Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News The World Economy No Longer Needs Russia

Tarquinius

Tarquinius

Disregard my larping efforts. I can't change it.
★★★★

With alternative sources in place, Putin’s attempt at blackmailing Europe on energy has failed.​

For much of the past year, and since his invasion of Ukraine last February, Russian President Vladimir Putin has been riding high on his supposed energy omnipotence, holding the global economy hostage to his whims. Since last summer, Putin has choked off natural gas supplies to Europe, hoping that Europeans, shivering and without heat during the winter, would turn on their leaders and make it politically infeasible to continue support for Ukraine.

The threat was potent: In 2021, a whopping 83 percent of Russian gas was exported to Europe. Russia’s total global exports of 7 million barrels of oil a day and 200 billion cubic meters (bcm) of piped gas a year accounted for about half of its federal revenue. Even more importantly, Russia’s commodities exports played a crucial role in global supply chains: Europe was reliant on Russia for 46 percent of its total gas supply, with comparable levels of dependence on other Russian products including metals and fertilizer.

@WizardofSoda thoughts?

wheres my tag, piggie
I tagged him because he's pro-Ukraine and he follows the war. You mentioned before that you don't care about the war anymore.

I tagged him because he's pro-Ukraine and he follows the war. You mentioned before that you don't care about the war anymore.
Just tag me if your post involves Russia! I am russian, after all, so i can give you 'insider' info... not much insider-y. but still

Just tag me if your post involves Russia! I am russian, after all, so i can give you 'insider' info... not much insider-y. but still
You following the war on Telegram?

For much of the past year, and since his invasion of Ukraine last February, Russian President Vladimir Putin has been riding high on his supposed energy omnipotence, holding the global economy hostage to his whims. Since last summer, Putin has choked off natural gas supplies to Europe, hoping that Europeans, shivering and without heat during the winter, would turn on their leaders and make it politically infeasible to continue support for Ukraine.
Warmest winter in Europe BTW. I wonder where are those Europeans that are supposedly freezing without Russian gas :feelskek: :feelskek:
You following the war on Telegram?
I do, but it's mostly for the gore.

Clearly NOT Propaganda :soy:

CIA psychics telling us what Putin's intentions are and they don't even make sense. :incel:

"WE IS WINNING N' SHIT, haha suck it Putin"
"Propaganda died 80 years ago"

There was a Ukrainian soldier who had his eyes gouged out, but he was rescued and now he's in an Israeli hospital to get prosthetics so that he may be able to see again (sort of).

There was a Ukrainian soldier who had his eyes gouged out, but he was rescued and now he's in an Israeli hospital to get prosthetics so that he may be able to see again (sort of).
:feelscry::feelscry::feelsrope:

The weird part is that he was smiling the whole time at the hospital. All the pictures have him slightly grinning.

The weird part is that he was smiling the whole time at the hospital. All the pictures have him slightly grinning.
general grievous is really grievous

I FUCKING HATE THOSE WHO DESTROYED ME SO MUCH
You got nice suit, although... could your techheads make your armor a little better, Kenobi opened your armor with bare hands

You got nice suit, although... could your techheads make your armor a little better, Kenobi opened your armor with bare hands
I FUCKING HATE THE MODIFICATIONS DOOKU DID TO MY BRAIN SO I COULD BE FILLED WITH ANGER

I FUCKING HATE THE MODIFICATIONS DOOKU DID TO MY BRAIN SO I COULD BE FILLED WITH ANGER
Yeah, if he could do brain modifications.. why he couldnt made you a living weapon?

Kinda lackluster that one human could overpower deus ex machina

Yeah, if he could do brain modifications.. why he couldnt made you a living weapon?

Kinda lackluster that one human could overpower deus ex machina
DOOKU HAS THE FORCE

@WizardofSoda thoughts?

For oil since its easy to transport so its fungible. The Russian oil is still on the market its just not going to Europe as much anymore.

