consider to be their entertainment after all.

Actually more incels are religious than he says.

Btw. about calling incels racist, mysogynist, etc. Keep in mind that Jesus also ate with the sinners (Mark 2)

15 While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees(D) saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”(E)

17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”(F)
:feelsstudy: