Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Things were worse in 2009

• Thread starter Teutonic Knight
  • Start date
Teutonic Knight

Teutonic Knight

Mythic
A lot of people are going to say but muh Tinder etc.

If you're a truecel, none of this matters. You were not getting laid back in 2009 either. It's only the normies who got destroyed in the 2010s.

I was 20 back then and life was pretty shit for men like me.

Ideologically and politically speaking, the situation in the West was actually much worse than now, mentally speaking. Everything was extremely politically correct. There was literally no alternative to the system. You were either a right wing conservative neocon who fanatically supported the EU, USA and NATO or you were some "moderate" elitist left winger who supported those same things but just looked down on everyone that wasn't some upper class "educated" leftie. There was no "populism", no "Russian trolls", nothing. The far-right was in the hands of delusional boomer cucks who were totally defeatist and only there to earn money. Things were very stale. The censorship on the internet was actually just as bad if not worse because fewer people were shitposting and those that said something "extreme" were more exposed. I remember some people in Czech republic got jail time (or parole) for posting neo-Nazi YouTube music videos on Facebook. Moderators of Stormfront arrested in European countries and so on. The hysteria against holocaust denial was huge. Internet sites were routinely shut down. I'd argue that the censorship was worse back then.

It was only around 2014-ish that things started to change and the "populist" "nationalist" parties were getting momentum. ISIS, Merkel's rapefugees, migrant crisis etc. and especially after 2016 and Trump. Shitposting and memes also became more powerful weapon and the elites were forced to get more lenient on internet censorship.

Also with regards to incels and blackpill, it was hard to get blackpilled 10 years ago, everyone was in big denial, these things weren't discussed so much. People who didn't get laid didn't dare to talk much about it. PUA was still a big thing and bullshit advice was the norm. People who didn't manage to get laid blamed themselves. You also didn't have things like Tinder experiments and similar studies to back up the facts yet.

If you were a truecel in your early 20s in 2009, things were shit for you. You wouldn't have this forum to cope, you wouldn't even know what incel or blackpill is. If you tried to cope with extremist politics you would be under heavier scrutiny.

The absolute worst thing back then was the feeling that the system is never going to change. These days the mentality is different and the elites are in panic. There is this satisfaction of seeing the clown world destroying itself. I didn't see that back in 2009.

You do realise in 2008 over 92% of men had fucked a girl in the year prior but in 2018 only 72% has? I agree that for us trucels it would have been worse but for the zoomer incels who wouldn’t have been incel had they been born in another generation, shit has gotten worse

You do realise in 2008 over 92% of men had fucked a girl in the year prior but in 2018 only 72% has?

So? How does that make it better for myself or society?

It was only good for degenerate normies.

Also you're talking about America. I'm from Eastern Europe. Being non-NT is death sentence in EE since around 1980.

Good points tbh.

I started Nazi-coping around 2008 when I had first learned of my low SMV. I was 13 years old and knew I had next to no hope of ever getting a girlfriend (wasn't until recently that I realized I had absolutely no hope). Extremist forums on both the right and the left were and are full of incels who need something to blame for their woes other than their own inherent inferiority.

I started Nazi-coping around 2008 when I had first learned of my low SMV. I was 13 years old and knew I had next to no hope of ever getting a girlfriend (wasn't until recently that I realized I had absolutely no hope). Extremist forums on both the right and the left were and are full of incels who need something to blame for their woes other than their own inherent inferiority.

2004 in my case. 2000s were such a shit decade. It was basically so obvious that we're all incels coping with some extremist shit but no one dared to say it. It was kind of unwritten rule that you don't talk about it online.

I was fucked
I am fucked
I will be fucked

A lot of people are going to say but muh Tinder etc.

If you're a truecel, none of this matters. You were not getting laid back in 2009 either. It's only the normies who got destroyed in the 2010s.

I was 20 back then and life was pretty shit for men like me.

