Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Therapists and psychiatrists are complete morons

Fiddlesticks03

Fiddlesticks03

Banned
-
Like they are really, really, really dumb. They have done literally nothing to improve mental health by any metric we use to measure societal mental health. If you are in college, check out the people training to be psychiatrists and therapists. It is pathetic.

Been around maybe 40 mental heath professionals at this point. Every single one of them knew less than me about studies on psychotropic drugs, studies on talk therapy etc...

Went into my medical records and psychiatrists complain about me intellectualizing, Im not even joking.

They are into a religion and they hate hearing it being debunked. Most notably many are into the "monoamine hypothesis", which is so dumb (as it was never proven, but instead disproven many times), that most reputable psychiatric institutions have to admit its BS pseudo-science

Metastudies (or studies of studies) have proven antidepressants, for example, to not be clinically significant in the treatment of depression beyond placebo,https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20051569

but their actual effects have been proven to be quite harmful in the long and sometimes short-term. For example, antidepressants are associated with a 3 times increase in suicides compared to placebo in randomised trials.
https://www.karger.com/Article/Pdf/501215 research by Michael P. Hengartner, PhD

Talk therapy, such as CBT has not been shown to be effective beyond placebo.
https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...cebo-studies/08C6F3704103BE1DE8737138D61BE66B
In fact, receiving talk therapy corresponds with an increase in stress, depression, neuroticism, and negative personality traits.

Last edited:
Therapist is just cope :feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman:

psychology is a joke tbh the only people benefitting from this are the pharmacies selling placebo pills

JFL, that profession could disappear and no one would give a shit.

psychology was murdered by the science meme

Nietzsche was the greatest psychologist to ever live and Freud and Jung are his deformed incel successors

there hasn't been a psychologist since then

psychotherapy is the witchcraft of the modern world.

psychology was murdered by the science meme

Nietzsche was the greatest psychologist to ever live and Freud and Jung are his deformed incel successors

there hasn't been a psychologist since then

Itd be fine it they didnt engage in scientific censorship. Their problem isnt that they attempt science at times, it is that the main journals they read and create engage in censorship and the critical studies are relegated to lesser known (but still reputable journals) Their problem is that they are a guild, and they will protect guild interests over everything. So if somoene proves their entire profession wrong, they have the guild to protect.

psychotherapy is the witchcraft of the modern world.
this

Every person I’ve had suggest me to get diagnosed for anti depressants was suicidal and generally disenfranchised in life. Why would you listen to the blind on how to see the world?

if i had to say the biggest factor in making people unhappy and unstable is cognitive dissonance, they just can't keep their mind in order and make it listen to them, it's going all over the place and they can't cope

having some CBT therapist gaslighting you how it's not so bad, or getting mood swings or random transitory happiness from some jew pills... all these things increase cognitive dissonance and disquiet, make you feel like your mind is going to hell and you can't put it back together again

Every person I’ve had suggest me to get diagnosed for anti depressants was suicidal and generally disenfranchised in life. Why would you listen to the blind on how to see the world?

I can see this opinion or tantrum being posted on regular basis. It's kinda stupid to see the crab in the bucket mentality so broadly pushed with the topic. The CBT is very usefull and helped more than less ppl, myself included. The key is to be lucky with therapist choice, it is supposed to taper negative habits and cognitive biases. Everyone has them and very few are aware. The links to articles are useless, because it is innacesible without paying for it. Give more legit informations next time.

I can see this opinion or tantrum being posted on regular basis. It's kinda stupid to see the crab in the bucket mentality so broadly pushed with the topic. The CBT is very usefull and helped more than less ppl, myself included. The key is to be lucky with therapist choice, it is supposed to taper negative habits and cognitive biases. Everyone has them and very few are aware. The links to articles are useless, because it is innacesible without paying for it. Give more legit informations next time.

I go through this all the time
>gives evidence from some secondary source
no its not reputable enough, give a journal
>gives journal
I cant read it, now its your job to go through the 1% of studies open to people who dont have a portal

Although admittedly therapy isnt really that bad. You can get through mainly unscathed if you just ignore them or hog the convo or pick a therapist who acts as a friend. Psychiatry is a different ball game.