Natural gas they are still building the infrastructure for LNG.. 85%+ of natural gas is still sent by pipeline. Before the war Europe including the UK & Turkey but not including Russia used ~570 bcm (billion cubic meters) a year of natural gas.

150 bcm of that was from Russia. Now with the Russian natural gas mainly gone how did Europe cope. They increased LNG imports by ~70 bcm and they reduced consumption by ~80 bcm.

To get back the 80 bcm its taking some time to expand the LNG infrastructure on both sides. Basically the North American market can expand production by another 80 bcm without much trouble. But its the pipelines and LNG export terminals that have to be expanded in North America. Then the LNG import terminals and pipelines in Europe have to be expanded as well. South Korea is making more LNG ships.

Russia is going to export the 150 bcm that was going to Europe mainly to China instead, where Russia can get a lot better price anyway. That is taking time though to build more pipelines and other infrastructure on both sides.

Thing is there is still a huge gap in pricing, even though the prices have come way down from the peak.

Natural gas in North America is ~$3.50 per thousand cubic feet.
Natural gas in Europe is ~$18.50 per thousand cubic feet
Natural gas in East Asia usually matches the Europe price.

Its costing Europe substantial money like maybe $250 billion a year for the increased natural gas costs currently. But Europe has a $20 trillion economy, so they can pay it, its just costly.

BS, they are rising the price of everything.

Russia is going to export the 150 bcm that was going to Europe mainly to China instead, where Russia can get a lot better price anyway. That is taking time though to build more pipelines and other infrastructure on both sides.
China is increasing its economic control of Russia.

EU is thinking of integrating albania btw

With alternative sources in place, Putin’s attempt at blackmailing Europe on energy has failed.​

The threat was potent: In 2021, a whopping 83 percent of Russian gas was exported to Europe. Russia’s total global exports of 7 million barrels of oil a day and 200 billion cubic meters (bcm) of piped gas a year accounted for about half of its federal revenue. Even more importantly, Russia’s commodities exports played a crucial role in global supply chains: Europe was reliant on Russia for 46 percent of its total gas supply, with comparable levels of dependence on other Russian products including metals and fertilizer.
Pretty much. Not sure if I'd say "the world" instead of "Europe", but at least when it comes to the Old Continent, this definitely seems to be true.

It's a bit surreal to be honest, especially when you've been watching it from a country especially dependent on Russia's oil and gas, like I've been doing. Just a couple of months ago, literally just months, it seemed like we were facing the possibility of legit state collapse whenever Russian deliveries were threatened, and now, nobody cares about Russians possibly stopping their deliveries. It's legit like somebody just flipped a switch and suddenly, the entire Europe just doesn't need Russia anymore.

If anything, this turn of events now brutally exposed, if there were any doubts about it by "anti-colonialist" copers, who really holds the power in the relationship between backwards, energy-rich countries exporting raw materials and the complex, advanced economies importing those materials to create sophisticated goods.

1920px-Index_economic_complexity.png

Sure, the countries you are exporting your oil and gas to might let you get away with a lot of shit, which is why people are already saying that the EU is bound to be softer on Azerbaijan in the future given that they are about to become one of the larger suppliers of oil into Europe soon, but when you truly piss them off, they'll simply discard you and find someone else selling the same thing you are.

Its costing Europe substantial money like maybe $250 billion a year for the increased natural gas costs currently. But Europe has a $20 trillion economy, so they can pay it, its just costly.
Exactly. That was always going to be the result of this, when you look at the raw numbers. In the end, Europe's economy is simply massively larger than the Russian one and they simply can afford massive projects like this.

China is increasing its economic control of Russia.
Indeed and not just of Russia. I don't know how much you watch/read Russian propagandists, but lately, just about all they've been talking about are: some new Chinese initiative investing 100 billion dollars or so into developing Siberia (of course:feelshaha:), and the progressively continuing integration of the Eurasian Economic Union with the Belt and Road Initiative. It's not just about Russia, the Chinese are clearly aiming to economically dominate the entire EEU.

