Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Thinking of organizing a short story or other type of writing contest for the forum.

incels.is short story/writing contest?

• Great idea, I would participate in the contest

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Great idea, I would read the stories and vote on them

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Bad idea, would not participate or read the stories

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fantasycel

fantasycel

Things are always better in my head
★★★
Would anyone be interested? There could maybe be a small prize like an amazon gift card or something too to incentivize people a bit more.

The stories could be submitted anonymously and people could vote on them to decide the winner.

Based

I myself would participate

@WorthlessSlavicShit thoughts?

I'm not the best writer but I'd join

@fantasycel Please impose a "no smut/literotica" rule.

I'd read and vote on them

it would be a mogging contest in who could write the best, so no

I was thinking things like, "Day in the life of an incel" or "The day I realized it was over".
I might be in the minority here but I'm really not interested in writing anything directly inceldom related. I feel like that would restrict the freedom of the writing. I'd be fine with writing/reading fictional short stories that have the themes of loneliness, isolation, regret, etc however.

:feelsYall:

Suicide fuel for @WorthlessSlavicShit. :lul:
No problem;):feelsokman:.

I might be in the minority here but I'm really not interested in writing anything directly inceldom related. I feel like that would restrict the freedom of the writing. I'd be fine with writing/reading fictional short stories that have the themes of loneliness, isolation, regret, etc however.
I rather agree with this. If we get enough people on board then somebody is bound to write an inceldom related story anyway, so I don't think we need to restrict it to those specific themes, not least because I can imagine that if it were something really specific then the stories could risk being too similar.

I rather agree with this. If we get enough people on board then somebody is bound to write an inceldom related story anyway, so I don't think we need to restrict it to those specific themes, not least because I can imagine that if it were something really specific then the stories could risk being too similar.
I see. What kind of themes would you like to write about? I don't think it should be too broad either.

I see. What kind of themes would you like to write about? I don't think it should be too broad either.
Agreed. I think @PixyBLACKED nailed it more or less, something about loneliness, isolation and so on would I think be right up this forum's alley. Depends on what the others say though, of course. After that, we could decide stuff like whether only realistic stories should be included, how strong those themes should be in them, and so on.

Agreed. I think @PixyBLACKED nailed it more or less, something about loneliness, isolation and so on would I think be right up this forum's alley. Depends on what the others say though, of course. After that, we could decide stuff like whether only realistic stories should be included, how strong those themes should be in them, and so on.
Alright, sounds good. Would be nice if mods pinned because I think this could be good for the forum. After seeing how many people are interested I'll make a poll for what theme should be written on, and then a post for the actual start of the contest.

@Fat Link @LeFrenchCel @TheProphetMuscle

Alright, sounds good. Would be nice if mods pinned because I think this could be good for the forum. After seeing how many people are interested I'll make a poll for what theme should be written on, and then a post for the actual start of the contest.

@Fat Link @LeFrenchCel @TheProphetMuscle
:yes::yes:

it would be a mogging contest in who could write the best, so no

>NOOO I CANT ACCEPT PEOPLE BEING BETTER THAN ME IN ANYTHING!!!!

It also would make the amount of stories limiting. There's only so many times you can talk about the same topic

What would be the prompt or brief for the story.

What are some themes or prompts for a short story you would like to write about?
Fiction. Here's an idea:
It's the radical year of 2060, 70% of US males are incel. What happens next?

My brain is too fried to come up with any good story. Maybe i could have done it a few years ago

My lizard brain is incapable of structuring a story in a proper way

But I'll read and vote :feelsokman::bigbrain:

@fantasycel does this count as a short story?

@fantasycel does this count as a short story?

No, it is more like a news article.