Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The world in the 21st century

CrackyChanFan

CrackyChanFan

Self-banned
-
In 2050 I will be 56 years old. I suspect most other people on this website will be 50-60 years old as well.
What will the world be like? We have been on a very specific cultural trajectory for a very long time now. I
am scared about what western culture will be like by the time I am old. It's not impossible that I will make it
to 106 years old in 2100.

What are your worst/best-case scenarios for the rest of this century?

I would rope before that unless i ascend soon

Best case scenario? Nuclear hall of cost.
Worst? This, what we have now.

Worst? This, what we have now.
I don't think this is necessarily true; that's what I'm worried about. I have a deep suspicion it could get a lot worse. Culture is hurtling towards a complete breakdown of human relations. Organised religion is dropping rapidly in Europe. The majority of the youth are very progressive and I feel like it is only going to get more intense. Technology is going to have very interesting effects on human society and I can see humans moving away from each other, focus on virtual worlds. On the other hand, huge economic problems and social conflicts could well be brewing. The meteoric rise of China and East Asia, in general, is going to create a new cold war between China and the USA; that shit already brewing. We don't imagine our future much anymore; not like our grandparents did in the 50s.

I don't think this is necessarily true; that's what I'm worried about. I have a deep suspicion it could get a lot worse. Culture is hurtling towards a complete breakdown of human relations. Organised religion is dropping rapidly in Europe. The majority of the youth are very progressive and I feel like it is only going to get more intense. Technology is going to have very interesting effects on human society and I can see humans moving away from each other, focus on virtual worlds. On the other hand, huge economic problems and social conflicts could well be brewing. The meteoric rise of China and East Asia, in general, is going to create a new cold war between China and the USA; that shit already brewing. We don't imagine our future much anymore; not like our grandparents did in the 50s.
Everything you said would have no negative impact on me. And anything that actually would push me into the loop is embraced.

I just hope there's a new war or a massive extinction or society collapses care sure as hell the future will not be any better for us it it continues like this

Everything you said would have no negative impact on me.
The increasingly progressive social attitudes of the youth will have an impact on your life. Right now, older 'conservatives' create a political buffer that mitigates the march of progressivism and stops every country from becoming like Sweden; that buffer is going to be gone when boomers die off. I feel like the future of politics is just going to be a show/showdown between economic social democrats and economic liberals/libertarians arguing about who is more socially progressive. The 'Conservative' Party in my country is already just a socially liberal/progressive party with economic right-wing views. Religious social conservatism and reactionary views will be so unusual that they will wield no influence.
What happens to our society, then? We will get the kind of problems that Sweden has but on a much grander scale.
How does that affect you? Increased crime, the intense vilification of people considered to have 'power' or 'privilege' to a Khmer Rouge level, the rise of China and their cultural and authoritarian influence, the eventual defeat of the West by China.

Last edited:
I'll invest in Fallout shelters and robot gfs

The increasingly progressive social attitudes of the youth will have an impact on your life. Right now, older 'conservatives' create a political buffer that mitigates the march of progressivism and stops every country from becoming like Sweden; that buffer is going to be gone when boomers die off. I feel like the future of politics is just going to be a show/showdown between economic social democrats and economic liberals/libertarians arguing about who is more socially progressive. The 'Conservative' Party in my country is already just a socially liberal/progressive party with economic right-wing views. Religious social conservatism and reactionary views will be so unusual that they will wield no influence.
What happens to our society, then? We will get the kind of problems that Sweden has but on a much grander scale.
"We" won't get any "problems". They will.

I will be 47. Best case scenario I become immortal/ stay at a young age & have had enough surgeries to be 10/10 looks wise. Worst case I suicide.