And that's really the most interesting part of this. There's no doubt anymore what camp Russia is going to be in for the foreseeable future. The real question is, where are the other post-Soviet countries going to stand? There are already some commentators who believe that Russia's failure in Ukraine is going to lead to Central Asia becoming more intertwined with the West, but I highly doubt that either China or, as much as it will be able to act against it, Russia, would tolerate those countries allying with the West.

If the Chinese do manage to get them on board they they wil just need to somehow do the same pacification and integration into BRI with ASEAN, and then they would have a nearly certain chance of building an economic empire comprising, except for the very notable exception of their sort-of rival India, every single country bordering them.

EU is thinking of integrating albania btw
And not just them. The entire Western Balkans, actually.

Though, there was never any other way that was going to go. The non-EU Balkan countries are a backwater region with tiny population and similarly tiny economy, completely encircled by a large empire. In the end, they were always going to be in the EU, one way or another.

And it's not just them. With Russia currently losing its influence there, the EU and the West in general even seem to be preparing to expand their influence into the Caucasus. Georgia wants to be granted an official status as an EU candidate country, Armenia has all but fallen out with Russia and the EU is currently moving in, and Azerbaijan, as I've already mentioned, is set to become a notable supplier of oil into Europe.

Indeed and not just of Russia. I don't know how much you watch/read Russian propagandists, but lately, just about all they've been talking about are: some new Chinese initiative investing 100 billion dollars or so into developing Siberia (of course:feelshaha:), and the progressively continuing integration of the Eurasian Economic Union with the Belt and Road Initiative. It's not just about Russia, the Chinese are clearly aiming to economically dominate the entire EEU.
It's honestly mind-blowing. Russians are willingly making themselves a Chinese vassal. I've never seen such a case of a people literally selling themselves to a foreign power :feelskek:
And that's really the most interesting part of this. There's no doubt anymore what camp Russia is going to be in for the foreseeable future. The real question is, where are the other post-Soviet countries going to stand? There are already some commentators who believe that Russia's failure in Ukraine is going to lead to Central Asia becoming more intertwined with the West, but I highly doubt that either China or, as much as it will be able to act against it, Russia, would tolerate those countries allying with the West.
I think the Central Asian states will move towards China's sphere of influence, but the Republics of the Caucasus will move towards the West.

Though, there was never any other way that was going to go. The non-EU Balkan countries are a backwater region with tiny population and similarly tiny economy, completely encircled by a large empire. In the end, they were always going to be in the EU, one way or another.
I think that after the de-Islamisation of Albania and Bosnia, the Western Balkans will certainly join the EU.
And it's not just them. With Russia currently losing its influence there, the EU and the West in general even seem to be preparing to expand their influence into the Caucasus. Georgia wants to be granted an official status as an EU candidate country, Armenia has all but fallen out with Russia and the EU is currently moving in, and Azerbaijan, as I've already mentioned, is set to become a notable supplier of oil into Europe.
Azerbaijan's culture will generally be more influenced by European culture as time goes on.

Europoor cope. Where is the oil, gas and lumber going to come from? Maybe russia is becoming something of a chinese vassal but prior the world was america's at least chinese people are a lot more reasonable. America is now do open gay fisting have fat women running rabid and infinity niggers or we bomb you.

yeah, my point was more, if russia isn't important for the economy, how are shithole leeches gonna be of any importance.
I wish the EU didn't exist at all anyway.

Putin should just Launch the Nukes tbh

Ukraine needs to be bombed into a giant parking lot. :feelsjuice:

indeed. Russia gonna become north Korea soon

It's honestly mind-blowing. Russians are willingly making themselves a Chinese vassal. I've never seen such a case of a people literally selling themselves to a foreign power :feelskek:
Exactly:feelskek:. For a short while, there was something of an equilibrium between them, where it was completely clear that China is the economic superpower between the two of them, with Russia not having any chance of matching them on that front, but they, in contrast, were the military and resources superpower, the two of them theoretically supporting each other in the areas where the other fell short.

