Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Therapists attempt to use your values against you in order to promote compliance

Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Intersectional autistic supremacy
★★★★★
Since a therapist is incapable of coercing you into conformity, like in disciplinary contexts, they must first get to know your subjectivity and warp it so that it leads to the desired behaviors and/or thoughts.

In order to facilitate this, the therapist is almost totally silent at the beginning of the "therapeutic relationship," as they encourage you to talk about yourself and what you find important for the entire session. Besides providing them fodder for manipulation, this has the added benefit of hooking you in and making you look forward to future sessions, under the illusion that the therapist finds you interesting or cares about your passions.

But it quickly becomes apparent they have a highly specific program to enact (especially in CBT), and that everything you've told them has become ammunition in their arsenal. Their primary objective is to promote cognitive dissonance in you so as to deconstruct your identity/values and make you ripe for conditioning. But in those areas where your identity/values can be used against you for the purposes of conditioning, they will readily do this too.

I came across an excellent example of this today:

The author of this article considers anti-racism to be a "social healing" imperative for therapists. In other words, anti-racism is so important that any disagreement from the patient/client can be completely disregarded, because it transcends their own individual values; it is a matter of the social good.

But for an enterprise as individualistic as psychotherapy, and lacking in social context, this is quite an awkward priority to enforce. So the article recommends that therapists first endeavor to reconcile antiracism with their patient's own value system:

Perhaps in session, or perhaps as part of their action plan, the client could do an Internet search on affirmative action to see its definition and how it’s supposed to work. They could then look up statistics about the proportions of students of different backgrounds who attend the school in question and compare those to the proportions of students of those backgrounds in the broader population. Fairness may be a core value for the client, and this may be a way for the client to act in accordance with that value.
Note that fairness is described here not as an objective good, that can be debated with respect to affirmative action (e.g., is it really "fair" that a lesser qualified applicant gets a job over a better qualified one just because the former's low IQ is considered a racial handicap?). It is described as a subjective value that the therapist can instrumentally use against the client in order to manipulate them into compliance.

This informs much of what therapy is about in general. The therapist all but remains totally silent throughout the entire "relationship," revealing virtually nothing about themselves, while you are laid bare for them to manipulate and pick through.

Case in point: if you use the nuclear card and criticize their methods for being contradictory or hypocritical, they will say nothing. Because in the intake form, you have already agreed to consent, and they no longer have to justify their "treatment" to you. Imagine if sex in marriage still worked this way :lul:

What happens if the patient has no values that can be exploited for the desired ends?

It is, of course, possible that clients will report racist thoughts that do not conflict with their values, and that don’t have an obvious link to their goals for treatment. We maintain that we have an ethical responsibility to relieve suffering, and to address the ideas that lead to suffering. And in doing so in a supportive manner, we may even reduce the harms associated with racism.

They will consider it an "ethical responsibility" to gaslight you, under the notion that your suffering (e.g. losing a job due to affirmative action) is not legitimate or real, unlike their presuppositions and arbitrary "insights," of course.

Last edited:
Their primary objective is to promote cognitive dissonance in you so as to deconstruct your identity/values and make you ripe for conditioning.
It's hard to blame them. The world has degenerated into a moral-free hedonist cesspool. Women in the workforce, men ashamed of their ancestors, and a bizarre obsession with trannies and other perversities. Honestly, cognitivie dissonance is your only option to avoid going mental.

Cock and ball torture

They will consider it an "ethnical responsibility" to gaslight you, under the notion that your suffering (e.g. not getting a job due to affirmative action) is not legitimate or real, unlike their presuppositions and arbitrary "insights," of course.
And to think that people pay big money to talk to these therapists. JFL. You might as well inject gasoline in your veins.

It's hard to blame them. The world has degenerated into a moral-free hedonist cesspool. Women in the workforce, men ashamed of their ancestors, and a bizarre obsession with trannies and other perversities. Honestly, cognitivie dissonance is your only option to avoid going mental.
I mean cognitive dissonance in the sense of mental stress, not compartmentalization.

This mental stress is then alleviated through conditioning.

The therapist pushes you down, and then gives you a hand up (covered with glue that attaches you to them, or rather their conditioning, in perpetuity).

I mean cognitive dissonance in the sense of mental stress, not compartmentalization.
I don't understand. Could you clarify? (Perhaps using the racism example that you posted.)

Those CBT therapists really traumatized you. You make a lot of these threads.

I don't understand. Could you clarify? (Perhaps using the racism example that you posted.)
Cognitive dissonance means that you are mentally stressed out by the fact that you have contradictory thoughts.

Compartmentalization is the cope for this, as you sequester each thought from the other, in order to avoid this stress. You were thinking of this term.

Therapists intentionally seek to make you cognitively dissonant if your beliefs are at odds with their own. This is meant to erode your confidence in your conception of reality, so that it can be replaced with what's presented by them. This process is integral to their so-called "treatment," or conditioning of you.

For example, the article in the OP speaks about making a patient cognitively dissonant by using their value of "fairness" against their apparently racist opposition to affirmative action :feelshaha:

If you resist the therapist's efforts to do this, they will become passive-aggressive, and seek to make you feel ashamed or embarrassment for disagreeing with them or criticizing them.

What is ultimately desired is your full compliance to the therapist -- under the pretense of it being under your own free-will, of course. In many ways, this makes therapy a microcosm of modern "control societies" which demand social conformity and compliance to authority yet speak of freedom and equality, as distinct from disciplinary ones, which rely on outright coercion to produce obedience and justify hierarchies.

