Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious thinking of learning how to code

depressedblackcel

depressedblackcel

Self-banned
-
I'm not really that good at math but I'd love to learn how to code. I don't mind a couple years learning this, but what would you say is the best way to approach this?

Coding is boring, learn math first

Last edited:
8927.jpg

"I like first thing and not second thing therefore do first thing"

You're a teenager, aren't you?
Sure.

Why are you so bothered by CS being boring? Just because you are graduating it?

Sure.

Why are you so bothered by CS being boring? Just because you are graduating it?
No, but saying coding is boring and math is somehow fun makes it seem like you're trying to act smart.

No, but saying coding is boring and math is somehow fun makes it seem like you're trying to act smart.
How so? Coding requires math

Nice!- I've been a programmer for many years, and I enjoy it quite a bit.- Had the chance to work on several interesting projects (and several hum-drum projects too lol)

I started out by trying it at home.- Made a few small programs just for fun, then made a video game, etc.- Decided this was my thing, and when I hit college I went for a Computer Science degree.

It's been fun; I hope you enjoy it too.

Nice!- I've been a programmer for many years, and I enjoy it quite a bit.- Had the chance to work on several interesting projects (and several hum-drum projects too lol)

I started out by trying it at home.- Made a few small programs just for fun, then made a video game, etc.- Decided this was my thing, and when I hit college I went for a Computer Science degree.

It's been fun; I hope you enjoy it too.
ty, I've always avoided math but I really want to giv it a shot. I know programming has math in it ofc but I think if I truly work hard I can make it somewhere

You want to learn it as a hobby or for working? Because if it's the second unless you have a degree related with computers or engineering you will always be in disadvantage even if you're very good at it. I know you can get certifications but a university degree is always preferred by employers.

You want to learn it as a hobby or for working? Because if it's the second unless you have a degree related with computers or engineering you will always be in disadvantage even if you're very good at it. I know you can get certifications but a university degree is always preferred by employers.
for fun tbh, like a side thing

How so? Coding requires math
Coding uses arithmetic and requires basic algebraic understanding of rule operation. That's mostly it. It's comparably very little math compared to what you're exposed to when doing physics for example.

Coding itself is logic represented in a given programming language.

You dont really need math tbh. I mean it certainly helps for sure, and with certain concepts and projects youll need to know certain math. But you can cover that whenever you need too. First things you'll really want to get familiar with are a language of choice, the features of the language, syntax, program flow, and typical programs so you understand how to bring a program together.