Well, as it turns out, not only is Russia completely dwarfed by China economically, but their military is nowhere near as powerful as advertised for decades, and the only thing they can now do with the vast amount of natural resources that they are so proud of, is to support the superior Chinese economy:feelshaha:.

I think the Central Asian states will move towards China's sphere of influence, but the Republics of the Caucasus will move towards the West.
Indeed. That seems to be the way it is going to go, but still, you do find Westerners who believe that Central Asia could be convinced to become friendlier to, and more intertwined with, the West, as unlikely as it might be.

I think that after the de-Islamisation of Albania and Bosnia, the Western Balkans will certainly join the EU.
That would probably be the ideal outcome tbh, but ultimately, I doubt that the religious beliefs and their levels of any of those countries are going to matter much to the rest of the EU, as awkward as it might get in the long run if Europe starts having problems with the Islamic World and so on:feelsugh:.

Azerbaijan's culture will generally be more influenced by European culture as time goes on.
Most likely.

yeah, my point was more, if russia isn't important for the economy, how are shithole leeches gonna be of any importance.
I wish the EU didn't exist at all anyway.
Which is why those countries are getting so much aid from the EU already before moving forward with the ascension. Overall, the goal seems to be developing them to a point where they will provide at least some value to the rest of the bloc before they can become a part of it, pretty much replicating what was done with the EE countries already in the EU.

Sure, those countries are still shitholes, as I and the other Slavcels here happily and constantly remind everyone else:reeeeee:, but they are still shitholes that came up with stuff like Skype (Estonia) or Nord VPN (Lithuania), and generally have a decent number of modern tech companies, as you can see in the linked article. Meanwhile, Western Balkans are just shitholes with pretty much nonexistent start-up environment, and getting them out of that and closer to the other CEE countries seems to be what the EU is aiming for before letting them in.

Which is why those countries are getting so much aid from the EU already before moving forward with the ascension. Overall, the goal seems to be developing them to a point where they will provide at least some value to the rest of the bloc before they can become a part of it, pretty much replicating what was done with the EE countries already in the EU.
they're gonna provide as much value as the other shithole countries are currently.
Sure, those countries are still shitholes, as I and the other Slavcels here happily and constantly remind everyone else:reeeeee:
as a germancel I'm very salty about all the leeches sucking off my cock. every dollar they (and all the leeches INSIDE OF germany) get is a dollar I earned.

Well, as it turns out, not only is Russia completely dwarfed by China economically, but their military is nowhere near as powerful as advertised for decades, and the only thing they can now do with the vast amount of natural resources that they are so proud of, is to support the superior Chinese economy:feelshaha:.
Even before this catastrophe of a "special military operation", it was actually clear that China has a stronger military than Russia. Not only do they have more than 10x the manpower, but their technology is comparable and they have 100s of nuclear weapons. Sure Russia has thousands, but it's only a few well positioned nuclear attacks away from having most of its population destroyed. :feelshaha:
Indeed. That seems to be the way it is going to go, but still, you do find Westerners who believe that Central Asia could be convinced to become friendlier to, and more intertwined with, the West, as unlikely as it might be.
That's true, however I don't really believe that Central Asian states will adopt a particularly hostile attitude towards the West, unless the West messes it up somehow. I think they're going to adopt an attitude of "the West is whatever, we prefer China".
That would probably be the ideal outcome tbh, but ultimately, I doubt that the religious beliefs and their levels of any of those countries are going to matter much to the rest of the EU, as awkward as it might get in the long run if Europe starts having problems with the Islamic World and so on:feelsugh:.
The good (and interesting) thing about Bosnia and Albania, in particular, is that homegrown terrorism (jihadism) is essentially non-existent. More British muslims went to fight in Syria/Iraq than Albanian/Bosnian muslims. But that's not actually very surprising as these countries' people are only culturally muslim without caring much about it.
Sure, those countries are still shitholes, as I and the other Slavcels here happily and constantly remind everyone else:reeeeee:, but they are still shitholes that came up with stuff like Skype (Estonia) or Nord VPN (Lithuania), and generally have a decent number of modern tech companies, as you can see in the linked article. Meanwhile, Western Balkans are just shitholes with pretty much nonexistent start-up environment, and getting them out of that and closer to the other CEE countries seems to be what the EU is aiming for before letting them in.
Serbia comes to mind too. Blind loyalty to Russia has meant that they sacrifice basically everything about their nation, from the economy to the quality of life etc.