Last edited:
Good to understand their tactics.

I would never go one anyway though cause it always came off to me like :bluepill: brainwashing that you pay for from someone that knows less about the world than any of our forum users.

Those CBT therapists really traumatized you. You make a lot of these threads.
I was already traumatized by normalfag society. A quack attempting to manipulate/condition me into compliance with that society only focused my ire onto them.

Beyond the personal, what makes critiques of CBT useful is that the dynamics of this "therapy" reveal a lot about how modern society is structured, as I state above.

The CBT therapist simply seeks to succeed where socialization failed.

Always hug your therapist to see if they care about ya

There's only one thing that I know about therapy. I had to score somewhat good in a very competitive exam to get my degree. I could've exerted 20 times less effort and got myself a degree in psychology.

Now, why would I talk about my life problems to some schmuck who I know went through a less rigorous and lower iq course than mine. As if he's some kind of expert. A course I could've gotten into just as easily.

I have a modicum of respect for psychiatry because in my country you actually need a medical degree and an MD to become one. As long as they stick to curing people with clearly diagnosable mental health disorders.

I was already traumatized by normalfag society. A quack attempting to manipulate/condition me into compliance with that society only focused my ire onto them.

Beyond the personal, what makes critiques of CBT useful is that the dynamics of this "therapy" reveal a lot about how modern society is structured, as I state above.

The CBT therapist simply seeks to succeed where socialization failed.
You're right that there is no transparancy most of the time from the therapist. And if there is no transparancy there will not be enough trust for a working relationship. In essence the therapeutic relationship is supposed to work by attachment, and at this point if the therapist is good, they can work with transference. Because the patient will constantly project their feelings unto the therapist. CBT and schema therapists don't really work with transference anymore and mostly work according to goal-based models. They give you forms for everything so they can quantize everything, and they aim for a difference between their pre- and post-test which is highly biased due to the suggestive nature of therapy. Therapy is not about care anymore, it's just a systemic approach in order to satisy health insurance companies and provide "good" short term results (only on paper). I have had both a schema therapist and 3 psychiatrists. Psychiatrists are incredibly lazy and pretty incompenent, and schema therapist are completely fixated on following their little system. It's completely contradictory with the client-centered approach of Rogers or the psychoanalytic approach from Jung, who both preceeded CBT and schema therapy.

I confessed to my psychiatrist that I was an incel once and from since then he started using it against me. There's that ragefuel memory that sticked in my head where my psychiatrist told me, "Are you an incel or an insect?" When he said that I wanted to punch that soy in the face!

Cognitive dissonance means that you are mentally stressed out by the fact that you have contradictory thoughts.

Compartmentalization is the cope for this, as you sequester each thought from the other, in order to avoid this stress. You were thinking of this term.

Therapists intentionally seek to make you cognitively dissonant if your beliefs are at odds with their own. This is meant to erode your confidence in your conception of reality, so that it can be replaced with what's presented by them. This process is integral to their so-called "treatment," or conditioning of you.

For example, the article in the OP speaks about making a patient cognitively dissonant by using their value of "fairness" against their apparently racist opposition to affirmative action :feelshaha:

If you resist the therapist's efforts to do this, they will become passive-aggressive, and seek to make you feel ashamed or embarrassment for disagreeing with them or criticizing them.

What is ultimately desired is your full compliance to the therapist -- under the pretense of it being under your own free-will, of course. In many ways, this makes therapy a microcosm of modern "control societies" which demand social conformity and compliance to authority yet speak of freedom and equality, as distinct from disciplinary ones, which rely on outright coercion to produce obedience and justify hierarchies.
Thanks, I understand better now.

What do you think is their end-game? Suppose they have achieved the desired compliance, and the control that comes with it. Then what?

What do you think is their end-game? Suppose they have achieved the desired compliance, and the control that comes with it. Then what?
The end goal is for the therapist to become a permanent fixture, or introject, in your mind. It's for you to conduct yourself daily as if the therapist is actively watching you and modifying you, without the need for therapy sessions anymore.

It's like the panopticon -- a prison where the guard is capable of looking into each cell, but the prisoners are incapable of telling when the guard is looking into theirs. This makes it so that the prisoners assume the guard is constantly watching them, with all the implications this has for their thoughts and behavior (namely, they won't even think about escaping anymore, let alone make escape attempts).

Last edited:
I've just came across another example of the psycho-the-rapist strategy of weaponizing cognitive dissonance:

Action #1: Each person has multiple social identities... maybe someone is vaccine-hesitant because so are mothers in her child’s play group, but she is also a caring person, concerned about immunocompromised children.

A patient's group affiliation may lend itself to undesirable behaviors, but as a therapist, all you need to do is make them feel distressed over dissonances, and tell them that the way to resolve this distress are the desired behaviors.

So a mother may be "hesitant" or unwilling to the take the Covid-19 vaccine (and help re-open le economy and get back to le normal) because of her peer group, but you can play upon her maternal instinct by speaking of immunocompromised children, make her feel guilty, and have her seek to resolve this guilt by taking le vax.

Whatever you think about Covid-19 (or antiracism for that matter, as in the OP), it's important to understand this type of manipulation that therapists conduct, and evidently consider their first resort against resistance.

It's puzzling why therapists would want an end to the pandemic, given that the social alienation it has wrought has enriched their industry more than any disaster in history. Psychotherapy's conceit of being a "scientific" medical practice and not just for-profit quackery has clearly gone to their heads :lul:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back