I go through this all the time
>gives evidence from some secondary source
no its not reputable enough, give a journal
>gives journal
I cant read it, now its your job to go through the 1% of studies open to people who dont have a portal
Even if it was accessible, the study group was probably small and biased. @johnnyb reported for bully

Even if it was accessible, the study group was probably small and biased. @johnnyb reported for bully
Join: oct,2018 messages: 66
"Reports for bully"
Okay IT

U might find a therapist to learn how to behave around ppl. Clearly a toxic personality teehee also jfl at mocking my join date as '19 cel.

Sad that they get money for boleshit

I went to one psicologyst and was a disgusting experience. "All was in my head". "The world is beautiful and I am some kind of negative dude that is making the problems". I hate that guy who treated me.

Psychotherapy was invented to keep mentally Ill from hurting others, themselves, or just to get rid if a family member you didn't like. Its still used to keep us from hurting others and ourselves, they only care if you decide to kys or ER, otherwise its eat these pills and tell me your deepest darkest thoughts so I can laugh about them with my normie colleagues. Therapy isn't going to solve a lifetime of ostricization. It only works for Normie's who had one trauma and is otherwise healthy. Back in the day ppl just thought you were a bit weird but still loved you BC community.

how to solve mens depression:
1. change job if ure bullied there
2. cut off any peoplewho bully u
3. have girlfriend and sex

thats all it takes

Metastudies (or studies of studies) have proven antidepressants, for example, to not be clinically significant in the treatment of depression beyond placebo
Been around maybe 40 mental heath professionals at this point. Every single one of them knew less than me about studies on psychotropic drugs, studies on talk therapy etc...

According to one of your studies efficacy is up to two times as high. Did you even read them? JFL.

Gr3
Gr3

iu

All you do is prolonging the plight of mentalcels and mentally weakened truecels...

Last edited:
Therapists and psychiatrists are complete morons

MENTAL ILLNESS = BEING UGLY

THIS IS THE ONLY MENTAL ILLNESS OUT THERE THE REST IS JUST BRAIN DAMAGE.

According to one of your studies efficacy is up to two times as high. Did you even read them? JFL.

View attachment 137676View attachment 137676

iu

All you do is prolonging the plight of mentalcels and mentally weakened truecels...

You didnt understand the study. You read their commentary on a graph within the study and assumed clinical significance. According to the study, the results show significant statistical significance beyond placebo but not clinical significance

For continuous outcomes for which an SMD [standardised mean difference] was calculated (for example, when data from different versions of a scale are combined), an effect size of ~0·50 (a ‘medium’ effect size (Cohen, 1988)) or higher is considered clinically significant. Where a WMD [weighted mean difference] was calculated, a between group difference of at least 3 points (2 points for treatment-resistant depression) was considered clinically significant for both BDI and HRSD [Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression]

From the Cipriani study:
The random-effects summary SMD for all antidepressants was 0·30

tl;dr
0·30 (effect size from the cipriani study) is less than 0·50 (effect size which is clinically significant)

The drugs are therefore not clinically significant in the treatment of depression. Which was my original statement

Last edited:
Okay, I read it all now. I thougt thos was just another bullshitting thread.

Touché.

You would assume, that they would put more emphasis on this in the study then jfl. Always expected at least the more reputable unis to be more independent.

Depressing jfl.

Funnily enough the researcher Hengartner, who criticizes the Cipriani study, praises therapy in a German article on a science blog saying according to newest data from meta studies it works long term very well.
Ich habe soeben eine kritische Arbeit zur Wirksamkeit von Psychotherapie publiziert. Auch hier haben systematische Verzerrungen in der Methodik zu einer deutlichen Überschätzung der kurzfristigen Wirksamkeit geführt.

Jedoch wissen wir inzwischen auch, dass sich der primäre Nutzen der Psychotherapie im Vergleich zur medikamentösen Behandlung nicht in der kurzfristigen Symptomreduktion äußert, sondern hauptsächlich in einer dauerhaften und nachhaltigen Beschwerdefreiheit. Dies wurde in mehreren Meta-Analysen repliziert.

Zudem verbessert Psychotherapie auch das soziale Funktionsniveau der Patienten, was Medikamente nicht können. Und ich verdiene kein Geld als Psychotherapeut. Ich bin momentan einzig und allein in Forschung und Lehre tätig.

Do you have any more recent info about this?