Ya you need the big population to compete at a high level on your own. The Soviet Union + the Warsaw Pact countries had ~400 million people in 1990. Thats what the Russian leaders today themselves are saying is to be an independent power center, Russia needs to become much larger. At minimum they need a strong alliance with a bunch of countries around them.

Say these new weapons systems each one its going to be $tens of billions in development costs. China can pay for that without problem, the West can pay for it without problem. But no one else can across all the different weapons systems. The same is true for all the parts of the economy.

So as Russia integrates with China's economy, then it gives the Chinese economy more scale and stability.

Ya you need the big population to compete at a high level on your own. The Soviet Union + the Warsaw Pact countries had ~400 million people in 1990. Thats what the Russian leaders today themselves are saying is to be an independent power center, Russia needs to become much larger. At minimum they need a strong alliance with a bunch of countries around them.

Say these new weapons systems each one its going to be $tens of billions in development costs. China can pay for that without problem, the West can pay for it without problem. But no one else can across all the different weapons systems. The same is true for all the parts of the economy.

So as Russia integrates with China's economy, then it gives the Chinese economy more scale and stability.
whats your take on what this man is saying. Are his claims accurate? The first 2-3 minutes sums up what i am asking, no need to watch the whole video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZjQp8YA6UM

they're gonna provide as much value as the other shithole countries are currently.

as a germancel I'm very salty about all the leeches sucking off my cock. every dollar they (and all the leeches INSIDE OF germany) get is a dollar I earned.
Pretty much.

Even before this catastrophe of a "special military operation", it was actually clear that China has a stronger military than Russia. Not only do they have more than 10x the manpower, but their technology is comparable and they have 100s of nuclear weapons. Sure Russia has thousands, but it's only a few well positioned nuclear attacks away from having most of its population destroyed. :feelshaha:
Yeah, what I was talking about was mostly the sheer wank Russia's AA capabilities tended to get. I remember a lot of pro-Russia shills saying that S-500 is "generations" ahead of anything the rest of the world has, that Russia's airspace is "untouchable" and "impenetrable" thanks to it, and even some NATO projections of a hypothetical war with Russia had a large portion of Europe's territory immediately becoming a no-fly zone for NATO aircraft with Russia quickly gaining control of it.

Now, that was very much proven to have been bullshit:feelskek:. In fact, I haven't really seen anyone, even the most die-hard pro-Russia shills bringing that up recently, with the new cope being the hypersonics. Except, China apparently also either has, or tests those, so yeah, there's really no remaining part where Russia can claim to be stronger than China.
That's true, however I don't really believe that Central Asian states will adopt a particularly hostile attitude towards the West, unless the West messes it up somehow. I think they're going to adopt an attitude of "the West is whatever, we prefer China".
Yeah, that seems to be the way it's going to go. Not particularly hostile to the West, but the hopes of the Westerners who believe that those countries will prefer the West to China almost certainly aren't going to come true.

The good (and interesting) thing about Bosnia and Albania, in particular, is that homegrown terrorism (jihadism) is essentially non-existent. More British muslims went to fight in Syria/Iraq than Albanian/Bosnian muslims. But that's not actually very surprising as these countries' people are only culturally muslim without caring much about it.
Exactly. Pretty hilarious state of affairs tho that only a tiny minority of European jihadis are coming from the actually Islamic European countries:feelshaha:.

