Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious There may be no point in saving for retirement soon...

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Peace & Dharma ; Vishwaguru India!
★★★★★
AI grows faster and faster. There is no doubt in my mind that almost every single job maybe literally every single job will be replaced by an AI within 30 years at this point. I am questioning myself at this point whether or not it is even worth focusing on retirement maxxing. Governments will have to give NEET bux whether they like it or not, or watch everything completely collapse around them within the next 30 years.

The method of saving up like a boomer has been long since over, grAY boy

I'm not saving for retirement for a few reasons

1. I don't want to live when I am old
2. I don't make enough money to spend on my copes and save. I'd rather enjoy my copes now.
3. the world will go to shit anyways

lol bullshit. there will always be human operators. ai will create more research orientated jobs in the sciences. finding new drugs is difficult as fuck for artificial intelligence, and requires a lot of human oversight. so is researching new chemicals. There are things that AI are not capable of doing yet, like radiology datasets and stuff .

probably it's time to save as most money as you need before soyceity falls down and robots start controlling every thing. or even better, maybe it's time to go to a third world country, i am pretty sure the AI take over will need a lot of time before it comes to third world countries but it will be here one day.
literally every single job will be replaced by an AI
i don't think so unless robots start doing jobs, AI won't be able to do a ton of manual jobs and we will just need humans to do that shit but it will definitely decrease the number of working people by a lot

I'm not saving for retirement for a few reasons

1. I don't want to live when I am old
2. I don't make enough money to spend on my copes and save. I'd rather enjoy my copes now.
3. the world will go to shit anyways
agreed. I have saved up a lot but I am starting to reevaluate my life's plan. Machines will probably replace my job within 10-15 years. And of course , a billion jobs along with it.

lol bullshit. there will always be human operators.
why would you need a human at all when a robot can do every single thing better, without bias, and at a significantly lower cost?

Jobs will change, they won't go away. At least not within our lifetime. This is like the industrial revolution, just with steroids

Jobs will change, they won't go away. At least not within our lifetime. This is like the industrial revolution, just with steroids
You need to interact with the AI and also see the progress that Boston Dynamics is making on physical robots. I used to think similarly to you. But at this point there is not a single thing I can do which an AI cannot do better.

why would you need a human at all when a robot can do every single thing better, without bias, and at a significantly lower cost?i
I don't think the change would be that drastic. it would push more people into intellectual research fields. we would have more scientists in the future instead of lower intellectual work.

I don't think the change would be that drastic. it would push more people into intellectual research fields. we would have more scientists in the future instead of lower intellectual work.
AI will eventually have a physical body to do the research work itself and thus their will be no need for a human labor worker at all.

You need to interact with the AI and also see the progress that Boston Dynamics is making on physical robots. I used to think similarly to you. But at this point there is not a single thing I can do which an AI cannot do better.
AIs still lack creativity and are not able to come up with solutions to diverse needs, they are not able to mantain legacy code. Nor able to come up with good software on their own. Until AGI exists(which may murder us all) we're fine i think.

Sure you can do a few prompts and ChatGPT pops a nice solution to your problem, it's like a search engine but better. Now if you ask if to make a web page it can still make it, if you get more and more and more specific it will get stupid.

When you see peak human craft and you compare it to IA it's always dogshit. Be it code, art, music, etc. What AI does it's emulate something human made, really well. Thus it's "impressive". I'm not saying we will get to the point where it will become scary what AI does, but i still think there's ways to go. I also hope that i don't have to see AI murder us all in my life.

Even if AIs do most of the work. Someone will have to test it, someone will have to calibrate it and someone will have to ask it to do things. Then modify it accordingly. Robots and AIs are nothing new, they are just overpowered right now.

That's what i think at least, and what i hope. If corporations manage to make AI self-sufficient and be a god, then whatever i guess. I'll be fine with being able to have a house, food and internet.

AIs still lack creativity and are not able to come up with solutions to diverse needs, they are not able to mantain legacy code. Nor able to come up with good software on their own. Until AGI exists(which may murder us all) we're fine i think.

Sure you can do a few prompts and ChatGPT pops a nice solution to your problem, it's like a search engine but better. Now if you ask if to make a web page it can still make it, if you get more and more and more specific it will get stupid.

When you see peak human craft and you compare it to IA it's always dogshit. Be it code, art, music, etc. What AI does it's emulate something human made, really well. Thus it's "impressive". I'm not saying we will get to the point where it will become scary what AI does, but i still think there's ways to go. I also hope that i don't have to see AI murder us all in my life.

Even if AIs do most of the work. Someone will have to test it, someone will have to calibrate it and someone will have to ask it to do things. Then modify it accordingly. Robots and AIs are nothing new, they are just overpowered right now.

That's what i think at least, and what i hope. If corporations manage to make AI self-sufficient and be a god, then whatever i guess. I'll be fine with being able to have a house, food and internet.
imo we are safe for 10-15 years. As jobs will probably still have humans verifying the AI generated products. But within 30-40 years. Faith in AI will be great enough to no longer have any human verifying its work.

imo we are safe for 10-15 years. As jobs will probably still have humans verifying the AI generated products. But within 30-40 years. Faith in AI will be great enough to no longer have any human verifying its work.
Sure man, if being unable to work means i'll get something like SAO in our lifetime, that would be awesome.