Last edited:
Okay, I read it all now. I thougt thos was just another bullshitting thread.

Touché.

You would assume, that they would put more emphasis on this in the study then jfl. Always expected at least the more reputable unis to be more independent.

Depressing jfl.

Funnily enough the researcher Hengartner, who criticizes the Cipriani study, praises therapy in a German article on a science blog saying according to newest data from meta studies it works long term very well.

Do you have any more recent info about this?

Not sure what study he is referencing. The only thing that would change my mind is a meta-analysis of antidepressants that shows an SMD above 0·50 (equivalent to more than 3 points on the HDRS), I mean even exercise will have an efficacy above placebo way beyond that. Lets say a study came out showing an increase in 6 points on the HDRS, yea THEN it is clinically significant, but still very mild clinical significance.

Even if the SSRIs/SNRIs/SNDRIs etc were more powerful, their main effect seems to be anhedonia. Which is a symptom of depression itself. It may relieve one symptom: sadness, but increases another: anhedonia, so you are just trading one depressive symptom for another. Just not something I am into, although I do know people that take antidepressants in very large doses who appreciate that zombie effect.

The studies I linked about talk therapy I am less confident in, I really have not done enough research into talk therapy and could probably easily be disproven at least with regards to things that dont involve drugs.
psychology is a joke tbh the only people benefitting from this are the pharmacies selling placebo pills

Last edited:
Science has become so cucked you can point to peer reviews to prove any theory or bias. There is only utility in analyzing the whole of articles, seeing what the majority consensus is and going with that. Its hard not to have a negative confirmation bias as a mentalcel. Fall into it constantly.

Honestly don't know what to think anymore. Been on ADs for 28+ years. The damage to my brain is likely irreversible and now I'm an addict dependant on a broken system.

Not sure what study he is referencing. The only thing that would change my mind is a meta-analysis of antidepressants that shows an SMD above 0·50 (equivalent to more than 3 points on the HDRS), I mean even exercise will have an efficacy above placebo way beyond that. Lets say a study came out showing an increase in 6 points on the HDRS, yea THEN it is clinically significant, but still very mild clinical significance.

Even if the SSRIs/SNRIs/SNDRIs etc were more powerful, their main effect seems to be anhedonia. Which is a symptom of depression itself. It may relieve one symptom: sadness, but increases another: anhedonia, so you are just trading one depressive symptom for another. Just not something I am into, although I do know people that take antidepressants in very large doses who appreciate that zombie effect.

The studies I linked about talk therapy I am less confident in, I really have not done enough research into talk therapy and could probably easily be disproven at least with regards to things that dont involve drugs.
He recommends this website btw: https://cepuk.org/
May be worth a look.

Have you done any research on medicamentous anxiety reduction especially social one?

Last edited:
Just pay for one-on-one brainwashing sessions theory.

Are we talking here about the same "effect size" as in the other studies? 2,15 seems far to good.

Psychotherapy was invented to keep mentally Ill (ugly people) from hurting others, themselves, or just to get rid if a family member you didn't like. Its still used to keep us from hurting others and ourselves, they only care if you decide to kys or ER, otherwise its eat these pills and tell me your deepest darkest thoughts so I can laugh about them with my normie colleagues. Therapy isn't going to solve a lifetime of ostricization. It only works for Normie's who had one trauma and is otherwise healthy. Back in the day ppl just thought you were a bit weird but still loved you BC community.
:feelsbadman:

He recommends this website btw: https://cepuk.org/
May be worth a look.

Have you done any research on medicamentous anxiety reduction especially social one?

Are we talking here about the same "effect size" as in the other studies? 2,15 seems far to good.

Bump @Fiddlesticks03

Autismbux requires me to see Psychologists.

Plus it is a good idea for autists to have one because they’re able to protect you or help you with stuff if the gov tries to cuck you.

Autismbux requires me to see Psychologists.

Plus it is a good idea for autists to have one because they’re able to protect you or help you with stuff if the gov tries to cuck you.
Ye I noticed that as well. Should have seen one earlier tbh. :feelsseriously:

Government gigacucked me.

JFL at therapy. You bacically pay for a psychiatrist to feed you with bluepills. :bluepill::soy:

The thing is that even if therapy improved your mentalstate, people will still treat you like shit cause of your looks.