Serbia comes to mind too. Blind loyalty to Russia has meant that they sacrifice basically everything about their nation, from the economy to the quality of life etc.
True. They seem to finally be starting to turn around, at least their politicians are, but that doesn't change how much they've already lost due to their stubborn refusal not to constantly side with Russia. When you look at the articles I linked, they are the only non-EU country apart from Ukraine which, admittedly sporadically, manages to get their companies there. If they were willing to just get on with the reforms, EU integration and so on, they could unironically get the regional hegemony they want so much and be one of, if not the strongest player there.

Yeah, what I was talking about was mostly the sheer wank Russia's AA capabilities tended to get. I remember a lot of pro-Russia shills saying that S-500 is "generations" ahead of anything the rest of the world has, that Russia's airspace is "untouchable" and "impenetrable" thanks to it, and even some NATO projections of a hypothetical war with Russia had a large portion of Europe's territory immediately becoming a no-fly zone for NATO aircraft with Russia quickly gaining control of it.
I've heard that too. I didn't know if I should laugh or genuinely feel sorry for anyone believing this.
Now, that was very much proven to have been bullshit:feelskek:. In fact, I haven't really seen anyone, even the most die-hard pro-Russia shills bringing that up recently, with the new cope being the hypersonics. Except, China apparently also either has, or tests those, so yeah, there's really no remaining part where Russia can claim to be stronger than China.
The biggest problem with Russian missile technology is that they have a tendency to land anywhere that isn't their target.
Exactly. Pretty hilarious state of affairs tho that only a tiny minority of European jihadis are coming from the actually Islamic European countries:feelshaha:.
I've met (online) people from Bosnia who are very against mass immigration and specifically muslim immigration.
True. They seem to finally be starting to turn around, at least their politicians are, but that doesn't change how much they've already lost due to their stubborn refusal not to constantly side with Russia. When you look at the articles I linked, they are the only non-EU country apart from Ukraine which, admittedly sporadically, manages to get their companies there. If they were willing to just get on with the reforms, EU integration and so on, they could unironically get the regional hegemony they want so much and be one of, if not the strongest player there.
If Serbia had joined the EU, they would absolutely have economic control of Bosnia and Monenegro, in fact most of the Yugoslav territories would have been under the economic control of Serbia.

I hate Brazil more than Russia

I've heard that too. I didn't know if I should laugh or genuinely feel sorry for anyone believing this.

The biggest problem with Russian missile technology is that they have a tendency to land anywhere that isn't their target.
Exactly :feelskek:. I don't think there's ever in history been an army build up to be so powerful in the popular consciousness, only to fall so humiliatingly when put into actual combat.

I've met (online) people from Bosnia who are very against mass immigration and specifically muslim immigration.
Not surprising. The Balkans is the Balkans, after all. Not to mention that there's nothing impossible about Muslims not wanting other Muslims to immigrate, or being xenphobic irrespective of the religion of the immigrants, or the fact that the non-Muslims there are probably going to be extra against any Muslim immigration.

If Serbia had joined the EU, they would absolutely have economic control of Bosnia and Monenegro, in fact most of the Yugoslav territories would have been under the economic control of Serbia.
Exactly. Which is why it's so nonsensical for them to still be pushing themselves into Russia's camp.

I already knew they were fucked when the plans for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline were overturned.

whats your take on what this man is saying. Are his claims accurate? The first 2-3 minutes sums up what i am asking, no need to watch the whole video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZjQp8YA6UM

I don't really know the casualties numbers. My last guess was 50,000 Russian dead and 70,000 Ukrainian dead. I think it will be fairly even. Russia has around 5 times the people though when you count the LPR and DPR on Russia's side.

I think the world does need Russia still. There are countries that still purchase Russian weapons.

Exactly. Which is why it's so nonsensical for them to still be pushing themselves into Russia's camp.
I'm truly wondering what Serbia will do once it's absolutely clear that Russia will be a puppet state of China. Will they also sell themselves to China? If they do, they honestly deserve anything terrible that happens to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back