Ideologically and politically speaking, the situation in the West was actually much worse than now, mentally speaking. Everything was extremely politically correct. There was literally no alternative to the system. You were either a right wing conservative neocon who fanatically supported the EU, USA and NATO or you were some "moderate" elitist left winger who supported those same things but just looked down on everyone that wasn't some upper class "educated" leftie. There was no "populism", no "Russian trolls", nothing. The far-right was in the hands of delusional boomer cucks who were totally defeatist and only there to earn money. Things were very stale. The censorship on the internet was actually just as bad if not worse because fewer people were shitposting and those that said something "extreme" were more exposed. I remember some people in Czech republic got jail time (or parole) for posting neo-Nazi YouTube music videos on Facebook. Moderators of Stormfront arrested in European countries and so on. The hysteria against holocaust denial was huge. Internet sites were routinely shut down. I'd argue that the censorship was worse back then.

It was only around 2014-ish that things started to change and the "populist" "nationalist" parties were getting momentum. ISIS, Merkel's rapefugees, migrant crisis etc. and especially after 2016 and Trump. Shitposting and memes also became more powerful weapon and the elites were forced to get more lenient on internet censorship.

Also with regards to incels and blackpill, it was hard to get blackpilled 10 years ago, everyone was in big denial, these things weren't discussed so much. People who didn't get laid didn't dare to talk much about it. PUA was still a big thing and bullshit advice was the norm. People who didn't manage to get laid blamed themselves. You also didn't have things like Tinder experiments and similar studies to back up the facts yet.

If you were a truecel in your early 20s in 2009, things were shit for you. You wouldn't have this forum to cope, you wouldn't even know what incel or blackpill is. If you tried to cope with extremist politics you would be under heavier scrutiny.

The absolute worst thing back then was the feeling that the system is never going to change. These days the mentality is different and the elites are in panic. There is this satisfaction of seeing the clown world destroying itself. I didn't see that back in 2009.
Politically it's quite correct.
This has always been my position, that the 2000s were the time of absolute, purest darkness, when the forces of evil were making huge territorial gains without being opposed at all by anyone, and anyone saying anything was totally crazy and nuts.

Only in the blind moronic purest darkness of the 2000s could you have shit like this going down and at such a scale https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Mol
At least in the 2010s some kind of opposition began, however flimsy, people just barely started waking up.

In West maybe, but better in East Europa

In West maybe, but better in East Europa

The countries that entered EU in 2004 were pretty fucked up. Also countries that were in process of Euro-Atlantic integrations. In those countries, pro-EU degenerate propaganda was runing rampant.

The countries that entered EU in 2004 were pretty fucked up. Also countries that were in process of Euro-Atlantic integrations. In those countries, pro-EU degenerate propaganda was runing rampant.
Fuck propaganda. Social life was better, and thats more important. And now just to soyboymaxx or hikikomorimaxx in this totally cucked alienated westernised society

In 2009 I was equally fucked but happier and less nihilistic.

Well, there was no instagram or tinder back then so only for that I gotta say that I miss so much 2009.

it is truth that dissent to the system was weaker. the leftist were at its highest point of power.

A decade of the same old bullshit for me

At least in 2009 tech was getting better and i looked forward to that. Now it' just one redesigned piece of shit after the next. I have no tech to look forward to.

Jfl an incel giving a shit about politics, nationalism or race.
And while ten years ago was certainly a shit time to be a shit-tier male, the cutoff for that status was significantly lower. And if you were a normie, having a non-hideous girlfriend wasn't hard.

Life has always been shit for low tier males, the only thing different now is that a larger percentage of males are considered low tier.

Cope Ugly=Death since the first monkey learned to speak.

You do realise in 2008 over 92% of men had fucked a girl in the year prior but in 2018 only 72% has? I agree that for us trucels it would have been worse but for the zoomer incels who wouldn’t have been incel had they been born in another generation, shit has gotten worse
If those figures are accurate do you think the trend will continue throughout the 2020s? Do you think there will be any major social/political consequences if this trend continues and what form will these consequences take?

I wasn't getting laid because I was 9 years old. I didn't even reach puberty yet and didn't want sex at all.

Those were some strange times. It's hard to believe that I once didn't desire or need sex.

i enjoyed those times but i was young

I didn't care about women at that time tbh