Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Therapy culture is infecting country music

Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Intersectional autistic supremacy
★★★★★
Incels are constantly told to "go to therapy," but why bother when our entire soyciety is permeated with its memes? You have probably already absorbed most of the messages that a therapist would give you through socialization and acculturalization via the school system and mass media. If it didn't help you there, it certainly won't here.

A good example is this song that regularly plays on country stations now:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsFb67fo7nE

The lyrics are filled with tropes from CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy).

And this includes the logical fallacies that are to be found within CBT. Consider in this regard the following two sets of lyrics:

You either go to church or you gonna go to Hell
Get a job and work or you gonna go to jail
I just kinda wish we didn't think like that
Why's it gotta be all white or all black?

Look around and love somebody
We've been hateful long enough

The song denounces what psychologists call dichotomous thinking (or "thinking in black-and-white"), yet expresses a dichotomous viewpoint about how one should be "loving" instead of "hating" others. Indeed, the dichotomy of love/hate is the most basic example of black-and-white thinking that there is, the origin of which is to be found in young infants and their object relations towards their mothers. When used in adulthood like this, it is clearly reductionist beyond reason, rigidly lumping a plethora of behaviors into merely two categories.

This is just like how in CBT therapy, "dichotomous thinking" is called a cognitive distortion, even though the therapy itself engages in dichotomous thinking! The very notion of distinguishing "positive thoughts" from "negative thoughts," as CBT does, is dichotomous in essence. It's just that the therapy is obviously biased in favor of what it terms positive, and against what it terms negative (which are by no means objective labels, and it becomes a tautology to term things in this way).

Another set of lyrics worth mentioning are these:

I think it's time to come together
You and I can make a change
Maybe we can make a difference
Make the world a better place

The onus of social change is placed on the atomized individual, in a way that suits our neoliberal order, for it is bound to be ineffectual. Rather than rushing the US capitol as a group, for instance, you are told to individually "love somebody" and "maybe make a difference." :lul:

Which goes to show that the way in which country music is being corrupted by soy has to do with the individualistic orientation that the right-wing in America has always had. It sowed the seeds of its own destruction.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it was Dr. Pierce who may of first discovered sometime before he died that Jews were beginning to go after country music.

And this includes the logical fallacies that are to be found within CBT. Consider in this regard the following two sets of lyrics:

Another set of lyrics worth mentioning are these:
those lyrics :feelspuke:

those lyrics :feelspuke:
To be sure, the promotion of NEETdom is endearing. But overall the song is putrid, de-radicalizing propaganda, meant to effeminize the American right-wing in case it became too emboldened by the Capitol lulz.

Case in point: the song says to "reunite with this country that we love," obviously referencing the corollary disunity of the Trump era, as culminating in the Capitol lulz, and making a faux appeal to patriotism in spite of it.

The fact that the lyrics are influenced by the field of psychology is no mistake, for psychology is precisely meant to lower the tempo of politics, and diminish expectations by having you "talk out your anger" and such instead of acting on it (say, by executing your masters).

Yeah I think it was Dr. Pierce who may of first discovered sometime before he died that Jews were beginning to go after country music.
The same corporations which own country record labels also own rap record labels.

I wonder if any rap song this gay has ever been published by them? :feelskek:

Last edited:
Good Analysis

Double emphasis on the word "love". Neolib order uses this meaningless word to evoke emotions instead of reason (because everyone have their own idea of love but reason is universal). They can literally use that word to fit any agenda and give it a nice clean face which invokes positive emotions.

No wonder my playlist is devoid of love songs.

Double emphasis on the word "love". Neolib order uses this meaningless word to evoke emotions instead of reason (because everyone have their own idea of love but reason is universal). They can literally use that word to fit any agenda and give it a nice clean face which invokes positive emotions.

No wonder my playlist is devoid of love songs.
Neoliberal "love" = a shallow sort of high agreeableness meant to compensate for unprecedented levels of social alienation and an overall lack of collective solidarity

fuck man, that barely sounds like a country song. For shame Tim McGraw.

"I think"

two words I don't want to hear in my country

Neoliberal "love" = a shallow sort of high agreeableness meant to compensate for unprecedented levels of social alienation and an overall lack of collective solidarity
:blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:

I hate therapy and therapy culture and all the talk about mental health

"Get a job and work or you gonna go to jail." I thought it was you become homeless if you don't have a job or someone to provide for you.